BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 7, 2012 11:24 pm  #41

Re: Cabin pressure

My favorite quote :
Douglas : "Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we might be flying into a mountain. That makes me feel... scared of the mountain. One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to... [Douglas makes a crashing noise as of a plane flying into a mountain.]"
I love the way he says it : ).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 8, 2012 12:02 am  #42

Milkomeda wrote:

My favorite quote :
Douglas : "Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we might be flying into a mountain. That makes me feel... scared of the mountain. One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to... [Douglas makes a crashing noise as of a plane flying into a mountain.]"

I've listened to this today. 
Roger Allam is absolutely awesome as Douglas. I would say he's my favorite, but also Arthur and Martin and Carolyn... I love them all. I even love Herc. And the otters. And the lemon. And the yellow cars, of course 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 8, 2012 12:36 am  #43

I laughed so much at the otter thing, given what the fans have done with Cumberotters!

I love Anthony Head in anything as well so Herc is awesome.

Where's John Finnemore's blog, Davina?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 8, 2012 12:41 am  #44

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

May 15, 2012 1:20 pm  #45

All three  series of Cabin Pressure are being released on CD in July, August and September. They can be pre-ordered on John Finnemore's Blog. He says it is looking hopeful that he will be allowed to mess about a bit with the cover, which sounds BRILLIANT!

Oh and I saw two yellow cars at the same time earlier today! Is that a record?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2012 2:09 pm  #46

That's good news, Davina!! I might get them... I downloaded the three series by iTunes, but I think I would love to have the CDs specially if Finnemore makes the covers 

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 15, 2012 5:54 pm  #47

I thought you meant that it was good news that I saw two yellow cars at the same time!  Yes I have also downloaded them but I fancy listening to them in the car too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 15, 2012 6:58 pm  #48

Davina wrote:

I thought you meant that it was good news that I saw two yellow cars at the same time! 

Of course, that's good news too!! 
Lately I'm having to refrain myself from shouting "yellow car" when I see a yellow car because: 1) my friends would give me a weird look and 2) it wouldn't make any sense said in Spanish (it doesn't sound right)
So I envy you, in a way...

June 19, 2012 12:49 pm  #49

I just bought series 1 from iTunes and listened to Abu Dhabi. It's hilarious. But being in this forum is getting expensive  , buying all those DVDs and car stickers and so on …

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2012 4:43 am  #50

Oh, I adore Cabin Pressure!! Now I listen to the last series of Season 2. My mostly loved are: Abu-Dabi, Douz, Fitton, and all series of Season 2 ))). In fact, I listen to them again and again and always find something I haven't caught at the 1st time, as my mother language is Russian.
I have read this topic and am surprised at the fact that people have to buy the series. I downloaded them for free (though I suppose it may be illegal).

Milkomeda wrote:

My favorite quote :

I love it too! And when at the end he says "Hey, chief....I might be wrong....but I think Author is about to lose us all our job. This makes me feel... unemployed." ))))
Ipswich is great! And when Douglas says to Martin "Surely you've heard of amigo dogs: Spanish breed, very friendly" ))))

Last edited by 221B Baker Street (June 21, 2012 5:17 am)

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 21, 2012 6:39 am  #51

Hm, I suppose you're right, it might have been illegal  . Most things you can download for free are (films and music). In Germany we have a very heated discussion about this at the moment. But back to Cabin Pressure: I'm only up to Douz so far and I like the show very much. The characters and voices are great.

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

June 21, 2012 11:57 am  #52

SusiGo wrote:

Hm, I suppose you're right, it might have been illegal  . Most things you can download for free are (films and music). In Germany we have a very heated discussion about this at the moment. But back to Cabin Pressure: I'm only up to Douz so far and I like the show very much. The characters and voices are great.

Well, I think in 2-3 years it'll be forbidden like in many countries nowadays, but for the present we are enjoying all the advantages of torrents .
Douz is great! (like all other series as well ). I like Ben's voice, but Douglas won my heart . And they are playing with their voices so wonderfully.

June 22, 2012 12:10 am  #53

Great.  Another way to spend time online instead of doing more important things in RL.  Thanks, guys!     (Just kidding!)

Now I'm hooked on Cabin Pressure, too.  I'm so glad there's Youtube!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 22, 2012 2:27 am  #54

I found it in the blog of one Sherlockian and was roaring with laughter))). Hope she wouldn't mind my copying it here.

"Bristol Airport, just so you know, the only “exciting news  I could hear from you is that MJN Air are diverting to your airport. Anything else would be a severe disappointment. I’m just saying."

June 22, 2012 2:52 am  #55

Sherli Bakerst wrote:

Great.  Another way to spend time online instead of doing more important things in RL.  Thanks, guys!     (Just kidding!)

Now I'm hooked on Cabin Pressure, too.  I'm so glad there's Youtube!

Oh dear what have we done to you poor people?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 22, 2012 4:09 am  #56

We have opened their ears and minds to the wonder of John Finnemore, is what we've done. I think that makes them rather the opposite of "poor people"!

I have him on Twitter but he rarely posts. I need to check out more of his work I think.

It's such a brilliantly written series.

Last edited by Wholocked (June 22, 2012 4:10 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 23, 2012 12:17 pm  #57

John's got a great blog it is called 'Forget What Did'. Find it, view it, laugh and wonder. You will not be disappointed.

June 25, 2012 9:50 am  #58

Sometimes I think three seasons are not enough >.< I finished listening to it a few days ago and I kind of miss it, mostly because Benedict`s voice but also because this show is, as Arthur would say, BRILLIANT! 

By the way, is there on the Internet any clue to the exact month/day when season 4 airs? So far all three seasons aired in July, and it would be really awesome if the 4th one followed this pattern, but with Ben`s busy schedule I doubt it...

June 25, 2012 9:53 am  #59

My son and daughter are eyeing me strangely when I clean the kitchen and start laughing uncontrollably because I'm listening to Douz or Gdansk of whatever on myiPod  .

June 25, 2012 10:03 am  #60

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera