BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 20, 2012 4:28 am  #41

Re: New Look

Sounds like you just have a slow machine. Mine used to do that a lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 20, 2012 4:29 am  #42

Have you checked your task manager to see how many things are running? Sounds like you have something eating up a lot of RAM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 20, 2012 4:42 am  #43

Oh & most importantly have you checked for any trojans or malware?

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 20, 2012 4:43 am  #44

Well somehow it's just fixed itself so it might have just been a caching issue. our net here at work is spastic.

Also - Skitty, I don't think I can strongly enough recommend moving away from IE...try Firefox or Chrome...please?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

June 20, 2012 5:23 am  #45

thank you all;;;;I  will deal with it tomorrow.    I'm  too sherlocked to do it tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 21, 2012 3:15 pm  #46

I  just updated to chrome browser but it is asking me to sign in,  what do i sign in WITH?  also  the browser thing doesn't show up on my desktop yet.   but what do  i sign in WITH?  i  don't have a google account.   it  does give me the choice to skip now.   I've left it on  since last nite.   Any  advice?  m0r,  I sent you a PM  about this,  ok?   thanks!!  yes  I'm  still having trouble with the gif files.   BIG  trouble.

If anyone's reading this,  I  just got chrome browser,  and the gif files  seem to be working better.   so---better  viewing,  less frustrations.   I still have a few kinks to iron out.   How dull for me, eh?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 21, 2012 8:53 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 24, 2012 1:03 am  #47

has anyone noticed this about the new look--  you can see the faint outline of a certain face we all know and love,  OR  it's the shape of a tree,  sometimes I just cannot tell.   Any  one noticed this?

I love chrome.   thanks!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 24, 2012 1:04 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 26, 2014 6:13 pm  #48

I'm new here, so maybe this has already been decided...  But the white on grey text is REALLY hard on my eyes.  Would it be possible to include the functionality for the user to switch the appearance to black on white?

Thanks so much. And I love this site!  Thank gods I found it; I was going mad with all this Sherlock in my head and no one to share it with!

July 26, 2014 6:19 pm  #49

If it's possible on this platform another skin would be a great idea... I know it's extra work for the lovely people behind the scenes...

But I love the current one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

July 30, 2014 12:40 pm  #50

I don't think it's actually possible for users to choose different skins....but I know the mobile version of the forum is all white and looks completely different.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 30, 2014 12:47 pm  #51

I like this version. I've seen another forums and they looked much worse.

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

Board footera