BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 10, 2012 2:49 pm  #1

Frayn's Copenhagen

Jim Al-Khalili has tweeted that he has spent some fun time explaining Quantum Physics to Benedict who is to play Heisenberg in a BBC Radio 3 production of Frayn's Copenhagen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

October 10, 2012 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Frayn's Copenhagen

Marlenele.tumblr writes:

It will air in January and Simon Russell Beale and Greta Scacchi play Mr and Mrs Bohr.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

November 21, 2012 8:55 am  #3

A RT article on the radio play. Please note that Benedict looks like he spent the night in his clothes. 

http://whatareyouwearingbenedict.tumblr.com/image/36138633106

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 1, 2012 2:08 pm  #4

More from the Radio Times Article:

Great Scacchi, Simon Russell Beale and Benedict Cumberbatch at Broadcasting House, London, 17 October 2012. Photographed for Radio Times magazine by Charlie Gray.

" .............. We caught up with the Sherlock star last month as he recorded a new version of Michael Frayn's acclaimed 1998 play Copenhagen, along with Simon Russell Beale and Greta Scacchi.

Copenhagen airs on BBC Radio 3 in January - listeners outside the UK can hear the station's output here. A full interview with Cumberbatch, Beale and Scacchi will appear on RadioTimes.com to coincide with the broadcast. "

I will watch for an airing date of this & post when it becomes available.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 12, 2013 5:57 am  #5

Benedict Cumberbatch on fame, science and his new Radio 3 play, Copenhagen

This airs Sun 13 Jan 2013 at 20:30 on BBC Radio 3

Here's the link to check what time you need to listen:
Check times here

And here;s Radio 3 's link
BBC Radio 3

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

January 13, 2013 10:40 pm  #6

It's just ended. I liked it enourmously. More than I thought possible. I wish I could have the recording.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine:  Do you know the stars, Mr Tietjens?
Christopher:  I despise astronomy.

January 14, 2013 6:05 pm  #7

I enjoyed it very much myself. More than I thought I would as well. Some of the technical jargon went way over my head, but there was a lot of emotion toward the end and it moved me to tears. Ben's voice was so very powerful and moving.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a cash and carry world. You pay as you go. Sometimes it's a little. Mostly it's a lot. Sometimes it's all you have.

January 15, 2013 9:03 am  #8

I managed to listen to this on BBC I-player (there's  an option for anyone who missed it or anyone who wants to listen again...for a short while at least). The technical jargon I let wash over me. What a wonderful play for   three voices. Just the occasional atmospheric and the actors themselves. Very moving and a great range of emotions shown by all. I am going to treat myself and listen to this again later today.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 19, 2013 10:40 am  #9

Audio G will release the play as audiobook on 1 August. Another treat for all fans of his voice. 

January 8, 2014 3:51 pm  #10

Sadly Benedict has once again been overlooked. Simon Russell Beale was nominated for the BBC Audio Drama Awards for his performance as Niels Bohr. It is a brilliant piece of work but IMO Benedict as Heisenberg had a much more demanding part which he played in a moving and masterful way. 

February 26, 2014 6:03 pm  #11

I listened to this today and thought it wonderful - Benedict's performance really moved me; I can't believe he missed out on a nomination for it, what a shame...and actually quite annoying as you're right, Susie, it was a very demanding part.

Last edited by Tinks (February 26, 2014 6:05 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

Board footera