BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2014 9:08 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock cast at Apple Store in London

Just saw it. Damn, they are all sooo cute! The hole thing between Martin and Amanda was one great declaration of love. After all those years. What a great couple! And Ben.....and his giggeling...*sigh*......i truly adore and love him!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

February 7, 2014 6:35 am  #22

Sava wrote:

Just saw it. Damn, they are all sooo cute! The hole thing between Martin and Amanda was one great declaration of love. After all those years. What a great couple! And Ben.....and his giggeling...*sigh*......i truly adore and love him!

Ditto.
I loved seeing Martin and Amanda together and I also loved watching them interact with Ben, they all seem to get along so well, it was really lovely to behold.
I also really liked what Steven Moffat said about the internet fandom, carefully and well formulated. Good on you, Moffat!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 7, 2014 7:56 am  #23

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Sava wrote:

Ditto.
I loved seeing Martin and Amanda together and I also loved watching them interact with Ben, they all seem to get along so well, it was really lovely to behold.
I also really liked what Steven Moffat said about the internet fandom, carefully and well formulated. Good on you, Moffat!

Is there any way you give a brief hint to what he said about the fanbase?
No worries at all if not, and I completely understand that it can't be posted word for word.
I'm just very intrigued at the moment by the fact that the writers and cast are continually being asked about "the fandom" - it's almost as if people are waiting for one of them to slip up and say something disrespectful.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 7, 2014 8:16 am  #24

I loved Steven's answer about the fandom. He basically said that from the present generation of fans who make their own things out of their passion for the show there will evolve the next generation of creators. Which is right if you think about him and Mark as fanboys who made their passion for ACD the basis for the show. He went on to say that they appreciate the response of the fans but cannot interact with it because this is not the way it works. 
There was not any sign of disrespect towards the fans on his side. 

Last edited by SusiGo (February 7, 2014 8:18 am)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 7, 2014 8:24 am  #25

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

February 7, 2014 8:27 am  #26

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Ah great, stoertebeker! I love her blog, too.

Last edited by SolarSystem (February 7, 2014 8:28 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 7, 2014 8:30 am  #27

SolarSystem wrote:

On several blogs I've seen several gifs with Steven and his answer to read. It's probably not the complete answer, but it gives a pretty good idea about how respectful he answered. From what I saw, I would say that he is pretty much aware of what's going on in fandom and that there are loads of very talented and creative people out there.

Agreed! His answer really was with respect and well chosen. I think he also can do it the other way.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 7, 2014 8:43 am  #28

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Tony Hadley)

February 7, 2014 8:44 am  #29

I had an epiphany of sorts this morning. I could install iTunes in my virtual XP machine so that I don't actually have to install it on my real operating system. Maybe I'll just try that tonight. I'd really like to see the interview.

February 7, 2014 8:53 am  #30

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Agreed! His answer really was with respect and well chosen. I think he also can do it the other way.

Oh, I'm sure he can. But let's face it, the fandom was sitting right in front of him.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

February 7, 2014 8:55 am  #31

Oh, the way he's laughing...! Don't pull yourself together, Benedict, just don't! Ignore The Moff and laugh!!

February 7, 2014 8:59 am  #32

SolarSystem wrote:

gently69 wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, I'm sure he can. But let's face it, the fandom was sitting right in front of him.

But I think that, if he was in the right mood, his answer could also be more sarcastic. No matter if there were fans or not.

Last edited by gently69 (February 7, 2014 9:10 am)

(Tony Hadley)

February 7, 2014 9:14 am  #33

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh, the way he's laughing...! Don't pull yourself together, Benedict, just don't! Ignore The Moff and laugh!!

OMG thank you for that gif! I was so bored here!

Well, now people are wondering why I'm covering my face trying not to laugh out loud.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 9:17 am  #34

Did you see the whole on page 2?

(Tony Hadley)

February 7, 2014 9:26 am  #35

OMG, haha yes!

These things are dangerous in public! I'm supposed to do all sorts of serious things right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 9:38 am  #36

Thank you all for posting what was said - I always feel they are being tested in some way when they are asked this stuff.
Must say Moff looks quite cross with Benedict in those screen caps!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 7, 2014 10:06 am  #37

Hehe the gifs are very sweet ^^.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 7, 2014 10:07 am  #38

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

OMG, haha yes!

These things are dangerous in public! I'm supposed to do all sorts of serious things right now.

Serious things? Boring.

February 7, 2014 10:11 am  #39

SolarSystem wrote:

This Is The Phantom Lady wrote:

OMG, haha yes!

Serious things? Boring.

So very dull!

I think I will just stay in this thread till I get to go home; my cheeks are going to be so sore from smiling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 10:13 am  #40

Tinks wrote:

Thank you all for posting what was said - I always feel they are being tested in some way when they are asked this stuff.
Must say Moff looks quite cross with Benedict in those screen caps!

I don't know what was asked exactly, but as a member of the fandom I would never ask a question about the fandom. You're basically asking a question about yourself, right? And I suppose that all fandom-related questions that are even slightly interesting, have already been asked over and over again.

Board footera