BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 18, 2012 11:07 am  #1

Cabin pressure

Again, being in Australia, I can't exactly source this via BBC unless I pay for each episode.

So the next best thing is youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4HnkKtpNJs

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 18, 2012 8:22 pm  #2

Re: Cabin pressure

If you Google it you will find a website where you can buy each of the 3 series. I guess you can probably do that from where you are. Then you can download them to your computer and listen to them millions of times ))

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 18, 2012 10:25 pm  #3

Yeah I found that one thanks.
I am just 'sampling' it first, regardless of who is in it there are some things I just 'can't get into'.
We don't have radio plays over here (that I know of) except one very long running old one & it's not my cup of tea at all. So listening to these is something completely new to me really.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

February 19, 2012 12:39 pm  #4

Suggest you start with the very first episode of the first series. Like many situation comedies many of the jokes and funny situations revolve around carefully drawn personalities. This series is very well acted and the comic timing is perfect. It is written by John Finnemore who also plays Arthur. Hope you enjoy it. )

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 19, 2012 12:41 pm  #5

Yeah I am about to go to bed and listen to some more. I started last night, first 3 episodes Series 1.

It's 'growing on me' this kind of entertainment, lol.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 6, 2012 8:47 am  #6

Oh, I found a fan page for Cabin Pressure also. Good stuff on there.

http://www.cabinpressurefans.co.uk/

Good to see a new series coming out later in the year. Ben, where will you find the time??!!!

Last edited by kazza474 (March 6, 2012 8:47 am)

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

March 6, 2012 1:13 pm  #7

He's a busy boy!!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 6, 2012 1:52 pm  #8

There's one episode in series 3 in which the part of Martin Criieff is not played by Benedict because he was poorly!

March 6, 2012 2:14 pm  #9

I have referenced John Finnemore's blog in the other stuff bit of this fan page. He writes Cabin Pressure.

April 24, 2012 11:30 am  #10

Yay! Cabin Pressure is back on BBC Radio 4extra! Monday about 9.30am and available on I-player (sorry folks outside UK but you can buy and download on-line). Benedict plays airline (with only one aircraft) pilot Martin Crieff (who also has his own 'man with a van' business on the side). This is series 2. Oh...I should mention that this is a comedy. The have been 3 series so far and the fourth will be recorded this year sometime. I'm really hoping to be able to get along to one of the recording sessions.

BRILLIANT! I am feeling very cheery about this!

April 24, 2012 8:07 pm  #11

I love Cabin Pressure = ).
Poor Martin, I always want to hug him after an episode and say "everything will be okay!".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 25, 2012 7:47 pm  #12

Yes, poor Martin! Douglas pretty much ALWAYS gets the better of him! I love the character of Arthur too, he's just so...cheery! Have you seen the 'Yellow Car' rules John Finnemore has posted on YouTube? Made me laugh so much! You can also access it on his blog: John Finnemore Blog forget what did. This is also a very funny and very, very clever blog - catch his artwork if you haven't done so already.

April 26, 2012 1:29 am  #13

Sounds interesting, I'll watch it tomorrow = ).
I start reading John's blog, it's hilarious ! I love his entry about the book how to cook courgettes xD. Oh, and not to forget how many otters someone can imagine, a true classic that one : ) and his artwork is really great too.
And yes, how can someone not love Arthur ? He's always completely happy !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Wanted! Schrödinger's cat. Dead and alive."

April 26, 2012 12:13 pm  #14

So! How many otters can you imagine?
Yellow car!

April 26, 2012 12:16 pm  #15

Roger Allam is in Parade's End as well.

April 26, 2012 1:40 pm  #16

I've listened to some episodes of Cabin Pressure in YouTube. Really hilarious. And a quite good way of improving my English listening...
I adore Arthur, but Martin is just so... well, it's Martin. He has that voice, good Lord...

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 26, 2012 1:53 pm  #17

I love Brian's of Britain too! Lol

April 27, 2012 9:02 am  #18

Davina wrote:

I love Brian's of Britain too! Lol

That's pretty funny 
Yesterday I listened to the "Simon says" episode. Couldn't stop laughing. Roger Allam is sooooooo funny...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

April 27, 2012 12:36 pm  #19

He is, as Arthur would say, really really brilliant!

April 28, 2012 10:51 pm  #20

I've re-listened to Abu Dhabi. Love this bit:

MARTIN Is that understood?
DOUGLAS Yes.
MARTIN Yes what?
DOUGLAS Yes, it is.
MARTIN Yes, it is what?
DOUGLAS Yes, it is understood.
MARTIN Yes, it is understood, what?
DOUGLAS Yes, it is understood, please.
MARTIN I'm waiting.
DOUGLAS Martin, you're not seriously asking me to call you Sir?
MARTIN Yes, I am. Why is that so hard to believe?
DOUGLAS Well, to select just one reason from the fifteen or sixteen that present themselves, I'm old enough to be your father.
MARTIN Not unless you started very young.
DOUGLAS I did.

Last edited by Irene_Adler (April 28, 2012 10:52 pm)

Board footera