BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 18, 2012 4:06 pm  #21

Re: THE LIGHTNING QUIZ

Mike stamford.   

Medium---requires some research

What was the number of the bus they ran in front of,  when sherlock and john were handcuffed together?   

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 18, 2012 4:08 pm  #22

Stamford. Mike Stamford.

Apart from the Union Jack (cushion!): Which national flag is the only one to be shown in Sherlock?
MEDIUM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 18, 2012 8:39 pm  #23

well  since I cannot answer my   question,  I  will try  to  answer tobe's question,   and wait for him  to  come back and confirm.     

The Belgravian flag  in  Scandal in Belgravia?   Belgravia is a district where B  Palace is located.     

If  I'm  right,  then  answer this question----

What was the number of the bus they ran in front of,  when sherlock and john were handcuffed together?   

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 18, 2012 9:02 pm  #24

Sorry Sherlockskitty - it was indeed your turn - I wasn't observing.  Ok - I can answer your question now:

It was the No 74 to Baker Street Station.

Here's my question again:
Apart from the Union Jack (cushion!): Which national flag is the only one to be shown in Sherlock?
MEDIUM

No - it wasn't the Belgravian flag (which is no national flag). Try again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 18, 2012 11:31 pm  #25

the american flag in SIB?   where the plane was?    Not sure....I 'm  totally stumped.   your answer to my q is correct.  someone else plz try the question ok?  I  have no idea where to look.   thx!!   And I gotta fix my computer too.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 19, 2012 12:13 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 22, 2012 8:46 pm  #26

No, no Stars and Stripes in SiB, sorry!
The flag I'm looking for is to be found in the middle of series 1. It has three colours. One of them is green.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 12:44 am  #27

tobeornot221b wrote:

No, no Stars and Stripes in SiB, sorry!
The flag I'm looking for is to be found in the middle of series 1. It has three colours. One of them is green.

Well geez,  so far I've found a Canadian & a Chinese one but I'll keep looking for the one with green.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 23, 2012 5:12 am  #28

One of the other colours the flag consists of (green/.../...) the country's name carries within itself. Not in English though...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 7:42 am  #29

Ireland?  I've watched the blind banker so many times/.......

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 23, 2012 7:43 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 7:54 am  #30

No, not Ireland, Kitty.
When I said "middle" of series 1 I was obviously confusing you. No, not in the Blind Banker, but a very, very short time after it...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 8:48 am  #31

middle to me was tyhe blind banker.   Ok  I'll try again tomorrow.  I  have rgg on both VHS and dvd.  i'll watch them tme.  this feline friend needs a NAP.   g night   and thank you for the clues!!

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 9:20 am  #32

OK ,so somewhere in the Great Game.

Lightning sure is slowing down, lol.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 23, 2012 9:39 am  #33

kazza474 wrote:

OK ,so somewhere in the Great Game.

Lightning sure is slowing down, lol.

well then,  change the name.   Right answers would fit.  The race, kazza,  is ON!!!

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 23, 2012 9:40 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 23, 2012 11:00 am  #34

Well the idea of any quiz is the right answer.

We need hints to keep this one flowing. And it was suggested to send answers to staff so staff could give hints also if it slowed down.
Never mind, I'm sure someone will get it.
My eyes can't play "Where's Waldo" anymore with The Great Game.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 23, 2012 1:01 pm  #35

You won't have to go far into TGG, Kazza. Eight seconds will be ample.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 1:50 pm  #36

Good grief,  I studied that whole show & even with your clue I had to lighten the images a lot to see that.

The Belarus flag on the back wall when Sherlock interviewed that guy.

I will assume that is right, it can't be anything else.

So next question is:

What is the gallery's name in the Great Game?

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 23, 2012 1:55 pm  #37

kazza474 wrote:

Good grief,  I studied that whole show & even with your clue I had to lighten the images a lot to see that.

The Belarus flag on the back wall when Sherlock interviewed that guy.

Of course it is - congrats, Kazza!
Quite dark but unmistakeably:

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

June 23, 2012 6:28 pm  #38

What is the gallery's name in the Great Game?

Hickman Gallery.

What was the name of the Bank where Sherlock and John met Sebastian? 

Do we wait for the poster to confirm right or wrong,  and THEN  post the next question?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 23, 2012 6:30 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 26, 2012 9:46 pm  #39

Shad Sanderson Bank.

June 27, 2012 2:01 am  #40

Dark Matter wrote:

Shad Sanderson Bank.

Well done!

Your turn to post a question.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

Board footera