BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2014 11:40 am  #61

Re: Favorite Quotes from His Last Vow

bohemian_rhapsody wrote:

“Oh Sherlock.. what have you done?"  - by far my fav quote of this episode. Almost bursted into tears during that scene.

Strongly suspecting that this was the mysterious 'one line that was never written down'.

January 22, 2014 12:53 pm  #62

silverblaze wrote:

bohemian_rhapsody wrote:

“Oh Sherlock.. what have you done?"  - by far my fav quote of this episode. Almost bursted into tears during that scene.

Strongly suspecting that this was the mysterious 'one line that was never written down'.

Yes I also thought the same.

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 22, 2014 1:01 pm  #63

zeratul wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

bohemian_rhapsody wrote:

Hey... yeah, that could be.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 22, 2014 1:27 pm  #64

gently69 wrote:

zeratul wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Highly likely.  Although I also wondered if it could've been the "Your loss would break my heart." line.

Last edited by tonnaree (January 22, 2014 1:28 pm)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 22, 2014 1:55 pm  #65

tonnaree wrote:

gently69 wrote:

zeratul wrote:

Highly likely.  Although I also wondered if it could've been the "Your loss would break my heart." line.

That would give Sherlock's answer a whole new meaning.

But then, that dialogue leads to mentioning the punch, and I doubt that was not intended.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 22, 2014 2:04 pm  #66

Agreed, for me it's either 'Oh, Sherlock, what have you done' or 'Your loss would break my heart'. For the second one I find it easier to believe that the writers just couldn't get it right. It still seems a bit OTN to me. But the first one they may have wanted to keep a surprise. 

January 22, 2014 10:34 pm  #67

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet:
"To the very best of times, John."
To me, it had everything.

January 23, 2014 6:30 am  #68

I only hope he meant in future!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2014 7:29 pm  #69

I really don't think so.

Another of my favorites:

'The game is never over, John. There may be some new players, but that's ok. The east wind takes us all in the end.'

January 23, 2014 7:58 pm  #70

The whole departure scene was awesome.
I wish they'd left it there, the final scene with Moriarty showing up on every screen was a bit tacky and "been there before".

January 23, 2014 8:05 pm  #71

Well to be fair, we don't know what(if anything)is going to happen with that...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 23, 2014 8:25 pm  #72

That's right, we don't.
But if we had been left to another long wait for the next series with the last picture of Sherlock being carried away to his apparently impending doom after a heart-wrecking departure scene, wouldn't that be more emotional (and angsty) than what we have now?

There better be a really good explanation for Moriarty showing up again (whichever way it was done); otherwise I'll sit here feeling that Moffat just couldn't resist putting another inexplicable (but ultimately unnecessary) plot twist in.

January 23, 2014 11:28 pm  #73

Sirius wrote:

That's right, we don't.
But if we had been left to another long wait for the next series with the last picture of Sherlock being carried away to his apparently impending doom after a heart-wrecking departure scene, wouldn't that be more emotional (and angsty) than what we have now?

There better be a really good explanation for Moriarty showing up again (whichever way it was done); otherwise I'll sit here feeling that Moffat just couldn't resist putting another inexplicable (but ultimately unnecessary) plot twist in.

But then we would not have the immortal lines

'I've only been gone for four minutes!

'Well, I certainly hope you've learned your lesson...'

I'm not a huge fan of angsty, and, since my fellow posters have convinced me that John probably did realise that he would never see Sherlock again and was dealing with it in the way that was easiest on Sherlock, it would seem unnecessarily cruel to draw out his suspense for the hiatus, however long that is.

Mark Gatiss deserves an award just for the way he delivered that line...

January 23, 2014 11:37 pm  #74

Willow wrote:

I'm not a huge fan of angsty,

Me neither.
But did they have to bring back Moriarty in order to turn the plane around? Couldn't they have come up with something else?
Thinking about it, no, they probably couldn't - at least not something they could have explained well enough in those few minutes. Still, that doesn't mean I have to be entirely happy with it, does it?

Willow wrote:

Mark Gatiss deserves an award just for the way he delivered that line...

Yes, he does. He deserves an award, period. Great acting, exactly because he's always calm and collected and in control (except when his little brother is about to break his arm).

Last edited by Sirius (January 23, 2014 11:38 pm)

January 31, 2014 5:59 pm  #75

silverblaze wrote:

bohemian_rhapsody wrote:

Maybe.  But I was struck throughout the episodes by parallels with A Study in Pink, and Mrs. Hudson says "Oh Sherlock, what have you done?" when the boys come home and Lestrade et al are already there on the "drugs bust."

January 31, 2014 11:28 pm  #76

I now believe that it's actually 'Your loss would break my heart.'

They never told us anywhere, did they?

February 5, 2014 11:11 am  #77

"That's my girl."

February 6, 2014 11:18 pm  #78

sj4iy wrote:

"Brother mine, don't appal me when I'm high."

And Sherlock looked high at that exact moment. I think I did a double-take, since up till then he had been looking scruffy, but pretty straight (in the sense of "sober).

Board footera