BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 14, 2012 1:30 pm  #1

Annual Sherlock Picnic (London - 14th July 2012)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 14, 2012 10:47 pm  #2

Re: Annual Sherlock Picnic (London - 14th July 2012)

I wanna move to London!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

June 15, 2012 5:53 am  #3

It'll probably be raining! Lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 18, 2012 9:05 pm  #4

Alas, I am chained to my house by a cruel mother and a pile of homework!
Why don't you bring some QUAVERS?!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 18, 2012 9:21 pm  #5

Actually, that's what I am bringing, lol! Quavers...

June 19, 2012 12:17 am  #6

Molly Hooper wrote:

Quavers come in cheese flavor too? Wow. I am missing out here in the States, Wish we had a picnic here too.

Disguise is always a self portrait

June 19, 2012 12:41 am  #7

Would so love to be there, but probably won't be back in London for a year or two. Will you all still be around and obsessed?

June 19, 2012 1:21 am  #8

Of course! This time next year we could be settling down to watch Series 3...and then after that we'll be waiting another 18 months for Series 4.

June 19, 2012 1:40 am  #9

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Of course! This time next year we could be settling down to watch Series 3...and then after that we'll be waiting another 18 months for Series 4.

OK. Count me in.

July 5, 2012 12:35 pm  #10

Hope to be able to go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

July 5, 2012 7:22 pm  #11

As I will be in London that weekend may be I will show up as well  - depends on my schedule for the day.

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 5, 2012 7:34 pm  #12

Sentimental Pulse wrote:

Molly Hooper wrote:

Quavers come in cheese flavor too? Wow. I am missing out here in the States, Wish we had a picnic here too.

Well, we could plan one here at the farm, but we'd have to order some Quavers shipped over from "The Mother Country"...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

July 5, 2012 7:45 pm  #13

Believe it or not - I'm just having a pack of Quavers along with a glass of beer with lemon...
(Bought a near by English shop empty last weekend )

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 5, 2012 11:24 pm  #14

So if anyone is going let me know. I'm going with two Sherlockian friends and we're dressing up as Sherlock, John and Jim.

July 5, 2012 11:30 pm  #15

Oh, I so wish I could go, but I think my next trip to London is at least a year off. If you think you can take any photos without showing faces, do share!

July 15, 2012 7:54 pm  #16

The meet up was amazing.

It started off at 12pm in Regent's Park. There were around 70 people and we were all split up into teams named after characters - we had Team Sherlock, Team John, Team Moriarty, Team Mycroft, Team Sally, Team Mrs Hudson, Team Molly and Team Lestrade.

I was in Team John which I was quite pleased about. We were given an envelope with a clue inside and it told us that John had gone out shopping four hours ago and Sherlock had only just realised he hadn't come back. This was basically the premise for the whole day, and we had to chase all over London trying to locate John. There were clues and riddles that we had to solve and each one would lead us to a different location where we would get the next piece of the story and the next clue. There was a pig pen cipher, a book code, a maths problem, a canon quiz...and they were all clues that would lead us to the end. On the way we got extra points for the team by taking photographs of us all acting out the titles to any Sherlock Holmes story. So for example, we saw a bike and one of us climbed on it for The Solitary Cyclist, then three of us posed outside a college for The Three Students (you get the general idea). You also got extra points for collecting any fandom or canon related items...so we got a jar of jam, we bought an apple and carved IOU into it etc...

It was SOOOOO much fun. Our team came 4th, which wasn't too bad. Team Sherlock won which was quite appropriate really. Afterwards we all went to Pizza Express on Baker Street and got something to eat and the results were announced.

It was really well organised and great to meet so many other Sherlockians. In the next few days I'll sort out the pictures and try to post some on here.

July 15, 2012 9:23 pm  #17

That sounded really brilliant!
When I'm 18 I'll go on a crazy meet up spree, just you wait!!
Yes, please do post some pictures, that would be fab!
I'm glad you had fun!

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

July 16, 2012 8:08 am  #18

What an excellent day - please do post pictures!

July 16, 2012 12:22 pm  #19

That sounded great, must come next time   

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/user/LyraWednesday?feature=guide

@Bad_Nade on Twitter
Sherlocks_Pants on LJ

July 17, 2012 6:06 pm  #20

That sounded really good! Did you need Mycroft's umbrella though?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera