BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 4, 2014 1:03 pm  #21

Re: What did CAM say about Janine at the end?

No it doesn't.

@ Solar
Magnussen enjoys that kind of "torture". Why shouldn't he show this to Sherlock any time he had the chance to?

Last edited by gently69 (February 4, 2014 1:03 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 4, 2014 1:33 pm  #22

I just think CAM knows that Sherlock won't really be tortured by this, just because he only has one Pressure Point: John. And that really is enough. Mentioning Janine doesn't make a difference for Sherlock, it doesn't make it any worse, and I'm sure Magnussen knows this.

It's probably just wishful thinking on my part, because I'd find it really clever if there was another meaning behind CAM's mentioning of Janine in this situation than just... mentioning her because CAM also did to her what he's now doing to John and what he's doing "to whole countries". It would be quite a neat way to let Sherlock know that she's dead. (And I know how that sounds, believe me, I like Janine a lot and if it's true that she'll also be in S4 - great!).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

February 4, 2014 2:07 pm  #23

It's just a display of power, like the peeing in the fireplace. He likes that, he can't resist.

February 4, 2014 2:10 pm  #24

That's what I thought. Also mentioning Janine in this case.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

February 4, 2014 2:11 pm  #25

Another try for the link - this should work:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/02/04/sherlock-team-on-the-big-changes-in-season-3-the-villains-milverton-and-the-return-of-moriarty?page=2

Last edited by SusiGo (February 4, 2014 2:11 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 4, 2014 2:17 pm  #26

gently69 wrote:

No it doesn't.

Sorry, copied this one from my mobile. The page where you can find this article should be IGN UK. But by now the link is all over Twitter anyway.

In the article Moffat states he really has come to like Janine and that she and Sherlock will be pals and that she will be back. So we definitely haven't seen the last of her.

I think CAM just couldn't help himself when he made that comment. He loves exercising power over other people and he loves bragging about it.
But Janine is definitely not dead. (*wipes brow in huge relief*)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

February 4, 2014 3:00 pm  #27

Maybe CAM just wanted to find out if Sherlock cares for Janine and wanted to see his reaction to that statement?

I´m looking forward to see her again.

February 4, 2014 4:37 pm  #28

I'd like to see Janine again. Not sure if Moffat can be trusted though.

February 4, 2014 5:04 pm  #29

Well I meant let Sherlock know to upset him, cos CAM thinks Sherlock really cares for Janine.
But others meant that CAM has done her in...tho it could be fired her...or it could be had his way with her...or it could be just that he ' owns her' too.
EDIT: or else we could well see Janine again, but not in a way we expect.

Last edited by besleybean (February 4, 2014 5:05 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 4, 2014 6:04 pm  #30

When CAM said Janine makes the funniest noises, my first thought was while she's having sex... with CAM. And then he looks at Sherlock to get a reaction to that bit of news.  That he says "makes" not "made" is possibly important.  Crazy?  I need to watch it again for sure.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The suspense is killing me.  I hope it will last.
Twice.

February 4, 2014 6:15 pm  #31

Yes, I was trying to be delicate!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 4, 2014 6:35 pm  #32

NoSheetSherlock wrote:

When CAM flicks John's face (and then his eye),  he taunts him with 'see if you can keep it open.'
and then says to him 'Janine managed it once'.   Followed by:
'She makes the funniest noises'  while CAM looks over at Sherlock.
eew.

Odious, horrid excuse for a human being. I said on a different thread earlier that I thought the comment about Janine might just very well have been the one thing that pushed Sherlock over the edge about whether to kill that snake or not. As you said, ewwww indeed.

February 4, 2014 6:37 pm  #33

SolarSystem wrote:

I still wonder if that might have been CAM's way of telling Sherlock and John that Janine is dead...

I absolutely got the idea that she was dead, yes, but of course they didn't tell us, and people dooooo (imitating Moritarty here) like to come back from the dead on that show! So we might see her again.

As for the noises, all I could think of was, poor girl, imagine what he was doing to her at the time..... ugh.

February 4, 2014 9:09 pm  #34

CAM flicked  faces of people who "owned" so maybe wanted to let Sherlock know that it is the case of Janine.

What did he mean buy the funniest noises? I cannot imagine anybody making noises when being flicked. But in another situation... maybe CAM wanted to test if the newspaper interviews of Janine were true or he thought that Sherlock cared about Janine and wanted to hurt him saying that he was doing the same with her.

February 5, 2014 12:48 am  #35

Preceja wrote:

What did he mean buy the funniest noises? I cannot imagine anybody making noises when being flicked.

Not funny as in ha-ha (humorous), but funny as in odd or peculiar (damned English, with its various meanings for the same word!)  The noises she would have made would be more in the line of whimpering, crying out, pleading with him to stop, etc. He gets off on causing other people to be afraid, in pain, embarrassed, horrified, etc, so he would have enjoyed the noises she made. A truly odious man, that.

February 5, 2014 6:56 am  #36

Now then.
I had a bit of  a Sherlock dream last night, but in amongst it were some thoughts about CAM and Janine...
'Newspaper stories':  for Moriarty/Richard Brook and Sherlock/Shezza...CAM a newspaper magnate.
Janine(Irish accent) and  a bit mean and Mrs Holmes both using the term'Mikey'(as in for Mycroft)...
I'm being buried by red herrings!

Board footera