BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2014 10:09 am  #1181

Re: Chit-chat

That is my problem with knitting... My mother tried to teach me a few times; and I did end up knit a Christmas doll in the end... but it's just not my 'thing' and now I can't for the life of me remember how to.

Cross stitch on the other hand is much more me! I just wish I was better at making my own patterns. being a dyscalculic I don't even have the confidence to try... Not even with something as 'simple' as the Union Jack

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 10:11 am  #1182

It will look great, Phantom Lady!

Harriet, yep, that´s my part then, I seriously admire such crazy skills!

February 11, 2014 10:13 am  #1183

Phantom: I know there is software to create stitching patterns. Maybe this could support you?

Last edited by Harriet (February 11, 2014 10:14 am)

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 11, 2014 10:15 am  #1184

Zatoichi wrote:

Harriet, yep, that´s my part then, I seriously admire such crazy skills!

Mine as well! What would they be without us? 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 11, 2014 10:17 am  #1185

That would be fantastic Harriet!

*joins you girls in admiring artists' crazy skills*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 10:20 am  #1186

Have a look around if you find some suited software... you know best what you need 

Speaking of:
http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=3732   

February 11, 2014 10:26 am  #1187

OMFG Those dolls are the cutest thing in the world!

__

Gah, I really want to go on a mission tomorrow... But it's no fun being a detective when you're sick and got no voice at all. Oh well, the mission is still open next week so I'll have my chance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 10:29 am  #1188

I know - our tobe made them 

February 11, 2014 10:30 am  #1189

That is talent! And not only in the craft work itself but the pictures too! Aww!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 9:24 pm  #1190

Zatoichi wrote:

Amazing..
How people can do something like that is beyond me, I made two serious attempts at knitting but ended up bashing needles and wool against the wall both times.  Soo frustrating..

Just like me. My midwife suggested I'd do some knitting in order to relax to avoid further premonitory pains (is that the right term for contractions that come way too early in pregnancy?). Obviously she has never seen my trying to do it, otherwise she would surely NOT advise me to knit! One of the least relaxing things on earth!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

February 12, 2014 7:20 pm  #1191

Bah! I burned the bread for my Eggs Benedict because I was listening to music while cooking... ended up dancing around in my faux fur coat to 'Diamonds are a girls best friend'. 

Good thing the sauce could make up for the most of it and the eggs did come out perfect! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 13, 2014 6:46 am  #1192

Schmiezi wrote:

Zatoichi wrote:

Amazing..
How people can do something like that is beyond me, I made two serious attempts at knitting but ended up bashing needles and wool against the wall both times.  Soo frustrating..

Just like me. My midwife suggested I'd do some knitting in order to relax to avoid further premonitory pains (is that the right term for contractions that come way too early in pregnancy?). Obviously she has never seen my trying to do it, otherwise she would surely NOT advise me to knit! One of the least relaxing things on earth!

Oh Schmiezi, congratulations! And take care, I hope the contractions stop soon! (You probably take magnesium already?) Don´t knit, it is too dangerous for mental balance . My relaxing pastime when I had to lay down during pregnancy was Sudoku and Professor Layton on Nintendo DS.

February 13, 2014 4:59 pm  #1193

I hope you find something to help you relax @Schmiezi!

Gosh, I must have been really into my cross stitch project; I never even noticed I was sat here doing it in the dark suddenly! Lol, what a 23 year old I am; sat here working with cross stitch and watching Heartbeat on the telly... (Hoping the episodes with Benedict come soon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 13, 2014 9:35 pm  #1194

Thank you, Zatoichi and Phantom Lady. My best friend gave me his tablet PC for the next few weeks so I can surf the Internet and visit the forum while lying down. That helps a lot. And thanks to some good friends there is a high supply of DVDs with TV shows and films. 

Did you have to lay down for a long time, Zatoichi?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 13, 2014 10:20 pm  #1195

Visiting the forum sounds like a great pastime.. Do you have to lay down for long? I´m sure Sherlock will keep you entertained!

For me it was the last 4 weeks, one in hospital and three at home. But everything turned out fine, we made it until week 38 which is great for twins.

February 14, 2014 10:45 am  #1196

I'm in week 30 now, so yes, there is quite a bit of sofa time ahead. But then, I have already made it through 4 weeks of lying with only one serious emotional crisis ... ;-)

Week 38 is very good for twins. How old are they now?

Last edited by Schmiezi (February 14, 2014 10:47 am)

February 14, 2014 12:18 pm  #1197

Oh dear, another 10 weeks ahead! Is there a chance you can get up again after some time? But then again, you probably won´t have much time for TV and internet with your new baby, so it´s good to build up stocks.  (There is a reason I missed out on Sherlock until the kids started to go to kindergarten this year..they turned 3 in January.)

February 15, 2014 8:31 am  #1198

The doc said I "only" have to remain on the sofa for another six weeks.  After that, little John-Sherlock is free to be born. So in fact I will be up and running in early April.

Yesterday the midwife allowed me to sit and to get up a bit more often. Feels like heaven already.:-D

February 15, 2014 6:48 pm  #1199

^Aaaw good to hear you can get up a bit more! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy! 

Now I feel all broody again... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 17, 2014 11:11 pm  #1200

Davina wrote:

DramaGod, that sounds just great! Exercise is fantastic for combating depression plus a date (wooooooo!) for Valentine's Day!

Yeah it was great. She cancelled. Then I got another date with another girl in another town and she got the flu couple days earlier and cancelled. So like every single Valentine's in the past thousand years, I spent the "special day" home alone watching the telly by myself. Hope you guys had more romance in the air than I did

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

Board footera