BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 4, 2013 9:29 pm  #141

Re: What makes you unique?

Oh, synaesthesia! That is really interesting. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

November 18, 2013 10:02 pm  #142

I taught myself two foreign langauges (Japanese and ASL).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"You're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn't clap yet. Because making something disappear isn't enough; you have to bring it back." -- The Prestige

"Just one more thing, one more thing, one more miracle, Sherlock, for me, don’t be … dead. Would you do that just for me?" -- John (s2e3)

February 6, 2014 4:24 pm  #143

The only thing I can think of that would make me unique...

Well, before I got married, both my first name and surname were unusual. My surname more than my first name though. My brother-in-law, obsessed with researching family trees, said that my old name was probably the only one in the world at the time. Don't know how true that would be though!

February 6, 2014 4:35 pm  #144

That's a hard one for me... I never really felt like I was a normal person.

Maybe the thing that makes me unique is the fact that I'm a bit of a punk/alternative chick who happens to collect Hello Kitty. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 6:03 pm  #145

This is a really difficult question ... What makes me unique?
Maybe the answer is that I'm me.
Every single human on this Earth is unique because there is no other one who behaves, who acts like you. Who has the same skills. The whole combination of everything that makes you yourself is unique.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

February 7, 2014 1:33 pm  #146

I've just thought of another thing which makes me a bit unique...I realised it when I was answering a question about Sherlock ringtones...

I don't own a mobile phone! Hubby and I have a mobile for emergencies only when travelling in the car.

Neither do I own a TV! I haven't had a TV for about 10 years. I watch DVD's on my laptop. And watched Sherlock via iplayer when it first aired (though I couldn't watch it straight away due to not owning a TV license).

February 7, 2014 1:43 pm  #147

@SpiralStaircase: I know two families who have no television, too - they can live very good without it.

♥ I AM SHERLOCKED ♥
                                                              and I ship Johnlock harder than Mrs. Hudson ;-)

February 7, 2014 1:56 pm  #148

sherlocked4ever wrote:

@SpiralStaircase: I know two families who have no television, too - they can live very good without it.

My sister thinks I'm insane but you really do get used to it, and you don't waste time watching rubbish TV. Everything you watch you really want to watch.  Now I just procrastinate on the internet!!!  I also have a lot of hobbies that keep me very busy - writing, sculpting, photography, gardening, reading...

Last edited by SpiralStaircase (February 7, 2014 1:56 pm)

February 8, 2014 5:09 pm  #149

I'm actually considering ending my relationship with my TV-company... there is never anything on and I always end up watching a DVD instead... It is starting to feel like a great waste of time.

To be fair; had I not had my TV I wouldn't have watched Sherlock... But still... I can barely pay my rent and here I am paying for a TV license with nothing to watch!

I know my family in Switzerland do very well without a TV; I don't think they ever owned one. 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 8, 2014 5:11 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 6:51 pm  #150

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

I'm actually considering ending my relationship with my TV-company... there is never anything on and I always end up watching a DVD instead... It is starting to feel like a great waste of time.

To be fair; had I not had my TV I wouldn't have watched Sherlock... But still... I can barely pay my rent and here I am paying for a TV license with nothing to watch!

I know my family in Switzerland do very well without a TV; I don't think they ever owned one. 

I didn't need a TV to watch Sherlock. I watched it on BBCiplayer. I couldn't watch it live, however, but I just waited an hour after it aired live and then watched it. 
Like I said, I haven't had a TV for about 10 years. and you really don't miss it after a while.

February 12, 2014 7:12 pm  #151

SpiralStaircase wrote:

I didn't need a TV to watch Sherlock. I watched it on BBCiplayer. I couldn't watch it live, however, but I just waited an hour after it aired live and then watched it. 
Like I said, I haven't had a TV for about 10 years. and you really don't miss it after a while.

What I meant was that I wouldn't have thought about watching Sherlock at all, had I not had my TV... it's the only good thing to come from it, lol! But I will give this some thought... I have always had a TV in my bedroom since I was a little kid, it's such a part of my routine now. But I do still feel I am throwing my money out of the window. Especially now when there's so much olympics on every screen... and I'm not watching any of it out of principle... 

I don't really talk much about this, but I guess I am also unique because I have some psychic abilities. I have tried to hide them and forget about them lately because; well sometimes its a bit annoying I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 7:58 pm  #152

What makes me unique? Hmm...

I'm a massive fan of classical music, which is something that you wouldn't expect from me if you met me, but I have a very good musical ear, seeing as I've been surrounded by music since I was little.
I've grown up to teach myself to play the piano, guitar and flute.

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 12, 2014 8:10 pm  #153

rebeccaholmes wrote:

What makes me unique? Hmm...

I'm a massive fan of classical music, which is something that you wouldn't expect from me if you met me, but I have a very good musical ear, seeing as I've been surrounded by music since I was little.
I've grown up to teach myself to play the piano, guitar and flute.

I am so jealous of you! I have so much respect for people who can play an instrument! I sadly can't... another thing that makes me unique is also that I'm dyscalculic and part of that makes me unable to understand and play an instrument.

I wanted to play the violin, I still want to... as a little girl I had this plastic guitar and a plastic tube thing and I would pretend it was a violin... 

But at least I can greatly appreciate others playing it. The violin is always my favourite part of any classical piece. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 8:18 pm  #154

It makes me sad that you're unable to learn an instrument

“Because I’m desperate, that’s why. Because Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one.”

February 12, 2014 8:19 pm  #155

Oh, another thing that makes me uniqure, I think, is that I can only read when the writing is in white, and the background is black. 

Rather strange, aha.

February 12, 2014 8:26 pm  #156

rebeccaholmes wrote:

It makes me sad that you're unable to learn an instrument

Aw! Don't be! I've come to terms with it, and I still have my writing and cross stitch... At least now I know it's because I am dyscalculic and not that I'm just too stupid... 

But I can still appreciate listening to and watching others. To me there is no better trait than being musical! 

And maybe one day I can find someone who can find a way to teach me! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 12, 2014 8:40 pm  #157

I hope one day you do have the opportunity, because it would be beautiful knowing you can do after all!

February 12, 2014 8:48 pm  #158

[
What I meant was that I wouldn't have thought about watching Sherlock at all, had I not had my TV... it's the only good thing to come from it, lol! But I will give this some thought... I have always had a TV in my bedroom since I was a little kid, it's such a part of my routine now. But I do still feel I am throwing my money out of the window. Especially now when there's so much olympics on every screen... and I'm not watching any of it out of principle... 

Ah, right. Sorry.  Yes, I see what you mean. Actually, it makes me wonder how I first got to know about Sherlock, because I didn't have a TV when it first aired. Word of mouth, I guess.

March 3, 2014 10:45 pm  #159

Some say my friends make me unique... my group of friends consits of alternative people... one is very gothic, one is very Christian, one is very pagan, there's the model-ish chick...

I personally don't care who you are on the outside,,, it's whats on the inside that count and wether or not you can stand being around me.

Also I guess my sexuality seem to make me 'unique' too... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

March 3, 2014 10:59 pm  #160

Don't know if this makes me unique or not...but my name was changed five times before I turned four and then I ended up with a name that I don't think I've heard of anyone else ever having: Pritt. Weird, I know.

---------------------
"I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room."

Board footera