BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2014 8:34 pm  #1

London board meet up 2014

I'm thinking March would be a good time and have Saturday 22nd in mind. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is anyone in London at a particular time?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

January 29, 2014 3:41 am  #2

Re: London board meet up 2014

I shall be visiting the Reichenbach Falls in Switzerland that weekend.

Shall I leave notes for the Board? lol

February 2, 2014 12:32 pm  #3

Wouldn't this maybe be a perfect occasion for a meet-up?

https://call-for-papers.sas.upenn.edu/node/55107

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 2, 2014 12:50 pm  #4

I have a UK trip planned for middle of May, and I might be flying via London. But since I haven't actually booked flights yet, I'm not really sure.

February 2, 2014 12:54 pm  #5

I am going to that event, dancing woman.
Anybody else?
I'll be in London: 5-12 April.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 2, 2014 2:17 pm  #6

I´m in London on March, 27-29th. So I COULD attend on the 28th. Aren´t you doing walking tours, too @Sherlock Holmes?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

February 2, 2014 2:31 pm  #7

besleybean wrote:

Anybody else?

Well, I would love to if I can arrange it. I'm already plotting, and hopefully will know more by the end of this week!

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

February 2, 2014 2:36 pm  #8

That event looks interesting.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It is simplicity itself"
There's no place like 127.0.0.1

February 2, 2014 2:38 pm  #9

I'm not intending making  a submission for it, but I do have a ticket to attend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 2, 2014 2:52 pm  #10

Esp. as the tickets are for free.
No, I don't intend to make a submission either, I'll be busy enough taking in what everybody else has to say

February 2, 2014 3:17 pm  #11

besleybean wrote:

Anybody else?

I'm planning to go if I can manage to swap my on call. Fingers crossed.

February 6, 2014 7:17 am  #12

Seems I'm actually going to make it. Would be lovely to meet some people from this forum there.

February 18, 2014 9:11 am  #13

Sava wrote:

I´m in London on March, 27-29th. So I COULD attend on the 28th. Aren´t you doing walking tours, too @Sherlock Holmes?

Yes, I still run the walking tours!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 18, 2014 2:52 pm  #14

You know, all this time I've know you...never realised it was you who ran these tours.
My pal used to rave about them.

March 19, 2014 7:18 pm  #15

I'm going  to this event, I have two tickets but no one to go with...

I'm clueing for looks

March 19, 2014 7:22 pm  #16

Well I'm hoping to meet up with my pal who's presenting a paper, cos(despite them putting  a map up on Twitter), I'm still not entirely convinced where the place is!

March 19, 2014 7:46 pm  #17

It's right near to Euston station. I went the wrong way when looking for Speedy's and walked past the place last month

I'm clueing for looks

March 19, 2014 7:49 pm  #18

Despite having been to Speedy's a ton of times, I always have to think twice, particularly if I arrive the Euston Square way!

March 19, 2014 7:53 pm  #19

And what about me? I already stayed several times at a hotel near Euston Station, in October last year the last time. And ... until November I didn't even know about North Gower Street!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

March 19, 2014 7:57 pm  #20

That's almost as bad as me twice(obliviously) walking past where Benedict was filming.

Board footera