BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2014 6:42 pm  #20081

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

Arm...that is all.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 18, 2014 6:50 pm  #20082

On the subject of evil xD!

Such strong hands! Yum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 18, 2014 7:04 pm  #20083

Found another Smaug-video here:

http://londonphile.tumblr.com/

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 18, 2014 7:07 pm  #20084

I have a special relationship with this clip (the "explanation"-clip TeeJay posted), it was the first I really saw of Benedict apart from Sherlock and it made me think "hey, this guy is really really clever and funny". And I was lost ever since.. I cracked up at "Have a cup of tea, dear.". 

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 18, 2014 7:08 pm)

February 18, 2014 7:09 pm  #20085

Anyone in need of a good chuckle?

February 18, 2014 7:23 pm  #20086

LMFAO!! Now that is a face!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 18, 2014 7:55 pm  #20087

Saw some friends today and one of them asked what was happening in Benedict's life, not sure I was supposed to give the detailed answer!!  Little do they know the amount of time spent on here in the name of 'research'!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'i'm in shock, I've got a blanket'

February 18, 2014 8:14 pm  #20088

Look at his lovely little laugh....god he's wonderful. I'm lovesick!

I'm clueing for looks

February 18, 2014 8:22 pm  #20089

OMG I watched that clip last night! My stomach is still sore from so much laughing! 

But he actually does do a good Allan Rickman impression!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 18, 2014 9:20 pm  #20090

ancientsgate wrote:

Edgeucated wrote:

Well,as a professional horserider,I can tell that his seat and posture are exellent. Tho' I don't exactly understand is he trying to do the rising trot or make the horse canter but it doesn't matter.
I'm really glad he likes horses and riding. 

I was taught to keep the heels down, and at anything but the walk, to lean forward a bit to keep my center of gravity forward in the saddle. Also, why is he holding the reins that way?  As a right-handed person, shouldn't they be in his right hand? I always rode Western, as he is here, and was taught to hold the reins in the right hand, with the ends of them trailing off to the left. Admittedly, that was 40 years ago.... maybe horses have changed since then, lol.  But yes, it's nice that he enjoyed learning to ride. I wonder if he has any time to ride anymore. If nothing else, it's a good skill to have in the movie-making biz..

Oh,come on! His seat is pretty fine for a complete amateur,I mean.(of course.heels down is riding 101 but I forgive him here )And riding is all about not slumping forward and giving the horse the impulse with your bum and pelvis.
I've been riding  English style for 20 years and if I hold my reins in one hand,it's always left one (just some quirk of mine,really uncomfortable holding them with my right)
There have been a lot of Q&A's lately,I've always thought that if I had one question I could ask him,I'd ask if he's had any chanche to go horseriding just for pleasure.

February 18, 2014 9:31 pm  #20091

Well despite the moustache (wrong!) he looks masterful here..

I'm clueing for looks

February 18, 2014 9:32 pm  #20092

I'm all up for scruffybatch, but I'm not a fan of the full on moustache, aha!

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 18, 2014 9:38 pm  #20093

ancientsgate wrote:

Tinks wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Aw... this.
How shall I concentrate on work then???

I mean this in the nicest possible way, but he looks a bundle of rags and nervous energy here
It brings to mind someone who never sits still, whose thoughts are always running all over the place!
Still adorable though

I think this is old, just because he has that dreadful blond hair there, so I think that might have been at least 3 or so years back. But anyway, that's how he used to dress before his in-public style changed a couple of years ago (my theory is that he hired a very very very good stylist when he finally started earning some real money).  He used to dress like a hungover college student who threw on his clothes in the dark. Thank god those days are over.

That's the Q&A after Frankenstein. Little bit of it  here:
http://youtu.be/IZKAegTefsA

February 18, 2014 9:45 pm  #20094

The mustache in War Horse just seemed so wrong (right for the part I suppose, but not for his face) I mean it just looked a bit odd with his large cupid's bow (is that what you call it?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 18, 2014 9:51 pm  #20095

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

The mustache in War Horse just seemed so wrong (right for the part I suppose, but not for his face) I mean it just looked a bit odd with his large cupid's bow (is that what you call it?)

Tbh, I think the Atonement moustache was even worse. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 18, 2014 9:51 pm  #20096

His cupids bow is one of my favourite features of his face, and it certainly shouldn't be hidden by a moustache!

February 18, 2014 9:52 pm  #20097

No, he has such a beautiful and unique mouth. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 18, 2014 9:56 pm  #20098

And here a black and white one for the night. 

February 18, 2014 9:59 pm  #20099

How about some steepled fingers?

February 18, 2014 10:01 pm  #20100

TeeJay wrote:

How about some steepled fingers?

I love the concentration in this!

What a beautiful photo to finish the night off with, goodnight ladies!

Board footera