BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 6:52 pm  #21

Re: Newbie from the Philippines

jimella wrote:

veecee wrote:

Mostly romance languages -- Spanish, Portuguese, some French, a little Italian and Catalan.
I would like to learn more Japanese. The class I went to was only once a week, so hard to really get into it. Can you write it?
The only thing I can remember in Farsi (Persian) is how to say "I don't speak Farsi." Whenever I say it to someone who does speak it, they start speaking to me in Farsi, even though they understood what I just said. They're just so happy to hear a westerner give it a try.

Yes, I can write and read Japanese. I taught part time for a couple of years. I quit because my day job was getting too stressful.

I enjoy teaching lanuages, and wish I were doing it as my main job now. And I wish my Japanese class had been better. If you had been the instructor, we could have talked about Sherlock.

June 20, 2012 2:48 am  #22

Hi!!   I'm the local kitty here.   Welcome  to our  club!!   It's a lot of fun.   If I might ask,  what type of crafting do you do?   I  do  handmade greeting cards with rubber stamps, inkpads, and paper punches.   It's an enjoyable hobby.  I'm  mostly a tv buff--  I love Doctor Who,  Merlin,   and Sherlock.   welcome again!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 20, 2012 4:49 am  #23

Thank you sherlockskitty! Nice, we like the same crafts. I do greeting cards too but I don't have a lot of stamps yet. It's nice because I can also use my card making stuff with scrapbooks too.

I once attempted to sell handmade cards, but I got too attached to my cards so I ended up not selling them at all :D

June 20, 2012 5:16 am  #24

I  just make them for friends and family.   christmas is when I really get going.   I wish Hallmark cards would just hire us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 21, 2012 3:23 am  #25

sherlockskitty wrote:

I  just make them for friends and family.   christmas is when I really get going.   I wish Hallmark cards would just hire us.

Does anyone else sew? I do, and I just got some London-themed fabric. I wish I could make gifts for you all.

June 21, 2012 7:53 am  #26

I have been known to have a stitch in the past. I used to do a lot of counted x stitch. I also knit, from time-to-time, like at Christmas. Anyone want a Christmas jumper (sweater)? I am seriously contemplating making a Pocket Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 21, 2012 8:20 pm  #27

I know. I wish I could make Pocket Sherlocks for all of you.

I did one counted cross stitch. It came out fine, but I thought I might go insane doing it. Takes a lot of patience.

Board footera