BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2014 8:45 am  #21

Re: Series 3 DVD content?

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the content of the DVD and the BluRay? Often there is; which really, really annoy me since I can't afford to invest in any new technology

I'm pretty sure there's no difference. What I can say for sure is that the UK Blu-rays have the three episodes and the three featurettes. Nothing more.

February 13, 2014 9:07 am  #22

Well that's good at least! I remember the uproar of the Michael Jackson fans when his This is It DVD and Blu-ray came out and there was so much difference between them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 21, 2014 10:52 pm  #23

I just watched the extras for the first time tonight and they were very good.

I especially liked the one about the Fall because Moffat and Gatiss did basically say that essentially we still might not know how Sherlock survived because he could just be lying...and they cited this other Sherlock Holmes movie that they'd got the inspiration for that aspect from where apparently Holmes is in a locked room surrounded by fire with no way out, and then the next scene he's just there in Baker Street and when Watson asks him how he survives he says "I am known to be indestructable" and that's all you get.

It actually made me feel a lot better about the episode that it wasn't just me thinking I was crazy for not accepting the Anderson explanation. That was sort of, the whole point. You're not necessarily expected to accept it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 16, 2014 4:21 pm  #24

I had a look at the DVD’s case and the disks and want to share some thoughts because I think that the hardware gives us some information in a nutshell about series 3. I’ll just describe a bit of what I see. You may interpret it on your own.
For the first time there is no Sherlock on the disks. John is on one of them and the other one is black with a pepper shaker. No salt shaker.
The disks complete the picture that you can see behind it only if you remove the disks and then you can see the whole picture with Sherlock in it on the left side. If you remove the picture from behind the transparent layer you can see the scene clearly where John sits alone in what looks like a canteen or coffeeshop. Sherlock stands outside and can apparently see John but John is not aware of him, but lost in his mind. John looks sad. Sherlock is there but he seems almost like a ghost because you can’t understand why John doesn’t see him.
The picture as a whole seems to be inspired by Edward Hooper’s paintings e.g. Nighthawk. It creates a certain atmosphere of night and loneliness and lost connection. A feeling of being strange in a changing world.

A little interesting detail is the fact that you  have to push either a cross or a yin/yang symbol to remove the disks.
There is obviously somebody responsible for the concept of the design of the series 3 DVD who put some thoughts into it.

Board footera