BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2014 4:18 pm  #1

Run Sherlock!!

Hi guys

You might have seen me on the "you know you're obsessed when..." Thread, talking about our Sherlock run!

I'm trying to think of a nice route which isn't too long, but it has to end at Speedy's!

At the moment I'm thinking of starting at St Bart's, before heading through to Belgravia, then Leinster Gardena, then finish at "221b". I think that makes about 6 miles!

Any other cool spots I could incorporate?

I'm clueing for looks

February 1, 2014 11:43 am  #2

Re: Run Sherlock!!

I am so in as I also run daily.

maybe a board member could come up with a nice logo that we could put on shirts?

It seems most likely we will run at different times..

February 1, 2014 9:19 pm  #3

Well we are in the process of trying to make this an official, organised thing - I'll keep you posted on here!

I'm clueing for looks

February 3, 2014 7:51 pm  #4

Does anyone here know of, or have contact with, people within the Sherlock production team or the Sherlockology website?

We really would like to get this charity run off the ground, and raise it's profile. It would be great to have the cast involved or at least informed of what we are doing.

If anyone does know can they send me a private message on here?

Thanks

I'm clueing for looks

February 3, 2014 9:48 pm  #5

Can't you contact Sherlockology directly?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 3, 2014 10:13 pm  #6

Yep contact them via Tumblr or Twitter is probably your best bet. Unless they have some means of contacting them on their site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

February 3, 2014 11:04 pm  #7

I've emailed them but I've not had a reply yet, don't know how long I should wait before I try another approach.

What id like is for the cast or production to choose the charity we are running for, and for them to know what we want to do, under the Sherlock banner!

My friend is experienced in organising events and I work in media so hopefully we should get some success.

I'll post again if I hear anything from Sherlockology!

I'm clueing for looks

February 4, 2014 11:52 am  #8

You ar ebest off organising the bulk yourself-

decide if you want people to do Sports in the Sherlock spirit or if you want these people to also actively fundraise

settle for a structure (anyone can run at any event, as long as in gear, or, only certain kind of runs, etc)

Settle on a Charity (eg. Princes Trust)

Then start promoting the idea - the easier for people to join up, the more will be in.

February 4, 2014 5:16 pm  #9

Yeah definitely - I think we have the structure and the principles in place. princes trust is a good one!
I'm having a proper meeting with my friends next week, I'll let you know what we come up with!

I'm clueing for looks

February 5, 2014 10:42 am  #10

Right I've had a reply from Sherlockology.

They can't help us organise it as they're too busy but they have recommended BakerstBabes to me and suggested a charity, Save Undershaw, which is a campaign to preserve Conan-Doyle's home, which is falling into disrepair.

I like the idea of supporting that. So, we are getting somewhere even if it's only a small step forward. ;)

I'm clueing for looks

February 6, 2014 1:47 pm  #11

That sounds like a fantastic idea! If I could run, and had the chance to be in London I would join! Even if I had to walk! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 6, 2014 1:53 pm  #12

Well if we give you enough notice Phantom Lady maybe you could?! We'd love to bring some of the Sherlock fandom together, I know it's an unusual thing, but Sherlock and running are the two favourite things of myself and my friends, so we thought, why not put the two together!?

I'm clueing for looks

February 6, 2014 2:13 pm  #13

That would be awesome! And what a chance to see London!

Sadly I can't run, I physically can't run! But I would love to walk the route! 

Last edited by This Is The Phantom Lady (February 6, 2014 2:13 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

Board footera