BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2012 1:23 pm  #1

There and back again in your mind (a forum game or something)

I'm not a fan of forum games. I rarely take part in them on any message board. But I just thought of something that might be really stupid while I was sitting on my parents' porch enjoying a cup of coffee. I was going to put this in the section with the other forum games (quizzes, hangmen et al) but it's not really Sherlock related so decided to post it here.

This dumb idea of mine is that you take something from your present surrounding. Be it an item, a song or sound you're hearing or whatever. Then connect that to something, connect that to something else and so on, and finally get back to where you started. I'll start and give an example.

There was a bunch of red flowers on the porch -> in Stephen King's Dark Tower books the tower is said to be surrounded by red roses -> the tower reminds me of the Barad-dûr tower from the Lord of the Rings-> on the top of the tower there's the eye of Sauron -> when girls have asked me online what colored eyes I have I always say they're "deep-blue sea" -colored cause I think it sounds nice -> at the moment my mother is cleaning the swimming pool that's blue in color - > the red roses on the porch are my mother's.

There. If you think this is stupid just say so and we'll let this topic die. I do hope though that someone finds this even remotely interesting since it's one of the first forum games I've ever created and I like things and images that one can do in your head no matter where you are.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 17, 2012 1:26 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 17, 2012 1:54 pm  #2

Re: There and back again in your mind (a forum game or something)

Well, I think this could be very funny...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 20, 2012 4:08 am  #3

Yeah, I like the idea of it....You should start us off with one then....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 20, 2012 10:43 am  #4

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Yeah, I like the idea of it....You should start us off with one then....

I already did. The rose/eyes/Sauron one. It was both a start off and an example. I was being efficient.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 20, 2012 10:44 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 21, 2012 9:25 am  #5

OK, so what do I do next? Do I continue from where you left off (your last statement being about the roses belonging to your mother), or should I make up my own complete one?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 21, 2012 10:17 am  #6

No, it doesn't have to do with anything I said. Do your own mental roundabout, starting from your own surroundings.

Board footera