BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 14, 2014 5:54 pm  #19301

Re: Favourite Sherlock/Benedict pictures

He does look thinner, if that's even possible. I just hope he's getting enough rest. I read before that he rarely takes a break between work, because he thrives on work. Kinda like Sherlock himself?

February 14, 2014 5:57 pm  #19302

yes. he seems to be married to it....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 14, 2014 6:41 pm  #19303

Those in the know will know why I've put this here. LOL

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

February 14, 2014 6:47 pm  #19304

I've said before that he sometimes looks worryingly thin - I've seen him look thinner than he does now, though, and while he's definitely very slim, those pics where he's sitting down show that his legs are very muscular (is it inappropriate to notice that? ) - so maybe he's been working out for a role?

Last edited by Tinks (February 14, 2014 6:47 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 14, 2014 6:48 pm  #19305

SolarSystem wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

He got ten years younger within one or two days. Must be a magic trick. 

Ha, funny, I read exactly the same thing on some blog this afternoon. He does look younger indeed, but I couldn't say if that also makes him look better... the pics from the last few days were all brilliant, he looked so gorgeous in that dark-blue jumper he wore at the Convention... Maybe he had the chance to have a good night's rest somewhere in-between.

Nah. He's too young to look better just because he actually slept. I imagine Hugo Boss has some kick-ass hair and make-up stylists, and I would expect the lighting to be first rate as well. I've heard it said (not sure if it was BC or MF, but I want to say it was Martin) that in his opinion, it's the lighing technicians who should get an Oscar, right alongside the actors, lol. Without good lighting, all those glorious beings would look just like the rest of us.

February 14, 2014 6:50 pm  #19306

SolarSystem wrote:

But he looks really, really slim, don't you think...?

Always. He's a true ectomorph, as apparently his father is as well.  Lucky guys.

February 14, 2014 6:56 pm  #19307

I think he looks younger with his hair that colour and with it framing his face more, instead of slicked back.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 14, 2014 7:21 pm  #19308

Tinks wrote:

I think he looks younger with his hair that colour and with it framing his face more, instead of slicked back.

But we haven't seen him with his hair slicked back in quite a while now... since he did the promotion for STID, really.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 14, 2014 7:32 pm  #19309

SolarSystem wrote:

Tinks wrote:

But we haven't seen him with his hair slicked back in quite a while now... since he did the promotion for STID, really.

He had it slightly more off his face at the Apple event, I think?
I actually think he's filled out ever so slightly too - still slim but not so gaunt in the face as sometimes he is.
But I don't think he just looks younger in a couple of days anyway - I think I posted last week that he's looking younger, happier and relaxed lately
Long May it continue too

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 14, 2014 8:05 pm  #19310

I think the only time he looked too thin (IMO) is for Third Star - but that was obviously for the role. I think he's perfect just the way he is now.

I could go on about him for hours, that's ssssooooooo worrying!

I'm clueing for looks

February 14, 2014 8:50 pm  #19311

I'm getting a bit worried about myself, too 
I thought he got too thin after STID, to be honest - but anyway, he looks fab at the moment

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 14, 2014 9:14 pm  #19312

I´m wondering,when he did give his sweets to the audience at the Elementary event,saying that he's on a diet,was he being serious? What he's going to lose from his nonexisting body? Is it for the next role? I really hope he doesn't hurt himself with his dedication.

February 14, 2014 9:22 pm  #19313

I'm back!

It did worry me a little when he said he was on a diet, like you've all picked upon, what's is there for him to have to lose? He. Is. Perfect.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 14, 2014 10:01 pm  #19314

I said this at the time but others pointed out that he might be on a diet to build muscle for a role?
As I said earlier , you can see the muscle tone in his legs when he's sitting down in those BAFTANY pics, so this could be correct.
I've seen pics of him when he's way too thin - even for a naturally slim guy, and it does show in his face when he's slightly underweight, imo, but I think at the moment he looks OK.

Last edited by Tinks (February 14, 2014 10:02 pm)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

February 14, 2014 10:07 pm  #19315

Oooh,he definately looks ok!

February 14, 2014 11:28 pm  #19316

I didn't see him as too thin personally.

Gosh I needed this thread! I've spent the evening with my mother... i accidentally mentioned Benedict and She had to tell med "He looks gross". At least it's better than the reverse... imagine conversations like those in here with your own mother??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 14, 2014 11:47 pm  #19317

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

Gosh I needed this thread! I've spent the evening with my mother... i accidentally mentioned Benedict and She had to tell med "He looks gross". At least it's better than the reverse... imagine conversations like those in here with your own mother??

My mother would more than likely remind me that technicaly I'm old enough to be Ben's mother.

Just call me a Cougar.  *roar*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 15, 2014 12:10 am  #19318

For Science!

VS

You're welcome.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 15, 2014 12:18 am  #19319

My mother told me Ben would look similar too an ex-boyfriend of mine - 11 years ago. I'm not quite sure if he is right... At least he is only 2 years younger than Ben and half irish... lol ;).

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 15, 2014 12:20 am  #19320

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

My Mother and I once had the same crush.
It was very weird!
Trust me, it's not a bad thing that your Mum doesn't "get" him:D
(Although , have you shown her any of these pics? Because seriously, I don't know how anyone could be immune to how lovely he is!!)

"And in the end,
The Love you take
                                             The Beatles

Board footera