BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 20, 2012 11:07 am  #1

Agent Pendergast novels by Preston/Child

Is anyone following Preston/Child's Agent Pendergast novels? This character, with his freak physiognomy and emotionally detached intellect owes a lot to Sherlock Holmes - now, that I think of it, it might not even be coincedence, that his brother is named Diogenes and had equally stunning intelligence, though he was definitely NOT on the side of the angels. He was the arch villain. He's supposed to be dead -  but nobody is QUITE certain...
Anyway, the last novel finished with an impossible cliffhanger as well.
For awhile the web has been abuzz, who should be casted as Aloysious Pendergast, should they ever make a movie, which is not certain, since there seem to be legal problems. There were many suggestions, Paul Bettany being one of them, but since Sherlock, Ben Cumberbatch's name is coming up more often - he would make a stunning Agent Pendergast. I couldn't think of anyone better suited for the role. Only problem: Pendergast is from Lousianna... so there could be a problem with accents.
The books themselves are like pop corn - lightweight, but once you started, you can't stop eating, lol!

June 20, 2012 1:52 am  #2

Re: Agent Pendergast novels by Preston/Child

sherlocked wrote:

Is anyone following Preston/Child's Agent Pendergast novels?

Hi Sherlocked!  I was just coming on this thread to post about the Agent Pendergast books but you beat me to it.  I totally love the books and him - he is an Uber-Sherlock.  And that crazy family of his!  I would love to see a movie made from these books. "Still Life with Crows" was one of my favorites. I never thought of going out on the web to see what other fans are saying.  (Oh no, just what I need - to get hooked into another fan base).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

Board footera