BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 19, 2012 2:56 am  #1

No blatant advertising please

WE are a fan site, this is our little corner of the internet to join together & discuss all things Sherlock & other things that take our interest.
We are NOT interested in having anyone's wares advertised continuously across pages. We are not interested in links to sites that have the sole purpose of making money and we are not interested in buying whatever you have where this has been your sole purpose for being here.

We are not naive, we do have resources to help us check members out and we will not allow blatant or concealed peddling of anyone's wares.

Ebay has a lovely little site, I am sure you will feel much more comfortable there. As with all sites online,  this site will not suit everyone's agenda.

To be blunt:
IF YOU CONTINUE WE WILL TURN YOU INTO SHOES.

Thank you for your attention
LATERZ.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:13 am  #2

Re: No blatant advertising please

I lecture in confronting online marketing and could, for a very modest fee, train yourself, Davina and SH up and give you the skills to hone your ability to detect and desist these modern snake-oil salespeople with my ten-step action plan.

In all seriousness though Kazza - I think you've got all of our backs when it comes to this kinda thing, so a big thank you for doing what you do!

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 19, 2012 3:18 am  #3

Trust me, I've kept you in mind with these types of matters many times my friend.

I just knew this would be right up your alley.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 3:29 am  #4

That's very much appreciated Kazza. Thank you

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

June 19, 2012 5:25 am  #5

Surely the only things we would be interested in buying would be the scripts to series 3 of Sherlock, or perhaps Moftiss's private email communications to each other 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 19, 2012 5:26 am  #6

That made me laugh m0r. I like a bit of subtle humour as you know.

Love the post Kazza.

Please note advertisers...WE SHALL TURN YOU INTO SHOES AND THEN BURN YOU TO A CRISP!

CATCH YOU LATER!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2012 6:37 am  #7

Thank you very much, Kazza. This kind of people makes me sick.

Maybe we can sssssssssssssssskin them too

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 19, 2012 10:20 am  #8

Does this include posting links to tumblr, Youtube etc. where people can hear your music? Because I've never made a single penny with my songs, and I dont' get a single penny if someone listen to my songs on those sites, I just post them for people to listen to the music.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

June 19, 2012 10:28 am  #9

No Drama. We're concerned about commercial enterprises. Where bulk sales of an item could occur.
At this stage, anyone can  join our forum & are quite welcome to do so . However if they have only joined to push their products, we're not interested.
With sales, one thing can lead to another and suddenly we'll find that members are being ripped off / conned and we don't want this site to become a catalyst for those types of things.
Already we have had someone from an Asian country trying to sell guns, passing them off as family heirlooms etc, and a few others.
The Asian one alerted me; as anyone can see our boards, bots can also do so & they troll the web for certain words. That day we had been discussing guns.

Everyone should be vigilant on any site, these things are allowed elsewhere, we won't allow it here& so we are cautious.

Links to music etc are fine; but if you suddenly make a million, remember I'd love to visit you someday.

he he he

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 10:35 am  #10

Jolly good then. Well if I ever happen get that sudden million, I'll visit you in the land down-under so you save the flight expenses. Besides, I've always wanted to see a kenguru and a koala bear up, close and personal. But there's got to be a shrimp on the barbey waiting for me at the airport.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 19, 2012 10:36 am)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 19, 2012 10:38 am  #11

LMAO; you've been watching too many adverts.

BUt definitely I will go out & catch the prawns (shrimps) myself for the BBQ.
Koalas pee on you & scratch heaps, pesky things & roos, well we can find plenty on the side of the road if we travel down a highway.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 19, 2012 10:48 am  #12

You're wrong. I've not been watching too many adverts. I've been watching too many movies. If a koala were to pee on me, I'll pee back. It would be peeback time (I can't believe I just made up a pun!). And if you happen to know Radha Mitchell personally, I'd love to meet her. She fine.

But I've taken this topic off-topic enough. Please do continue.

Last edited by Dramagod (June 19, 2012 10:50 am)

June 19, 2012 11:07 am  #13

And it's OK if you're selling something Sherlock related, because that's something we might all be interested in...but then again, it wouldn't be OK if someone came on here ONLY to advertise their Sherlock related product, and didn't contribute to any other section of the forum.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 19, 2012 12:27 pm  #14

Davina wrote:

That made me laugh m0r. I like a bit of subtle humour as you know.

Love the post Kazza.

Please note advertisers...WE SHALL TURN YOU INTO SHOES AND THEN BURN YOU TO A CRISP!

CATCH YOU LATER!

Or, alternatively, we'll turn you into shoes and sic the puppy on you. So there.

June 19, 2012 1:19 pm  #15

It will indeed be Peeback Time. Good one Dramagod.

If you drive fast enough here you can find hedgehogs and rabbits in the road too...oh...and pheasants (not peasants...because that's illegal).

Good idea Ancientsgate! I have a Springer Spaniel who LOVES eating shoes too.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 19, 2012 3:55 pm  #16

Dramagod wrote:

Does this include posting links to tumblr, Youtube etc. where people can hear your music? Because I've never made a single penny with my songs, and I dont' get a single penny if someone listen to my songs on those sites, I just post them for people to listen to the music.

Cool send me the link so I can listen!

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 19, 2012 5:23 pm  #17

Ah, yes, thank you for that thread

Someone tried to sell guns here? WTF?

June 19, 2012 6:32 pm  #18

Sadly, it is true Sammy.

June 19, 2012 6:46 pm  #19

I'm not sure what brought this one -- was it the gun thing -- but thanks for having our backs, kazaa474.

June 20, 2012 8:42 pm  #20

Davina wrote:

Sadly, it is true Sammy.

Wow, that is completely weird.
Why would anyone get this idea...

So: If you're only here to try to sell stuff to us - piss off!
If you want to talk about Sherlock with us... have a seat and get comfortable, the tea will be ready soon

Board footera