BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2014 11:36 am  #201

Re: Fanfics from forum members

It really is a wonderful fic!

February 22, 2014 11:36 am  #202

Thank you!

February 22, 2014 8:25 pm  #203

Just updated my fanfic 'Maelstrom' with chapter 6 -

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/299943/TheChimeraSculptress

Comments and reviews always appreciated, thanks.

February 22, 2014 9:28 pm  #204

Really good Teejay, I could picture them both!

I'm clueing for looks

February 22, 2014 9:39 pm  #205

Thanks, Clare!

February 27, 2014 6:50 pm  #206

When I woke up yesterday morning I had this idea for a missing scene from TEH in my head. It wanted to be written so here you are. Hope you like it. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1245187

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2014 7:06 pm  #207

I like that Susi!

I'm clueing for looks

February 27, 2014 7:07 pm  #208

Thank you, clare. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 27, 2014 7:12 pm  #209

SusiGo wrote:

When I woke up yesterday morning I had this idea for a missing scene from TEH in my head. It wanted to be written so here you are. Hope you like it. 

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1245187

That's a good gap-filler, I always wondered what happened between the kebab place and the Look-I'm-Back! montage.

Can I make a more technical suggestion, though? This may just be a me thing, but I personally hate it when people don't put full line breaks in between paragraphs and pieces of dialogue. Seeing a fic posted like that instantly turns me off, and usually I don't make an effort to read it. What I did with yours is copy & paste it into Word, batch-fix the paragraph issues, and then I read it after I had formatted it. It would also help if you put separators between scenes, like a horizontal line or a few asterisks, etc. Makes it so much easier to read.

February 27, 2014 7:16 pm  #210

Thanks for your comment. Personally I have no problem in reading the text and the three scenes are separated from each other. In case anyone else feels turned off, please tell me. 

February 27, 2014 7:17 pm  #211

Hm, but there actually are full line breaks in between the scenes......?
I know what you mean, but I'm fine with this one.

And very well written, I like it very much.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 27, 2014 7:17 pm  #212

Thank you, Mattlocked. 

February 27, 2014 7:22 pm  #213

Brilliant, Susi. Sherlock and Mycroft are absolutely in character, and I love how much is said between the brothers - and how much is left unsaid on purpose.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 27, 2014 7:24 pm  #214

Thank you so much, Schmiezi. 

February 27, 2014 7:28 pm  #215

Yes - the injuries on Sherlock's back - as he didn't complain I almost forgot about them. Your fic reminded me of how painful John's attack in the restaurant must have been for him.
Well done, Susi! Yes, that's quite probable to have happened after John and Mary left.

And btw I didn't have any difficulties in reading it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 27, 2014 7:28 pm  #216

Mattlocked wrote:

Hm, but there actually are full line breaks in between the scenes......?
I know what you mean, but I'm fine with this one.

Well, in that case I guess I mean double line breaks. Looks like it's just a me-thing, then.

February 27, 2014 7:30 pm  #217

tobeornot221b wrote:

Yes - the injuries on Sherlock's back - as he didn't complain I almost forgot about them. Your fic reminded me of how painful John's attack in the restaurant must have been for him.
Well done, Susi! Yes, that's quite probable to have happened after John and Mary left.

And btw I didn't have any difficulties in reading it...

Thank you, Ani. Some time ago someone pointed out the back injuries on tumblr.  And then it popped up in my mind yesterday and the story was there. 

February 27, 2014 7:34 pm  #218

I've read a few fanfics that mentioned it as well, but I wonder just how much time passed between Serbia and the shaving scene. Everything seems to suggest that it wasn't more than a day or two, but it could have been longer. I also think Sherlock might have sustained a cracked rib or two--at the very least deep bruising. I mean, the guy hit him in the ribcage with an iron pipe... John wrangling him around must have been quite painful.

February 27, 2014 7:39 pm  #219

Yes, I think they got him to London quickly as Mycroft needed him there. The injuries are not healed as we clearly see in the shaving scene. But it is in character for Sherlock not to let it show in his encounter with John. 

February 27, 2014 7:46 pm  #220

Yes, totally agree. And you're right, Mycroft would have wanted him in London soon. Kinda forgot about that. Sherlock's groan certainly gives away that he's in pain, so let's assume he's got all those cuts on his back and a bruised and battered ribcage.

Board footera