BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 30, 2014 2:56 am  #1

A Wave From Across The Pond

A wave from across the pond.  hmm bit clumsy yet with this...
Alrighty then.  59 year old single, never been married lover of anything Holmsian...and this BBC series has me addicted.  Spent all day yesterday reviewing every episode to refresh my memory after having just seen Episodes 1 and 2, Season Three on PBS.  
Have definately decided that not only is the writing brilliant but the soundtrack is superbly steampunkian and makes me grin.
Am anxiously awaiting Episode 3 Season 3.

Last edited by Ravensmum (January 30, 2014 3:04 am)

" I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."

January 30, 2014 3:06 am  #2

Re: A Wave From Across The Pond

Waving back, Ravensmum.  Hi! Welcome aboard!  Which side of the pond are you on? 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 30, 2014 3:13 am  #3

The West KeepersPrice...the West.

Last edited by Ravensmum (January 30, 2014 3:15 am)

" I always hear "punch me in the face" when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."

January 30, 2014 9:48 am  #4

Hi, warm welcome! Enjoy! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 30, 2014 11:04 am  #5

Hello and welcome to the forum. Steampunk eh! I like!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 2, 2014 12:39 am  #6

Steampunk and Victorian England and Holmes all work for me. 

February 2, 2014 8:37 am  #7

Have you seen the thread about the steampunk version of Sherlock Holmes in the 'Other Adaptations' section of the board? 

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

February 2, 2014 11:06 am  #8

Welcome, Ravensmum, have fun. Btw, I like your avatar. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 3, 2014 2:34 pm  #9

Thank you Davina...Ill check that out...a little slow, moving my way cautiously through all the joyful delights ...like drawers in a library...lol...MIND PALACE!
And SusiGo...I LIKE my avatar too...lol...*sigh....now THAT is a Steampunk Holmes!!! lol

Last edited by Ravensmum (February 3, 2014 2:44 pm)

February 4, 2014 11:51 am  #10

Hello!  I agree with you the soundtrack's great. I set thisas my ringtone and it keeps me happy all day. 

February 25, 2014 11:28 am  #11

Wish someone would show me how to do that...lol Sorry I havent been ducking in...have been VERY sick with the virus that has hit the States...

February 26, 2014 1:12 am  #12

Nice to meet you and welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you've been sucked in by the show. It is a good one! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

February 26, 2014 4:34 am  #13

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

Board footera