BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 13, 2013 1:55 pm  #21

Re: My Fanart

Yeah I post a lot of zombie!lock from my fic
heres a different coloured version

October 13, 2013 2:27 pm  #22

I really like your fan art! I never managed to draw a convincing Sherlock / Ben, yet. 
I managed a small Sherlock figurine from clay so far... well....

But, as I do some drawing and modelling myself - may I critizise a liiiiiittle bit?
The nose, there is something wrong with the nose. I don't know how to describe in English.. You didn't do it on the very first and the third one. But the others have a curve on the tip of the nose, which stresses it a bit too much. If you understand what I'm talking about. It looks as if something sits on it, or it is red.

Please don't get me wrong. I wish I would come so near to that face when I try drawing it... 
I also like your ideas. I think the third one is my favourite. The cool colours and that look........ 

Last edited by Mattlocked (October 13, 2013 2:28 pm)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

October 13, 2013 2:37 pm  #23

Mattlocked wrote:

I really like your fan art! I never managed to draw a convincing Sherlock / Ben, yet.
I managed a small Sherlock figurine from clay so far... well....

But, as I do some drawing and modelling myself - may I critizise a liiiiiittle bit?
The nose, there is something wrong with the nose. I don't know how to describe in English.. You didn't do it on the very first and the third one. But the others have a curve on the tip of the nose, which stresses it a bit too much. If you understand what I'm talking about. It looks as if something sits on it, or it is red.

Please don't get me wrong. I wish I would come so near to that face when I try drawing it...
I also like your ideas. I think the third one is my favourite. The cool colours and that look........

Yes I know, its a personal style I use when trying to draw in a more cartoonish way. I'm still learnin but I just like adding it on the nose. Some of my fave artists to similiar things and sometimes it really adds to a picture. As mine are rather on the crappy side they don't yet. But yes I know which you mean. 

Thanks

January 30, 2014 3:29 am  #24

It's been awhile since I posted, sorry! Christmas got busy and I was busy before that and then after! But I've been drawing non stop and would like to show some of my sketches and digital drawings (which used to be sketches) that I've been working on.

First the sketches.

First time drawing Mycroft....he's not easy.

Not happy with any of these D:

John, it's so hard to draw you and Idk why.

Most of these are ok. LOOK I DID OPEN MOUTH EXPRESSIONS. It's only taken me several years.

Drunk people...idk how to draw those. Never been drunk myself lol.

January 30, 2014 3:41 am  #25

Not much digital art at the moment. It's even harder than sketching. But I've done a few recently. First two are in photoshop and the last is in Fire Alpaca. The last is a WIP and the second is to go in an Artbook for  con, they might all go in, but I'm trying to come up with better stuff and simple digital sketches as well. I have done other art but its doctor who related not sherlock.

WIP of Angel!Lock from my Stars Series Fics. (Never to See The Stars Again and And The Stars Shone Brightly) 

Never used Fire Alpaca before, it's different! But I like how it's turned out so far.

January 30, 2014 11:34 am  #26

I think this is the best it will get for now. IDK if I will do all digital drawings in Fire Alpaca, but it was certinly fun! 

These picture is loosly based on Angel!lock's appearence in my fic : Never To See The Stars Again. Where he appears grumply in John's dreams. And rants about another angel in a trenchcoat.

Here's some close ups.

January 30, 2014 11:47 am  #27

Some nice stuff Song. Always good to experiment.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 30, 2014 12:03 pm  #28

Davina wrote:

Some nice stuff Song. Always good to experiment.

Thank you very much! It was an enjoyable experiement! 

March 11, 2014 11:09 am  #29

Trying to improve my lineart. Now I have the next problem of colouring it XD. 

Board footera