BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2014 5:22 pm  #1

Hello from Finland!

I'm a 16-year-old girl from the land of a thousand lakes, or more often called Finland. I've been watching three seasons of Sherlock now, and I simply just love it. I guess the next project will be to start reading the books. Actually I found this forum by mistake when I was looking for an answer to which pill were the poisonus one in A Study in Pink.
I only have some base knowledge (=what I've learned in school) about the English language, so feel free to correct me when I mess up while trying to write some whole sentences. xD

Feelings are chemistry, they disappear.

February 19, 2014 6:12 pm  #2

Re: Hello from Finland!

Welcome, Sigwyn. We are very international here and have lots of members who are no native speakers, including me. I wish you lots of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 19, 2014 6:32 pm  #3

Tervetuloa!!!!
Minä rakastan suomea . Mutta puhun vain hyvin vähän suomea.

And it's always the same about the finnish ;) they always say they do not speak a language well, which they are actually speaking rather good .

Last edited by zeratul (February 19, 2014 6:32 pm)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 19, 2014 7:03 pm  #4

Hej, warm welcome and enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 19, 2014 8:12 pm  #5

Welcome!
May I ask what your name means?

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 19, 2014 9:38 pm  #6

Welcome fellow Finn. Nice to have some more blue and white color in this place. Missäs päin asustelet?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

February 19, 2014 9:46 pm  #7

Welcome Sigwyn!  Lovely to meet you!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 19, 2014 11:12 pm  #8

Welcome to the forum, I hope you have as much fun as we all do here!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 20, 2014 11:42 pm  #9

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good to see you here.,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 21, 2014 4:05 am  #10

Hello Sigwyn!

"Why is it always the hat photograph?!" 

February 21, 2014 6:17 am  #11

Welcome!   Neat name!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 21, 2014 4:17 pm  #12

Lily, as far as I know it doesn't mean anything xD But there's a small story behind it. I have a horse whose name is Sunshine Sigyn. Once I asked my friend to write Sigyns name on her halter and my frien wrote Sunshine Sigwyn. It seems to be hard for Finns to spell her name right. 

Dramagod, Nice to see you too :D Täältä Lahden eteläpuolelta olen kotoisin x)

Feelings are chemistry, they disappear.

February 21, 2014 4:38 pm  #13

Welcome to the forum, I hope you'll find it an enjoyable, happy place to hang out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera