BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 28, 2014 10:48 pm  #1

Before she was "Sherlocked"

Presumably Irene was collecting her data before she ever met Sherlock...so "I am Sherlocked" couldn't always have been her password.

Granted, there's no great mystery about this: people change passwords all the time. But he even points out, if she'd chosen something more random, he might not have figured it out. Well, all she really had to do was just leave it the way it was before she was "sherlocked."

March 1, 2014 12:49 am  #2

Re: Before she was "Sherlocked"

But somehow it also was too obvious to pop up in Sherlock's mind immediately.

Well, feelings make most people careless.

And finally there must be something like that in the episode. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 1, 2014 12:59 am  #3

gently69 wrote:

But somehow it also was too obvious to pop up in Sherlock's mind immediately.

Well, feelings make most people careless.

And finally there must be something like that in the episode.

It does actually seem kind of obvious - but maybe I have the benefit of a viewer's hindsight. Sherlock's catching it might depend on how aware he was of being fascinating to women...if he had to break into an account of Molly's or John's he might have realized the password had to do with him.

I am reminded of a scene on Lois and Clark where a fugitive (who is really innocent, of course) is hiding out at Lois's apartment, and he gets into her password-protected computer because the password, (Superman) "wasn't too tough to figure out."

March 3, 2014 5:03 am  #4

Well he is on his last guess when he gets it. It's pretty clear she's into him in the fireplace scene when he takes her pulse. She sat and stated at him for two hours while he played violin and talks to an absent John. Then she did all. Coming onto him about "dinner" . It was pretty clear at that point.

How can you even form a sentence to reply when this ^^^ is in your face? 

Board footera