BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 13, 2014 8:52 pm  #981

Re: Free Rants

Oh I have those all of the time!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 13, 2014 9:37 pm  #982

So do I! Gah! 

Funilly, my fridge sometimes seems to notice and starts throwing chocolate at me when I open it... I do love that fridge! 

I need a little rant, again I know, sorry! 

I had a feeling for a bit, and now after watching Benedict in Vincent, Painted with Words... I realized my mental health is failing me again... I don't want this to happen! *deep breaths* I can work through it though, I'm sure I can! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2014 4:32 pm  #983

Arggggggh! HORSES! That is all.

And yes, please someone throw some chocolate at me PLEEEEEEASE!

A guy I know posted this on Facebook the other day: If a woman is upset, hold her and tell her how beautiful she is. If she starts to growl, retreat to a safe distance and throw chocolate at her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 15, 2014 5:49 pm  #984

What kind of chocolate would you like, Davina? 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 15, 2014 6:44 pm  #985

Davina wrote:

If a woman is upset, hold her and tell her how beautiful she is. If she starts to growl, retreat to a safe distance and throw chocolate at her.

That has been one of my favourite qoutes for a while!!

If anyone wants I've got some Guinness Chocolate? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2014 6:50 pm  #986

Well, in the future, I will do this will all the ladies 

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

February 15, 2014 7:37 pm  #987

BAH!

I had looked forward to watching Glee tonight... just relax with a nice cup of tea and maybe a tiny bit of chocolate perhaps. But now it's belayed and they don't know how long... all because of the Winter Olympics in Russia; which I am completely boycotting... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 7:16 am  #988

Any chocolate will do, although my favourite is dark bitter chocolate and I'm not a fan of white chocolate.

Such a stressful day yesterday. Went to see lame horse, she is at friends who compete her. Swollen leg up towards her knee.  Cold hosed for 20 minutes. Also noticed a weird crack in her hoof. Bandaged leg. Spoke to the riders mum saying that need vet as I think it might be cellulitis. Vet comes 2 hours later. Yes it is cellulitis. The bacteria have entered through a tiny rub from her boots where the skin was slightly compromised. So...mega antibiotics including penicillin, injected, plus steroid injected,plus bute (painkiller/anti-inflammatory injected. Leg in big old bandage. Box rest. She's got to have a shot of antibiotics again today. Vet back on Monday. Hopefully leg won't be as swollen. Once that is sorted then we need to sort the white line disease that she has in her hoof! That the farrier has somehow (god knows how) managed to miss!  It has compromised her hoof wall!

To add: this is the same horse who managed to rear up last week, hit her head on the gutter of the stables and ended up with 7 staples in her head from my vet. I have already put a claim into my insurance company for this but have paid up front myself already.

Even more complicated: my friends called their vet this time (he is especially good with legs and feet) and now he has to suck up to my vet as to why he was called in and not my vet. I am also going to have to explain why to my insurance company. Plus i expect my vet to have the hump with me as well. For God's sake why is nothing ever straightforward.

And the bill? Well the call out fee at the weekend (of course this had to be the weekend!) is £100 for starters. Thank goodness I have insurance for her but I still have a £135 excess to pay first!

PASS THE CHOCOLATE!  PLEASE! Wine wouldn't be refused either!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 16, 2014 7:26 am  #989

Oh no! I am so, so sorry to hear about your horse being in such a state; I really hope the antibiotics does their work! 

Vets are incredibly expensive it's ridiciulous if you ask me! I'm hoping the insurance is paid up! 

*throws dark chocolate filled with marzipan and white wine* 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 16, 2014 8:09 am  #990

Oo thank you! I think that is the third thing for poor horsey now so (not that I am superstitious or anything) I am hoping that is it now. Keeping my rings crossed and touching wood!  I've never met a poor vet!

February 16, 2014 10:31 am  #991

Davina wrote:

Oo thank you! I think that is the third thing for poor horsey now so (not that I am superstitious or anything) I am hoping that is it now. Keeping my rings crossed and touching wood! I've never met a poor vet!

I'm starting to think that I decided to treat the wrong species. lol
Fingers crossed for the horse. I hope antibiotics will do the trick.

Passes more chocolate.

February 16, 2014 5:04 pm  #992

Davina, maybe you would like to try some of the dark one with candied violets? My favourite at the moment 

February 16, 2014 7:51 pm  #993

I am done with this country.

The giraffe was one thing... Now a Sperm Whale has died on a beach here; and another is stranded... what do people do? take their kids and crawl up on the dead whale to stand on it and take pictures. It hasn't even gone cold yet!

That's it. I'm resigning my citizenship

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 17, 2014 10:05 am  #994

I might be one of the few people who actually does not feel that bad about the giraffe, but I agree with you on the whale.
When I saw it on the news yesterday I was hoping the entire time that it would roll over and crush the idiots. Either that or the reason it died was some nasty infection that they caught when crawling on it. The whole scene made me want to dance on their graves. Wonder how that would make them feel?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 17, 2014 10:12 am  #995

Few things can make me feel like what you are describing; but this does! I have always loved whales but no matter what animal it is; you do NOT stand on it! I am pretty sure whales feel deeply (I might be romanticing here...) but imagine the other whale seeing that!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 20, 2014 7:54 am  #996

Note to self: Back trauma is not fun.

Three days ago I managed to get myself kicked in the back at around the area where our loveable organs called kidneys are located (the circumstances of said kick will never be disclosed); anyway Saturn thinking: "I'm young; not even thirty yet; no big deal". 

Three days of back pain later and Saturn has come to realise that back pain is a big deal regardless of age. Today marks the first day that I can finally bendover = is still painful but movement is not limited like it was before.

Saturn hoping that back will cease to be painful within a week. If not; me will go find one of those sports bandages and stick it on.

February 20, 2014 8:14 am  #997

Ouch that sounds horrible @Saturn! Have you had it checked out? It sounds really serious!

I hope you feel better soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 20, 2014 8:48 pm  #998

Trolls are bad. I hope you'll get rid of that person. Don't let them spoil the fun for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

February 20, 2014 9:09 pm  #999

Trolls are so annoying to deal with! Sadly there will always be people who are bored and annoying enough to do things like that. They ought to get a hobby! Goodness knows I've dealt with a lot of trolls in my time; I've been moderating MJ fan boards since 2006... ugh; I hope you don't let it get to you too much! Don't let someone like that win! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 20, 2014 11:55 pm  #1000

Swanpride I would definitely change your Wordpress blog so that you have prior approval set up for any comments. Some folk are just deliberately provocative. Don't rise to them.

Board footera