BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 11, 2014 6:00 am  #2781

Re: You know you're obsessed with Sherlock when...

When even totally innocent words like "tube" or "General Practitioner" make you think of Sherlock while reading English magazines.

February 11, 2014 9:10 am  #2782

Also when you have a sore throat and people still try to talk to you; so you show them the blue scarf around your neck and go 'Look I've got a scarf on!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 10:58 am  #2783

When it's got to the point where one of my teachers at college call me Sherlock, because they are aware of my obsessiom..

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 11, 2014 11:24 am  #2784

When you are looking at the brochure of a supermarket, where is a picture of hands holding an apple with a heart cut out of it... (similar to this http://us.123rf.com/450wm/rakratchada/rakratchada1208/rakratchada120800077/14967922-hand-und-apfel-mit-herz-form-auf-weissem-hintergrund.jpg) and you instantly think of the I O U apple...

Last edited by zeratul (February 11, 2014 11:25 am)

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 11, 2014 11:31 am  #2785

When almost every song you listen to remind you of Sherlock...

like 'Rocket Brothers' by Kashmir...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 11, 2014 4:39 pm  #2786

When you try and dramatically remove yoir scarf like Sherlock.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 11, 2014 7:17 pm  #2787

besleybean wrote:

When you try and dramatically remove yoir scarf like Sherlock.

Yes, I subconsciously do this.. also put my jacket on in his very own "effective" way.. and I become a bit careless about people´s feelings.. that´s worrisome. I fear for my female charms..

February 12, 2014 11:10 am  #2788

...you're jealous of your sister because she watches all SHERLOCK episodes right now and you have to learn for school but instead spending time on this forum.

Last edited by Clara's sister (February 12, 2014 11:10 am)

Alone is what I have. Alone protects me.

February 12, 2014 11:40 am  #2789

When you scare the heck out of a guy in an online chatroom by asking him "Where in Canada?" before either of you have talked about locations... just because you deduced he was nice and not rude at all. 

I think I scarred him for life... and yes, I was right he was Canadian 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 12:24 pm  #2790

hahahaha ;)
but you are right, I have been in Toronto last summer, I was standing in the way of a underground-exit (didn't realize it was one because it was in a building) and some guy wanted to pass and apologised to ME ^^ reminds me very much of the scenes about Canada in HIMYM...

February 12, 2014 2:24 pm  #2791

... when you quote Sherlock whenever possible, even if you're aware that no one but you will notice unless you specifically add "To once again quote Sherlock..."

February 12, 2014 3:40 pm  #2792

zeratul wrote:

hahahaha ;)
but you are right, I have been in Toronto last summer, I was standing in the way of a underground-exit (didn't realize it was one because it was in a building) and some guy wanted to pass and apologised to ME ^^ reminds me very much of the scenes about Canada in HIMYM...

I LOVE Canadians, With Brits and Irish men they are my favourite guys... my ex online-boyfriend was Canadian (not the one I scared) They are so incredibly polite and selfless! 

---

You also know you are obsessed with Sherlock when you have watched all 9 episodes 3 times in 7 days... Ooops

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 6:21 pm  #2793

For those of you following the saga, an update on my Sherlock shrine in my work's locker.
I eventually had to cut out all of the Sherlock cast individually.
I have also separated Moriarty from the others.
He was the chief culprit.
He kept falling down and pulling all of the others with him, so I would find them all on top of each other!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 12, 2014 9:00 pm  #2794

You have to be obsessed with Sherlock when you search for pictures of testtubes and vials and suddenly get a hotflash thinking about Sherlock. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 14, 2014 12:31 pm  #2795

..you get such a serious withdrawal after one morning in the mall without internet or TV that you have to search the stores for Sherlock-DVDs just so you can look at the cover *headdesk*.

Last edited by Zatoichi (February 14, 2014 12:34 pm)

February 14, 2014 12:50 pm  #2796

... you're asked by a colleague whether you can lend her your series 3 Blu-rays, and while you say yes, on the inside you're screaming, "No, no, no, I can't give them up, I need to be able to get my Sherlock fix in full HD whenever I want!!!"

(Probably a good thing I ripped them to my hard drive, then.)

Last edited by TeeJay (February 14, 2014 12:51 pm)

February 14, 2014 7:45 pm  #2797

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

zeratul wrote:

hahahaha ;)

I LOVE Canadians, With Brits and Irish men they are my favourite guys... my ex online-boyfriend was Canadian (not the one I scared) They are so incredibly polite and selfless!

I love finnish guys ;).

February 15, 2014 12:44 am  #2798

I find Finnish guys have a great sense of humour!

You know you're obsessed when you actually consider watching all The episodes in reverse chronological order

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 15, 2014 12:51 am  #2799

... when the doodles you draw during borderline boring telephone conferences at work are decidedly Sherlock related.

February 15, 2014 12:58 am  #2800

Agree : Irish, Canadian, Brit although I might have to add Dutch, Italian and Swedish...etc....etc...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera