BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 5, 2014 10:28 pm  #1

Sherlock Doll Sculpt WIP

I started work on my Sherlock doll. The head ended up far bigger than I intended (2 inches) so it's going to be a large doll!

Link to the baked head (before paint, detail, and hair etc) -

http://forestina-fotos.deviantart.com/art/OOAK-Sherlock-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Doll-WIP-432066670?ga_submit_new=10%253A1391638918&ga_type=edit&ga_changes=1&ga_recent=1

The likeness isn't too bad. Not perfect, plenty of flaws, but overall I'm pleased with my first attempt.
It will hopefully improve with painted detail and hair!!!

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 7, 2014 9:51 pm)

February 7, 2014 10:24 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Doll Sculpt WIP

I've progressed a bit further.

Given him hair - which was a bugger to style and I'm still not happy with it.
Added paint to face but his eyes still need lots of work, and I wish I hadn't put gloss on his lips now. I'll try to tone it down.

I've since made his soft body (poseable), given him trousers. HIs shoes and gloved hands are baking in the oven. I need to add them and then make his shirt and infamous coat!

The next pic I post will be the finished doll. I think I might also make him his armchair to sit in!

February 13, 2014 2:35 pm  #3

I finished my Sherlock doll! He's 14 inches tall and can be posed to sit, stand, you can bend his arms, legs and torso.

He's nothing brilliant but I had fun making him. I can't sew to save my life so the clothes were a struggle but I would really appreciate some feedback, thanks.

Because the collage of pics is rather large here is a link. If you click on the smaller sized collage it will increase to full size -

http://forestina-fotos.deviantart.com/art/OOAK-Sherlock-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Doll-433786492?ga_submit_new=10%253A1392301865

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 13, 2014 2:36 pm)

February 13, 2014 3:57 pm  #4

That is such a beautiful doll you have made there! Whoa! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 13, 2014 5:06 pm  #5

Wow, thats amazing! I would never have the patience to do something like this!

Last edited by rebeccaholmes (February 13, 2014 5:06 pm)

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 13, 2014 9:36 pm  #6

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

That is such a beautiful doll you have made there! Whoa! 

Thank you so much!  I really enjoyed making him. I usually sculpt fairies so he made a refreshing change! I'd still really love to buy one of the proper Sherlock dolls but they are so much money.

February 13, 2014 11:02 pm  #7

rebeccaholmes wrote:

Wow, thats amazing! I would never have the patience to do something like this!

Thanks very much!
Ironically, the coat was much harder than his face! But then I can't sew!

February 14, 2014 7:56 am  #8

This is a little 'sad' of me- ha ha- but I made a very primitive video of my Sherlock doll -

February 14, 2014 8:13 am  #9

He really looks amazing sitting there so cool with his cheekbones and his collar turned up! Great job. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 14, 2014 12:15 pm  #10

SusiGo wrote:

He really looks amazing sitting there so cool with his cheekbones and his collar turned up! Great job. 

Thanks so much!  Yeah, he sits there and stares down at me while I type!

Board footera