BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2012 9:23 pm  #41

Re: MEMBERS POLL: What's your age?

One of the reasons I don't register with a lot of forums is that I feel old and decrepit at the age of 36.  It's great to see such a mix of ages here.

June 18, 2012 9:52 pm  #42

Sammy wrote:

That just proves that you can swoon over a certain detective at any age

And, awww, Molly, you're so cute!
(Sorry, I just "awwwed" at you .___.)

That's OK, I'm used to it now!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 19, 2012 6:14 pm  #43

Molly Hooper wrote:

Sammy wrote:

That just proves that you can swoon over a certain detective at any age

And, awww, Molly, you're so cute!
(Sorry, I just "awwwed" at you .___.)

That's OK, I'm used to it now!!

Haha, good  (And that is NOT a smiley which indicates axe-murdering.)

Go first bar! We're catching up!

June 19, 2012 6:47 pm  #44

Sammy wrote:

Haha, good  (And that is NOT a smiley which indicates axe-murdering.)

Go first bar! We're catching up!

Oh, phew, for a second there I was really suspecting something...
Yes, come on Youngies!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 21, 2012 11:25 pm  #45

I'm 28 .

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Sherlock: "I need to get some air, we're going out tonight."
John: "Actually, I've uh, got a date."
Sherlock: "What?"
John: "It's where two people who like each other go out and have fun."
Sherlock: "That's what I was suggesting."

June 23, 2012 3:00 am  #46

hepzibah wrote:

Maybe that's why we don't fight, we are too old for that shit (to quote Danny Glover in Leathal Weapon)

That doesn't hold true on a Political board I frequent, but then we know what they say about politics.  We're all old enough to know better, yet fight like little bullies.  And we're on the same side!

This place is a joy.

June 27, 2012 12:25 am  #47

Hey, we won! We won! How did that happen? 
What are you talking about, this is not a competition? 

June 27, 2012 7:09 pm  #48

It's not a competition, Sammy...
But we still won!!!

July 1, 2012 4:42 pm  #49

Hi Everyone!  Really surprosed to see the age range for devotees of Sherlock (and the gorgeous Benedict Cumberbatch)! As an older fan myself it's refreshing to know I'm not the only one out there!  Having loved the stories of Conan Doyle since a very early age, I find BBC's Sherlock to be inventive, modern, brilliantly scripted and sublimely acted by an exceptional cast AND it still remains true to the original concept.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Oh I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I'm one of them' Sherlock

July 1, 2012 5:55 pm  #50

Molly Hooper wrote:

It's not a competition, Sammy...
But we still won!!!

Hm... Wait...
22 are under 30.  47 voted, which means a rest of... ?? Well, WHO won? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 1, 2012 6:54 pm  #51

Bristol eh! Not far from Cardiff. You might get to see some filming next series.

Ultra-competitive ones...it's not a competition. I know it's an Olympic year 'n' all but we haven't gone through the finish line yet!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 1, 2012 7:22 pm  #52

Sammy wrote:

Hm, interesting!
We should get ourselves a 70+ member.

It's curious that the people here are mostly older. I guess it's because it's "just" a good ol' fan forum and not something like tumblr which still is kinda new (well..) and dominated by young folk.
But, as you pointed out, this might be the reason it's so calm and relaxed here! (which is very nice!)

Who shares the first category with me?
Molly, you there? And who else? 

I share the first category.

Last edited by Smoggy_London_Air (July 1, 2012 7:22 pm)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Initials SH and proud owner of a viola named Watson.

Potential flatmates should know the worst about each other.

It's a three patch problem.

I didn't know; I saw.

July 20, 2012 1:06 am  #53

Welcome to the first bar, Smoggy 

Well, anyway, our bar is the longest so that's like winning. Pah.
Nah, just joking... of course it's not a competition!

Wow, look at how much the poll results have changed. Isn't that the most peculiar thing~!
The length of the bars are decreasing with every category quite evenly... and then there's like "50-60". Haha.

Still no 70+ member

July 20, 2012 7:24 am  #54

I tried to get a 70+ member to join the other week but I think I failed.   

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 21, 2012 7:39 pm  #55

Haha I'm sure we'll get there eventually...everyone needs to try and convert their gran or something! Good luck with that...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 21, 2012 7:51 pm  #56

It was a friend's mum at Ascot. We were quietly 'admiring' the wonderful Mr. Cumberbatch. She went even more girlie and giggly talking about him than I did!i even wrote the name of this forum out for her on a scrap of paper.

July 22, 2012 4:41 am  #57

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

....I think there's a lot of girls in this fandom at the moment...I think it's the Benedict effect.

And the Martin effect!

Sammy wrote:

Still no 70+ member

Just wait a few years, and we'll all move up a notch!

Last edited by Carol the Dabbler (July 22, 2012 4:59 am)

July 22, 2012 4:53 am  #58

Carol the Dabbler wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

....I think there's a lot of girls in this fandom at the moment...I think it's the Benedict effect.

And the Martin effect!

And the Sherlock/John effect. Yum.

July 31, 2012 7:16 am  #59

I'm surprised how young a crowd Sherlock Holmes has drawn here. I'm the only one of my friends I know who's read the entire canon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is the foil of a detective a thief or a magician?

My Theory on the Fall: http://sherlock.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=21539#p21539

July 31, 2012 8:57 am  #60

Lupin wrote:

I'm surprised how young a crowd Sherlock Holmes has drawn here. I'm the only one of my friends I know who's read the entire canon.

Two good-lookin' men, roaming the streets of London, marching to the beats of their own drummers, lots of action/adventure, some humor, some angst, some pathos, lots and lots of friendship stuff like no friendship anyone has ever seen on TV before-- naturally young folks are watching. And a lot of us old folks, too. I'm beating a dead horse again, but why in heck is it necessary to have read ACD to enjoy this TV show? I understand that it's cool to pick up on how the current writers have pulled ideas from original canon, but believe me, I know personally that someone can come to this show with zero knowledge of original canon and enjoy it juuuuuust fiiiiiiine.

Board footera