BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 6, 2014 5:51 pm  #1

Food

(I tried to search but if there's anoher topic like this; please have me excused!)

Can't we have a discussion about food? What food we love, food we don't care for; maybe even share some recipes?

I have always loved food, but recently I lost interest in cooking and eating; I need to get that passion back! Actually would anyone have any ideas for a good dish to make for dinner?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 8:00 pm  #2

Re: Food

I was thinking about sharing recipes too. It's always interesting to learn about national dishes from other parts of the world. I live in a dormitory so when I cook it's cheap and quick. I love Czech cuisine, especially when my grandmother is the one who does the cooking I don't mind cooking but I prefer baking so I appreciate every recipe for a delicious cake. Any delicious Danish cakes? As for a good dish for dinner (and quick), lately I am very fond of tortillas. I buy them at a shop, adding only fried chicken breast and tomatoes/pepper with sour cream.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

February 6, 2014 8:08 pm  #3

Denmark is particularly famous for well... Danish, a Danish baker invented it if I remember correctly. Strangely enough we called in Wienerbrød, though it has never had anything to do with Wien .

Hmmm what I like... Plain food, all that mucking about with spices and whatnot. Just not my thing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

February 6, 2014 8:11 pm  #4

I'm up for this.

My husbands a much better cook than I am but I do have a couple of easy cheap standbys I'd be happy to share.

Food I like?  I could eat Thai food seven days a week.  Love almost any Asian cuisine. 
Most definately a carnivore and get a craving for a perfectly cooked steak.
I also have a giant sweet tooth.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 6, 2014 8:22 pm  #5

I think I will share my family recipe on the world's easiest Berry cake/tart!

2 eggs
160g white sugar
100g plain flour
200g of berries, fresh or frozen (Best with raspberries)

All you have to do is whisk the eggs with the sugar till it foams; then add flour and fold it gently in... pour the batter over the berries and in the oven it goes at 200c for 35 minutes.

Remember whipped cream, ice cream or cream fraice! 

It gets sort of meringue and marzipan feel to it that is just awesome with the berries! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera