BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 5:25 pm  #21

Re: CAM's wedding message to Mary

I'm probably just clutching at straws. Already totally in love with Mary and I don't want her to be a baddie, even if she's being blackmailed to do it. Moffat!!!!! *shakes fist*

January 6, 2014 5:34 pm  #22

I think she could still well be a victim.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 8:54 pm  #23

Anybody else suspicious, that Mike Stamford was not at the wedding? I always pictured him as the perfect villain, who quietly and wall flower like worked in the background, and set up Sherlock and John for the devilish purpose of spying on Sherlock, and get precious information on him, when John had a night out with Stamford. But, maybe, he was just angry, that he wasn't asked to be best man, lol!

Last edited by sherlocked (January 6, 2014 9:02 pm)

January 6, 2014 8:55 pm  #24

But this would be very much against Canon. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 6, 2014 8:57 pm  #25

Yes, Sherlock makes a comment about him, but I didn't actually hear what he said.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 6, 2014 9:01 pm  #26

I know, but in a Golden Age detective novel, he would make the perfect villain. Anyway, he was probably just miffed, that he wasn't allowed to make the speech.

January 6, 2014 9:04 pm  #27

besleybeach, Stamford sent a telegram, saying sorry, that he couldn't come.

January 6, 2014 9:09 pm  #28

Ah, cheers.

January 15, 2014 8:26 am  #29

I would like to return to this topic - what do we make of the wedding message in the light of HLV? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 15, 2014 12:35 pm  #30

I think that CAM had contacted before (Why? Did he make her do somthing for him in exchange of his silence?) so she knows who is sending the message. He mentions her family because she has family although they maybe think her dead. Any way she can't contact them but CAM is reminding her that he can.

January 27, 2014 4:50 pm  #31

Clueing_for _looks wrote:

CAM = Charles Augustus Magnussen.
I am really worried!!!

Haven't seen HLV yet, but somehow I feel CERTAIN that's who it was...possibly a hint of blackmail to come if he knows something about her past.

February 10, 2014 8:48 pm  #32

I still wonder why CAM sent a wedding telegram. Knowing what we do about him, it does seem like a tactic he might employ, to remind somebody that he "owns" them.

But it somehow implies to me they were either associated in some way in the past, or he wants to take advantage of the "ownership" to have her do something in the future.

February 23, 2014 5:01 pm  #33

Why CAM wrote the message? He wanted to say Hi.

He wanted to tell her that he knows about her past, possibly that she has a family (parents or a husband) who didn't know about her marriage or even where she currently lived.

The abbreviation CAM is written next to the name of the newspaper in "Many Happy Returns".
It looks like a signature or something that is constantly included in the title of the newspaper. We can build the theory that Sherlock knew who wrote the message.

Can we deduce who "poppet" is?
The telegram is not sent to "John and Mary" or "Mr. and Mrs. Watson" but to Mary alone.

Board footera