BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2014 9:40 am  #61

Re: Funniest moments in any episode

I loved it when John called Sherlock "nurse" in SoT. And Sherlocks reaction.

-----------------------------
“Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.”
Terry Pratchett - A Hat Full of Sky

January 15, 2014 2:02 pm  #62

Can we just put the entire Stag Night on a loop and build a shrine to it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 16, 2014 5:14 am  #63

It shouldn't be so funny...BUT.

When Sherlock is strutting around 221b , in the blue dressing gown, bored!

And then gets blown up...omg his face here.
The funniest bomb attack ever...obviously.

January 31, 2014 12:26 pm  #64

harleyq wrote:

I love all of these. I thought I'd add the scene in TRF where John comes in from showering, simply passes the hanging dummy, sits down to read the paper and says, "So, did you just talk to him for a really long time?" It always makes me chuckle.

That is one of my favorites, too!

I like to think that this also is what happened on the rooftop: Sherlock talking to Moriarty a very long time (pushing all his buttons at the right time) and then he killed himself. Might be a bit of foreshadowing.. a hilarious one!

January 31, 2014 9:04 pm  #65

John: But it's Christmas!
Sherlock: I feel the same! Oh, you mean it's actually Christmas.

Mycroft: Am I happy, too? I haven't checked.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 1, 2014 2:48 am  #66

John and Sherlock getting drunk in season 3 made me chuckle. Also Sherlock "camouflaging" himself moments before revealing his existence to John at the restaurant.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My blog: 3sidestoeverystory.tumblr.com

February 1, 2014 3:15 am  #67

"Ah,  Hudders!"

February 1, 2014 3:42 am  #68

The entire drunk Sherlock part. By far the funniest and longest screen-time goofiness of the whole series. =D 

February 1, 2014 5:12 am  #69

"I know ASH"!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

February 1, 2014 12:41 pm  #70

" are you wearing any pants?"
"no"
"ok"

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

February 6, 2014 11:52 pm  #71

BrettianHolmesFan wrote:

gently69 wrote:

Like to add the faces of Sherlock and John, when Moriarty's mobile started ringing.

ah ha ha ha staying alive

Oh yes LOL! I actually heard the song recently and of course I couldn't help but think of the beginning of ASiB. The resolution was a bit of a cop out but the ringtone really did fit Jim all too well LOL!

And the way Sherlock gives Moriarty "permission" to answer.

February 6, 2014 11:55 pm  #72

"No."
"It was Mycroft,"

Among others.

February 7, 2014 9:13 am  #73

"High functioning Sociopath, with your number  XD"

If I ever need a laugh, his face there is all I need!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the whole street!"

"Oh Watson. Nothing made me... I made me"
"Luuuuurve Ginger Nuts"

Tumblr[/url] I [url=http://archiveofourown.org/users/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady/pseuds/This_is_The_Phantom_Lady]AO3
#IbelieveInSeries5

February 7, 2014 5:07 pm  #74

That one is my absolute faves too, I howl laughing every time he says it!

Last edited by besleybean (February 7, 2014 5:08 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 31, 2014 1:06 pm  #75

Oh, the entire Christmas with the Holmes'. Not only the dialogues are fantastic, but just thinking about how... domestic they're all acting cracks me up. Not to mention the fact that we KNOW from ASiP that they call their mother "Mummy".)

Mummy: Mikey, is this your laptop? (SHE CALLS HIM MIKEY!! Ahahaha!)
Mycroft: Upon which depends the security of the free world, yes, and you've got potatos on it.
-You shouldn't leave it around if it's so important. (Like she's talking about his homework! XD)

Mummy: *completely exasperated*: "We are here because Sherlock is home from hospital and we're all very happy!"
Mycroft : *big smile*: Am I happy, too? I haven't checked."

"Behave, Mike!" (Someone just told the mighty Mycroft  to "behave"! If she can say that to Mycroft, she can make Chuck Norris eat his vegtables.)
"Mycroft is the name you gave me. If you could possibly struggle all the way to the end."

"ARE YOU TWO SMOKING?"
"No!"
"It was Mycroft!"
(Look at their expressions and body stances! Two times funnier when you remember that she's Benedict's real mother.)

"Punch me in the face."
"Punch you?"
"Yes; in the face. Didn't you hear me?"
"I always hear 'punch me' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext."

"Aaaah, Hudders."

Sherlock: "Now, onto some funny stories about John." *sees everyone sniffling and wiping their eyes* "What's wrong? What happened? Why are you all doing that? John? Did I do it wrong?"  (His tone gets to me every time.)

John: Can you whisper?
Lestrade: NOT REALLY! 

John: *to Irene*: Could you put something on, please? Anything at all. A napkin? *offers her his napkin*

The part where Sherlock shoos his parents out of the door and looks absolutely mortified, like a teenager caught shopping with his parents by a classmate. XD

Also, Christmas at 221B when Sherlock says, "It was me." (the moan that was his text tone.). Molly and Lestrade's expressions are just brilliant. 

Anderson: "Rache. It's German for revenge."
Sherlock: Yes, thank you for your input. *shuts the door in his face*

"The game is never over, John. But there may be some new players now. That's OK; the East Wind takes us all in the end."

May 31, 2014 1:39 pm  #76

"Sherlock: Did he offer you money to spy on me...?
John: Yes.
Sherlock: Did you take it?
John: ...No?
Sherlock: Pity, we could've split the fee. Think it through next time. "

And my favourite one:

John: Here to see the Queen?
(Mycroft walks in)
Sherlock: Oh, apparently yes.
(laughing)

***************************************************************************************************************************                                    

"Hey, chief, I might be wrong, but I think we're flying into a mountain. This makes me feel... scared of the mountain.
One thing we could do is pull up and fly over the mountain. How does that sound to...
"

May 31, 2014 1:41 pm  #77

To me, the funniest moment in the series has got to be the first glimpse of Sherlock driving in THOB. I know why that is from a production point of view (Martin can't drive), but it is so incongruous with a character who can't bother to do something so mundane as go grocery shopping. We could have seen Sherlock brushing his teeth or doing laundry and I would have been just as floored.

What makes it so funny is that absolutely no mention was made of how absurd it is for Sherlock to be driving. There's no scene at ther rental agency with an argument over who gets to drive, no comments from John on Sherlock's driving, etc.

And let's not get into the motorbike scene in TEH, where we learn that he can ride one like a boss. Can you imagine being his driving instructor?!

As for the awesome Christmas scene ("Someone's put a bullet in my boy", sniff, sniff), if Mycroft is Mikey, I wonder if Sherlock was Billy growing up?

Mary

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

May 31, 2014 1:41 pm  #78

@Marta
That last is THE best of all!

Last edited by besleybean (May 31, 2014 1:44 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

May 31, 2014 2:06 pm  #79

maryagrawatson wrote:

As for the awesome Christmas scene ("Someone's put a bullet in my boy", sniff, sniff), if Mycroft is Mikey, I wonder if Sherlock was Billy growing up?

Maybe he was "Sherl"? XD 
As in, "Surely you can't be serious?"
"I am serious, and stop calling me Shirey!"

Last edited by Jasmine (May 31, 2014 3:02 pm)

"The game is never over, John. But there may be some new players now. That's OK; the East Wind takes us all in the end."

May 31, 2014 2:33 pm  #80

Sherl (*gags*) reminds me of the funniest John scene in the whole series, everything from the moment Janine walks out of Sherlock's bedroom wearing only one of his shirts through Sherlock and Janine kissing. The expressions on his face (especially the WTF kind of rabbit hole did I just fall into one at the first kiss) and his obsession with it while Sherlock is focused on Magnussen is gold.

Second favourite John scene is from SIB. "I suppose you don't remember much. You weren't making a lot of sense. Oh, and I should warn you, I think Lestrade filmed you on his phone." With that little wince. And it was hilarious that Lestrade wanted to do this again in HLV!

Speaking of Lestrade, "Ooh, you bastard!" in TEH and, in SIP,  a very nonchalant, isn't it obvious, what do you think I'm doing, "It's a drugs bust."

Mary.

John: That's clever. So you scratch their backs and...
Sherlock: Yes. And then disinfect myself.

Board footera