BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2014 10:46 pm  #41

Re: Not Much on This Year?

But this is what actors do. Just think of Michael Fassbender in "Hunger" or Robert De Niro for "Raging Bull". As long as they do it sensibly or under medical supervision it should be fine. I am sure Benedict cares enough about his health not take any risks. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 10, 2014 6:20 am  #42

SusiGo wrote:

But this is what actors do. Just think of Michael Fassbender in "Hunger" or Robert De Niro for "Raging Bull". As long as they do it sensibly or under medical supervision it should be fine. I am sure Benedict cares enough about his health not take any risks. 

I know - I'm just being silly, I guess!
Still - he's never looked better than he does right now - I wonder what on earth he's doing that he needs to lose weight for??

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 10, 2014 7:12 am  #43

Ah but it might not be for losing weight, f he's building up muscle he will wait to go high protein.
Apparently someone said "Star Wars" and he said it wasn't that (the secret project, that is).

I wonder if it's something behind the camera as opposed to in front of it. He's always wanted to make a film....

I'm clueing for looks

February 10, 2014 7:37 am  #44

clareiow wrote:

I wonder if it's something behind the camera as opposed to in front of it. He's always wanted to make a film....

I too have read that he would like to be a director in the future. I just hope  that he won't stop playing in films at any point of his career. I mean, he's ridiculously talented as an actor to stop acting or act less / direct more.
That said, he can do whatever he likes, obviously - after all, he may be ridiculously talented in directing as well.

February 10, 2014 7:48 am  #45

clareiow wrote:

Ah but it might not be for losing weight, f he's building up muscle he will wait to go high protein.
Apparently someone said "Star Wars" and he said it wasn't that (the secret project, that is).

I think it must be acting though or else he wouldn't be dieting for it?
It's a shame if he hasn't been cast in Star Wars as I got the feeling he'd have liked to do that.
Oh well, he's looking really happy and relaxed in recent pics so whatever it is must be good for him

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 10, 2014 1:01 pm  #46

Ay dieting for a role would be under medical supervision. Actors do all sorts of things for roles, get fit, get fat, dye their hair, etc. It really is just part of the job. If he wasn't prepared to do this it would limit the roles available to him. Personally, I don't think he has got the experience in front of the camera yet to be able to direct from behind the camera. Possibly stage direction though.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera