BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2014 2:23 am  #1

Job thoughts

Maybe totallyoverthingking - but hey - I  wonder if CAM  was a setup by  Motiarty as  he "showed" himself after CAM was out the way .Moriarty mentioned everyone has pressure points on RFall, maybe C.A.M had something on moriarty,  therefore HIS final problem, all thats tween moriarty and totall power.  moriarty wants to burn the heart of out of Sherlock and has started by turning sherlock into a murderer.  I would assume there will be a few moral dilemmas on the way- well anyone else thinking along these lines?

February 6, 2014 3:17 am  #2

Re: Job thoughts

Interesting theory. I don't, personally, think CAM had anything to do with Moriarty (or vice versa) and I also don't believe Moriarty is alive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

February 6, 2014 3:13 pm  #3

Thx for acknowledging.  We started with series  one last week and we are all hooked.  I hope there is more to the Moriarty story - expanding from the character we met, somewhere in the background, like a dangerous older brother?  Otherwise why not just poison Moriarty when he had the chance.  Tit 4 tat!

February 6, 2014 8:50 pm  #4

More CAM as Moriartys dead man switch..
Which makes the revived Moriarty , CAMs dead mans switch.

Only CAM wasn't really targeting Sherlock...he was targeting Mycroft.
So does that make the revived Moriarty... Sherlocks or Mycrofts ..dead mans switch.

Last edited by lil (February 6, 2014 9:01 pm)

February 7, 2014 1:34 pm  #5

Mycroft for sure - got to burn the heart out of Sherlock.

February 8, 2014 4:18 am  #6

Although there is a blackmailer in Doyle's canon named Charles Augustus Milverton, the way Sherlock's CAM wields power and has so many people and things under his control is reminiscent of the original Professor Moriarty in Doyle.

February 9, 2014 2:21 am  #7

Have only read two ACD books so can't comment on cannon.   Enjoy this series so much.  Revisiting previous  episodes  always lends another detail to ponder.  BBC is one of the worlds treasures for sure.

Board footera