BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2014 10:44 pm  #301

Re: The weather

The weather here in the east of England is crazy-windy-and-rainy again. Sigh. Not a fun night if anyone is out on a Valentine's date.

February 15, 2014 1:10 am  #302

It is blowing a hooley tonight!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2014 12:23 pm  #303

Davina wrote:

It is blowing a hooley tonight!

Just realised you're not far from me, so we kinda share similar weather! Windy again today but at least we have a bit of sun. And it's dry...so far. Sunday is supposed to be a lot better!

Glad to hear that Annie is faring a little better! The head and shoulders intrigued me! 

February 15, 2014 4:30 pm  #304

Head and Shoulders is anti-fungicidal. Now my other horse is lame & poorly! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2014 6:02 pm  #305

Davina wrote:

Head and Shoulders is anti-fungicidal. Now my other horse is lame & poorly!

Winter is so hard, and especially so for the beasts of the field, both wild and domestic. Poor things. My son and his wife have 6 hens, and although they have a nice snug coop for them, with a small heater, and water heater and plenty of feed in supply, there were 5 or 6 nights this winter when they actually brought them inside, closing off their kitchen so they could stay in there and poop on the floor, etc.do their chicken thing until the next AM. It just wasn't safe outside for them, especially when they (the hens, not the people, lol) were molting, and in the middle of the winter! Craziness.

February 15, 2014 6:42 pm  #306

We've got a lot of heavy rain on and off here today; and last night the wind almost blew the window in my mother's attic in and I had trouble sleeping from the noise.

What worries me is that I know this very wind came from England. I can't even start to think what it did over there! I hope people are safe! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2014 7:01 pm  #307

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

TeeJay wrote:

Ormond Sacker wrote:

@Phantom Lady. It's funny what a couple dozen or so of kilometers can do. I live just south of Helsingør and when I said "light drizzle" it was more "the rain drops are so small they'er not really falling, just hanging in the air".

Totally random, insignificant comment, but I've actually been to Helsingør. A friend of mine used to live in Copenhagen (she's back in Germany now), and I made sure I visited her at least once a year. One time we took a train up to Helsingør to visit the castle. Really lovely trip, I have fond memories.

I have been there a few times with my family; especially the castle is a beautiful place! Hamlet's castle! it's one of the more beautiful places here in Denmark!

I just learned that we're getting the aftermath of the English storm tomorrow; we're lucky though as it will have decreased a lot

If either of you ever return you have to visit the new Maritime Museum too, it's really good.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 16, 2014 2:03 pm  #308

A gorgeously sunny and mild(ish) day here in the east of England! And hardly any wind! I hope everyone else has a fab sunny Sunday!!

February 17, 2014 10:46 am  #309

Yesterday was a lovely day. Today not so good but no real rain (yet). 

February 17, 2014 12:17 pm  #310

Davina wrote:

Yesterday was a lovely day. Today not so good but no real rain (yet).

We have sunny spells, hardly any wind, and it isn't too chilly, so I'm happy. We're also having new fence panels put in after our ancient ones finally collapsed, so it's a relief that the weather is ok.

I hope your other horse is feeling better, poor thing. I hate to think of animals suffering. Will you use the same method for her/his leg?

February 19, 2014 12:10 am  #311

Other horse is feeling much better now. Weather hasn't been quite so pants.

February 19, 2014 8:44 am  #312

Aw that's good to hear @Davina!

*Looks out of he window* It seems to be extremely foggy; possibly really cold as well... Brr! Not looking forward to go outside

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 21, 2014 9:48 am  #313

A bit late, but it really is good to hear that the horse i doing better.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 21, 2014 9:58 am  #314

Davina wrote:

Other horse is feeling much better now. Weather hasn't been quite so pants.

Great news!! Give them both tickles behind the ear from me...if they like being tickled behind the ear that is!

And the weather is luvely jubley today! Bootiful sunshine! I'll be spending most of the day planting roses!!

February 21, 2014 11:33 am  #315

Luvely jubley indeed! (You do know most of the rest o 'em will thin we are mad, don't you, Del Boy! ) 

February 21, 2014 12:04 pm  #316

Davina wrote:

Luvely jubley indeed! (You do know most of the rest o 'em will thin we are mad, don't you, Del Boy! ) 

I should also add that it's a perfik day because I love David Jason in 'Darling Buds of May' too! :D

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 21, 2014 12:04 pm)

February 22, 2014 10:55 pm  #317

Aww! That was such a good series. I loved the books well before though. Even more hilarious! 

February 22, 2014 11:23 pm  #318

Davina wrote:

Aww! That was such a good series. I loved the books well before though. Even more hilarious! 

I know! Wasn't it! I love the countryside, and that series had a lovely happy summer feel good factor! I wanted to live with the Larkins!!  Though I'd probably put on two stone enjoying all of Ma Larkin's food! :D

February 23, 2014 11:31 pm  #319

Nothing like a breath of French air! 

February 24, 2014 8:10 am  #320

The sun is back! And it's so lovely and warm.

Spring is surely on it's way!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera