BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 31, 2014 9:23 pm  #1

Vertue and Moffat on series 4 and 5

Here is a new interview about their plans for the forthcoming series and the whole Sherlock concept.

http://collider.com/sherlock-season-4-5steven-moffat-sue-vertue-interview/

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2014 10:07 pm  #2

Re: Vertue and Moffat on series 4 and 5

The wait between series is hard, but it's fun too.  It's been such a pleasurew hanging out with the fandom.  

I really appreciate Moffat's point that if they had been doing 12 or 13 eps at a time it might all be over now because Ben and Martin got sick of it or got too popular..,  We are lucky that everyone involved with Sherlock is still eager to carry on with it.  They will make time for it because they still enjoy the work.  And I'm willing to wait for them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 31, 2014 10:09 pm  #3

So am I. The waiting is the price we have to pay for having them in the show. And we know that there would not be a show without the both of them. And you are right, waiting can be a lot of fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 31, 2014 11:14 pm  #4

Not sure I like the sound of the gut punches!
John to be broken hearted? Sherlock to unravel because he's on his own?
I've got this irrational fear that Mary will be killed off and it'll be somehow Sherlock's fault!!

I think I've been watching too many American Bromance type shows though - I'm sure they didn't mean THOSE type of gut punches??? The ones where the heroes are constantly falling out or betraying each other *cough* Supernatural *cough* !!

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 1, 2014 10:32 pm  #5

I think the one thing we can rely on is them not plodding down well trodden paths; in putting together the best possible stories for us they will be concentrating on what makes Sherlock special. It's a drama so of course there will be gut punches but I am sure that they have the bare bones of where they are going.

The tricky bit is writing the superlative scripts which we have come to expect, and then pulling it all together; I am so glad that we have the example of Montalbano (which I adore) to show that you really can keep it going over many years

February 2, 2014 9:14 am  #6

Oh my, now we have to wait about 4 years for this 5th "terrifying" season? Ok, count on me Moffat & Gatiss, I will be there.
I love that they are not afraid of exploring new directions... some people said season 3 was too much fan-service, but I don't think so: if they wanted to feed the beasts (sorry, fans), they would just stick with the formula which proved to be so succesfull, instead of risking the anger of hard-cor viewers by proposing new paths to the show.

February 2, 2014 1:29 pm  #7

Very good point, miriel!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

February 3, 2014 8:38 pm  #8

5????? Oh god, thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The begining of a great adventure!!!

February 4, 2014 8:44 pm  #9

yes,  at first I didn't like the long wait before series.   are you saying we have to wait till  2016 to see series 4  of sherlock?   cos that's what it sounds like.   I  just hope they stick to the doyle stories  in parts,  here and there,   I  really  think that that is what  partly keeps us fans  glued to this show.  

Ok  I'm  off to have lunch now and watch HLV  for the third time.....           

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

February 4, 2014 8:49 pm  #10

We don't know yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2014 2:23 am  #11

I think the worst thing to happen would be to leave on a cliffhanger then never make another season. Waiting two years is hard but much easier than never getting another season!

================================================================

February 5, 2014 6:51 am  #12

If Benedict is available in Feb, maybe we could rent him? Hihi

Well I understand the point, that they need to get everybody beeing free at the same time. But why do they keep having cliff hangers? We will be there anyway, why do they have to be so cruel to us?

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

February 5, 2014 7:00 am  #13

I thought it was just good TV.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

February 5, 2014 9:38 am  #14

Although frustrating, I think the wait is very clever. It leaves you hungry for more. Leaving the cliffhanger (in this case, Moriarty) is essential though, so we have something to ponder upon in the meantime. The internet helps the wait too, because there is fanfiction, youtube, forums like this, to keep the Sherlock world alive while we wait.

I must confess, I was actually eager for Christmas to be finished so I could see series 3! I don't think I was the only one either. That's the impact this show has on people.

Going even further, and I feel embarrassed to admit this, I actually said to my hubby, 'I hope nothing really bad happens before the next series, like a meteorite hits us or something!' I was - fleetingly, of course, and slightly tongue in cheek - more concerned about there being no Sherlock, than I was of some major disaster!!! *rolls eyes despairingly*

February 18, 2014 1:22 am  #15

miriel68 wrote:

Oh my, now we have to wait about 4 years for this 5th "terrifying" season? Ok, count on me Moffat & Gatiss, I will be there.

Think how long Doyle's readers had to wait!

Board footera