BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 11, 2014 10:42 am  #1

CAM

Not sure if this has been discussed elsewhere but the initials CAM appear a lot in both the first two episodes. In episode 1 the initials appear in every bit of CCTV footage they look at with the tube train. Then we have the mention during the wedding speech in episode 2. Plus the CAMeraman (photographer) was the perpetrator in episode 2. It reminds me rather of the use of IOU during TRF.

Just wondering whether this is intentional? Knowing Messrs Gatiss & Moffat I suspect it may well be. Aside from the obvious, initials for the baddy thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 11, 2014 12:51 pm  #2

Re: CAM

And in Many Happy Returns it´s on the newspaper - The Game is back on.

February 9, 2014 5:34 pm  #3

CAM stands for Charles Augustus Magnussen, the main villain in episode three of season three.

March 28, 2014 6:04 pm  #4

In "The Sign Of Three" durng the wedding speech 

Sherlock is reading out the telegrams and reads out one from Cam or CAM.

This has me wondering is Cam innocently just a friend maybe Camilla or is it actually CAM?

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 30, 2014 12:18 pm  #5

Oh, it is CAM alright. Sot the look on Mary's face. It is all a veiled threat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

March 30, 2014 10:05 pm  #6

I thought as much  The "poppet" part just shows how much of a hold he had over her or *again maybe letting my imagination run away from me*  is he her dad or an uncle *makes u wonder* lol

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 31, 2014 5:43 am  #7

I was thinking he might be closer than that...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 31, 2014 9:44 pm  #8

Ooh now it really has got me thinking 

Benedict Cumberbatch

Board footera