BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2014 8:06 pm  #1

Anyone in Michigan, USA?

Hello, Michiganders and (possible) Wolverines! I've been hoping to meet some fellow Sherlock fans around here (and haven't really found any), and I was planning on possibly having some sort of meetup in the Ann Arbor area, either before the end of April or maybe as late as mid-September and on? If there's anyone who lives around here, or somewhere closer in Michigan (Grand Rapids, Traverse City, places up north, etc.), feel free to PM me or reply to this if you're interested! 

Thanks! 

February 9, 2014 9:26 pm  #2

Re: Anyone in Michigan, USA?

Not in the Ann Arbor area myself, but I have friends who are. I highly recommend checking out the meetup group  http://www.meetup.com/Ann-Arbor-Eclectic-Enthusiasts/

I know several people who are members, and I promise you'll find some like-minded people. Its a fun group to begin with, but after you join, you can suggest your Sherlock meetup as an official event - I'm positive you'll get some interest. My good friend is an active member and I've attended group gatherings when I've been in town. Who knows - depending on when the meetup takes place, it might warrant a road trip and weekend visit to AA. Or 2A, whatever the proper abbreviation is. 

February 10, 2014 12:15 am  #3

It's A2, with the 2 as a superscript as in A squared.

(Writing from Ann Arbor where I live.)

February 10, 2014 12:47 am  #4

I always feel like I'm asking about a 12 step program when I ask my friend how things are going where she lives through text. Because you know, Ann Arbor is way too long to type out.  I didn't realize it was meant to be a superscript - that kind of makes it even more awesome. 

February 10, 2014 1:23 am  #5

When I first moved here, I thought it was a bit precious, or even pretentious, but then I realized how convenient it was!

Where are you? It looks like maybe Pittsburgh (Pgh)?

February 10, 2014 12:39 pm  #6

Yep! I'm in Pittsburgh

February 18, 2014 2:40 am  #7

I'm originally from Michigan (Kalamazoo) and go to visit my parents near Grand Rapids a few times a year.  Wolverine? Well I'm living in Southwest Ohio right now and I'll just say that football season isn't safe for me, lol.  Last summer while visiting Michigan, I wore my "I Am SHERlocked" tee and it outed quite a few fans in Battlecreek.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

February 23, 2014 4:15 am  #8

josabby wrote:

I'm originally from Michigan (Kalamazoo) and go to visit my parents near Grand Rapids a few times a year.  Wolverine? Well I'm living in Southwest Ohio right now and I'll just say that football season isn't safe for me, lol.  Last summer while visiting Michigan, I wore my "I Am SHERlocked" tee and it outed quite a few fans in Battlecreek.

It must be hard living among the Buckeyes.
I think it's easier to find each other (Sherlockians) in the summer. Who can see your t-shirt under all the layers we have had to wear this winter?

March 6, 2014 5:00 pm  #9

veecee wrote:

josabby wrote:

It must be hard living among the Buckeyes.
I think it's easier to find each other (Sherlockians) in the summer. Who can see your t-shirt under all the layers we have had to wear this winter?

Hard indeed.

Indiana here...sounds like someone needs to organize a midwest meetup!  I'd be down...

Couple of biscuits too, if you've got them...

April 26, 2014 9:01 pm  #10

Did anyone get anywhere with this?

Board footera