BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 24, 2014 6:03 pm  #1

Good Episode But Wasn't Thrilled With Ending

I saw that coming, it reminded me of SE7EN without the box. And to bring Moriarty back...are they running out of ideas? Hopefully a real Morirarty will emerge. Again Martin Freeman was terrific and I enjoyed everything up until the ending.

"the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

January 24, 2014 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Good Episode But Wasn't Thrilled With Ending

SteveNJ wrote:

I saw that coming, it reminded me of SE7EN without the box. And to bring Moriarty back...are they running out of ideas? Hopefully a real Morirarty will emerge. Again Martin Freeman was terrific and I enjoyed everything up until the ending.

I'm not sure that they are bringing Moriarty back; I wonder whether this is the set up for the last member of Moriarty's network. In TEH they used the name of Moran but they completely altered the plot so it doesn't match the original story; in canon there is one last villain to go before the Moriarty arc is wrapped. And someone who can get an image onto every tv in the country is pretty scary, don't you think?

January 24, 2014 8:11 pm  #3

The whole image on every TV was lifted from The Return of the Joker so maybe it's the Joker. lol

"the lowest and vilest alleys in London do not present a more dreadful record of sin than does the smiling and beautiful countryside.”

January 24, 2014 10:30 pm  #4

SteveNJ wrote:

That's a great point, and Se7en is one of my favorite movies, ever. 

January 25, 2014 12:31 pm  #5

It will be interesting, I hope the wait isn't too long. \
The ending in the original story was excellent so I'm surprised they felt the need to totally change it. They could have witnessed Lady Smallwood killing Mag and not report it. 

Last edited by SteveNJ (January 25, 2014 12:32 pm)

January 25, 2014 12:41 pm  #6

For some reason they had to bring Mary into it..

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 25, 2014 2:31 pm  #7

SteveNJ wrote:

It will be interesting, I hope the wait isn't too long. \
The ending in the original story was excellent so I'm surprised they felt the need to totally change it. They could have witnessed Lady Smallwood killing Mag and not report it. 

Yes; one of the great ironies is that in the past SH was criticised for not intervening to prevent a killing. In the Mofftiss version Sherlock does intervene, saves CAM's life, and nearly dies himself...

February 8, 2014 2:46 am  #8

Willow wrote:

SteveNJ wrote:

I'm not sure that they are bringing Moriarty back; I wonder whether this is the set up for the last member of Moriarty's network. In TEH they used the name of Moran but they completely altered the plot so it doesn't match the original story; in canon there is one last villain to go before the Moriarty arc is wrapped. And someone who can get an image onto every tv in the country is pretty scary, don't you think?

Or Moriarty's "appearance" could have been set up by Sherlock and/or Mycroft to get Sherlock out of his punishment.

I'd like to think Mycroft knew something about Moriarty being back before he started appearing on the TV screens...because then it wouldn't feel so much like Mycroft sold out his brother.

February 8, 2014 8:41 am  #9

I'm still not certain that Moriarty is back or that the screening was set up by a Holmes brother...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera