BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2014 9:41 pm  #2361

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

Great comparison. It was RDJ and Jude Law that brought me back to SH after many years so I have a soft spot for them. (And do they love each other ).

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 18, 2014 9:43 pm  #2362

And here is one of our boys I really like:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 18, 2014 9:43 pm  #2363

Can't help it, but I really, really love the way in which RDJ looks at his John Watson there...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 18, 2014 9:45 pm  #2364

So do I. 

February 18, 2014 9:45 pm  #2365

SusiGo wrote:

And here is one of our boys I really like:

Oh yes...! One of those pics of our boys were you sort of look over their shoulders and see their profile or half-profile... I love those! And of course... first steps to eye sex...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 18, 2014 9:49 pm  #2366

This is not so bad either. 

February 19, 2014 1:35 am  #2367

Tinks wrote:

Russell your pics are lovely - Is the top one an off camera shot? I don't recall that scene?

I think it looks like a manip. I've never seen it before either. Doesn't look real, for what that's worth. Nice idea, though.

February 19, 2014 5:14 am  #2368

SusiGo wrote:

This is not so bad either. 

Ha, that's a great pic to start the working day with. John has got a great look on his face... it's a bit like 'God, Sherlock, I'm realizing just now how brilliant you look again today!'.

February 19, 2014 5:47 am  #2369

Tinks - thanks!  Looks like on set… But…  Re: it being a manip or not manip.   You think?  Hrm… now that I scrutinize it, I see your problem.  Eh, well.  And Susi… love those!  So many of the pics I've posted, I've gone on about their expressiveness, especially Martin's looks in reaction sometimes.  Awesome capture of that.  Here's another I love where they do it again… 

Sherlock:  Sigh.  Here we go.  Hope this works.   John:  W…… T…. H….?
And totally agreeing about the love for the comparisons pic.  Isn't that awesome the creators both did a nearly identical shot?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

February 19, 2014 5:53 am  #2370

Great pic, Russell! When I look at it, all I can think is perfect couple, perfect couple, perfect couple... They look soooo great together...!

As for the identical shot: It almost had to be, I think, because both pairings have such a great chemistry...

February 19, 2014 6:47 am  #2371

That last image of our boys is one where John feels most that Sherlock is an alien.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 19, 2014 7:03 am  #2372

"But then you are the expert on women.." ^^ That scene cracks me up.

February 19, 2014 12:55 pm  #2373

February 19, 2014 1:09 pm  #2374

perfect suits on perfect men...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 19, 2014 6:49 pm  #2375

Heehee…  yeah… he's so used to Sherlock being a certain way, that first SH throws him completely in a surprised loop with the ring, then whiplashed again the other way, probably wondering if he should even be surprised, and the 'did he just???' expression.  Love it. 
Mmm… and looking all intense in their suits.  Nice.  Yay for intense gazes again!   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

February 20, 2014 7:11 pm  #2376

Ah, cool… and just found another similar capture online of a similar b&w look from the boys… pretty!

February 20, 2014 10:56 pm  #2377

Oh wow, that's brilliant, Russell...! The stubborn curl and... and all that... mesmerizing..

February 21, 2014 5:53 am  #2378

Wow... the last 2 pics... simply adorable. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 21, 2014 6:36 am  #2379

Aw, I'm glad!  Yeah, I love captures like that too, with 'strongly looking at something in distance', sometimes with mixed sharpness or color involved.   Or like that wedding shot above, with thoughts caught by something.  Don't remember the second, but the first one, from that slightly-awkward scene on the bench, was great.  Somewhat totally the opposite, the next shot I chanced across online again is much less dignified, much more amusing.  Where you goin', Shezza?   

February 21, 2014 6:43 am  #2380

Aw, the first of your b/w captures gives me so many emotions.. it is just beautiful.

And lol for Shezza, am I imagining things or does John look a little amused in spite of all the "oh my god he is doing dugs again!?!"?

Board footera