BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2014 10:30 pm  #2801

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

Awesome doodle @TeeJay!

You know you're obsessed when you come down from your mother's attic having spent the night there; wearing a top and a skirt; which is a bit cold... and your mother asks you "Are you wearing any pants today?" ... and all you think of is ASiB and you blush. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 11:33 am  #2802

Haha, probably my favourite scene from that episode! Here's a gratuitous screencap, just because I can.

February 16, 2014 12:47 pm  #2803

Haha yes!! It was such a golden opportunity really! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 4:58 pm  #2804

... you see a postcard in a shop with a quote and the first thing you can think of is the airfield scene with Sherlock and John in HLV.

For those who don't speak German it's something like...
"With you
where (when?) you feel the most
you know least to say"

Btw... I am not a Johnlocker. (???)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 16, 2014 5:00 pm  #2805

When you on a completely non-Sherlock related forum start responding to debates with Sherlock gifs. Granted the opportunity was nearly as golden as the pants one Phantom Lady had, but still.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 16, 2014 5:02 pm  #2806

Beautiful, gently! Even the two chairs are there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

February 16, 2014 5:07 pm  #2807

But isn't it strange? That I see a quote like this and I think of Sherlock first???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 16, 2014 5:10 pm  #2808

@gently it's just a part of being obsessed I guess!

I know I'm obsessed when everytime someone mentiones an Oyster Card I think of Sherlock... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 8:07 pm  #2809

Sherlock is the reason I know what an Oyster Card is!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 16, 2014 11:14 pm  #2810

When you see a pink suitcase in the cellar compartment of your neighbors and your thoughts go directly to ASiP...

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 17, 2014 10:21 am  #2811

You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when you are asked to describe a man in detail 4 days after you met him. And you go 'Hold on, got to go to my Mind Palace for a second'...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 17, 2014 12:27 pm  #2812

You know you´re obsessed with Sherlock when your friend comments on your weight loss and asks how you did it, and you tell her it´s because you´re in love and don´t feel the need to eat or to sleep, and she asks "Who is it??" and you say "Sherlock" and she laughs and says she knew it´d be something silly and doesn´t take you serious but you totally are..

February 17, 2014 12:32 pm  #2813

Zatoichi wrote:

You know you´re obsessed with Sherlock when your friend comments on your weight loss and asks how you did it, and you tell her it´s because you´re in love and don´t feel the need to eat or to sleep, and she asks "Who is it??" and you say "Sherlock" and she laughs and says she knew it´d be something silly and doesn´t take you serious but you totally are..

That has happened to me too! I was so worried for my health for a while; barely eating not really sleeping. Turns out I'm just in love! XD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 17, 2014 12:42 pm  #2814

... you sneak Sherlock references into your daily work life whenever you can. (This is my status message of our instant message program at work.)

Last edited by TeeJay (February 17, 2014 12:42 pm)

February 17, 2014 3:41 pm  #2815

When you see this on the front page of your local newspaper (sorry for repeating from another thread but I just had to!) and you run around the office in front of work colleagues saying "I just need to steal this...."

I'm clueing for looks

February 17, 2014 3:42 pm  #2816

Your husband tells you about an article in the news stating that 1-4 American's believe the sun revolves around the earth and your reply is "but that's primary school stuff."

(I also momentarily bow my head in shame at my country)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 17, 2014 3:44 pm  #2817

I´ve stolen some newspaper to my grandma as well...I was too shy to ask and explain why 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 17, 2014 3:46 pm  #2818

off topic to tonnaree: do not be ashamed. I think the same amount of idiots can be found in every single country. I´m really upset when anybody´s saying Americans are stupid. hate this generalizing thing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 17, 2014 6:09 pm  #2819

Generalization is one of the worst things! Every country has their idiots and geniuses!

You know you're obssed with Sherlock when you come across a (bad sorry) old cosplay photo of yourself and it has a whole new meaning...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 17, 2014 7:50 pm  #2820

Brilliant Phantom!!

I'm clueing for looks

Board footera