BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 28, 2013 7:36 pm  #561

Re: Doctor Who

Not seen it yet...
Just came on to say I got an Eleven sonic screw driver for Xmas.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

December 28, 2013 10:34 pm  #562

Nice one! Does it work? I mean does it do anything? Lights/noises?

Alles eine Frage des Blickwinkels.
It's all a matter of perspective.

December 28, 2013 11:47 pm  #563

Folks who (no pun intended) do not watch regularly cannot realistically form a reasonable critique of this episode!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

December 29, 2013 3:50 pm  #564

I  haven't read back  too many posts,  but THE TIME OF THE DOCTOR   was  not very Christmas-y.   all it was,  was a town called  Christmas,   the dr  aging three hundred years  because the TARDIS  had disappeared  with Clara,   and  him  saving the town  from  wickedness.   Oh,  he  fixed toys,  which reminded me of that Jolly  little fellow  with the bright red cheeks....That's it.   I  was hoping he would run into Kazran Sardic k  and his lady friend  Abigal.   Remember them?   Amy Pond asked the dr,  "Where did they go?"   the dr replied,  "Christmas".   remember?  

Next  year,  Steven  and  dr  who  crew,  I  want a Christmas episode. .   And I've got the perfect title---THE DOCTOR AND THE GIFT FROM THE  MAGI   Yes,  you  may  use this title.   base  it on O Henry's novel,  and do  whatever you like.   I've got my  own Ideas.   In fact,  I  may just start writing it  for you.   See  you  next christmas,  doctor who!!!        

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

December 29, 2013 5:06 pm  #565

sherlockskitty wrote:

I  haven't read back  too many posts,  but THE TIME OF THE DOCTOR   was  not very Christmas-y.   all it was,  was a town called  Christmas,   the dr  aging three hundred years  because the TARDIS  had disappeared  with Clara,   and  him  saving the town  from  wickedness.   Oh,  he  fixed toys,  which reminded me of that Jolly  little fellow  with the bright red cheeks....That's it.   I  was hoping he would run into Kazran Sardic k  and his lady friend  Abigal.   Remember them?   Amy Pond asked the dr,  "Where did they go?"   the dr replied,  "Christmas".   remember?  

Next  year,  Steven  and  dr  who  crew,  I  want a Christmas episode. .   And I've got the perfect title---THE DOCTOR AND THE GIFT FROM THE  MAGI   Yes,  you  may  use this title.   base  it on O Henry's novel,  and do  whatever you like.   I've got my  own Ideas.   In fact,  I  may just start writing it  for you.   See  you  next christmas,  doctor who!!!        

It was Matt Smith's final episode first, Christmas episode second.  I'm glad Matt Smith didn't get the usual sappy clunker on which to end his era.

And actually, he aged 900 years, not 300.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

December 29, 2013 9:47 pm  #566

I really enjoyed it. I love Matt Smith's Doctor so I'm really sad to see him go but am excited to see Peter Capaldi step into the role. I got the impression that it was really Matt speaking about his time as The Doctor just before he regenerated rather than The Doctor himself (although it sounds like that too!).

================================================================

December 30, 2013 9:53 am  #567

I got that impression too. When he said he'd remember every single day, being Eleventh, it sounded indeed like Matt saying goodbye to the fandom, which was really nice of him

Last edited by Deilenn (December 30, 2013 9:54 am)

The Road goes ever on and on...

December 30, 2013 4:03 pm  #568

Deilenn wrote:

I got that impression too. When he said he'd remember every single day, being Eleventh, it sounded indeed like Matt saying goodbye to the fandom, which was really nice of him

In the behind the scenes clip, they showed him reading those lines out loud in the read through, and he broke down crying at that point.  Moffat gave him a hug

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

December 30, 2013 7:01 pm  #569

sj4iy wrote:

Deilenn wrote:

In the behind the scenes clip, they showed him reading those lines out loud in the read through, and he broke down crying at that point.  Moffat gave him a hug

Awww…    That's so sweet!    What would that bit be called, if went to youtube?  Don't think saw that one…

sj4iy wrote:

It was Matt Smith's final episode first, Christmas episode second.  I'm glad Matt Smith didn't get the usual sappy clunker on which to end his era.

And actually, he aged 900 years, not 300.

I agree.  And…  daang… I remember a few hundred mentioned at one point, but missed what the ending tally was.  So… if I recall that he previously mentioned being about 1200 (after traveling on his own for a while) that makes him now around 2100?   

Last edited by Russell (December 30, 2013 7:26 pm)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

December 30, 2013 9:44 pm  #570

^ Do Time Lords have an average age to die or is it more about the regenerations?

================================================================

December 31, 2013 6:11 am  #571

Michele wrote:

^ Do Time Lords have an average age to die or is it more about the regenerations?

Honestly not sure, being horribly unfamiliar with stuff established in older canon.  Are they just super long-lived (regenerations aside)?  Are regular Gallifreyans?  It was an interesting shift to hear that each time Clara came back, a seriously long time had passed, giving him such a big jump in his cumulative age already mentioned.  Never really seen him grow old, except the First, and the time the Master force-aged Ten.  Wow… and just imagine what it was like for him!  The same guy who, twice when he was with Amy, had to pass the time the 'normal' way and complained he was going mad.      Just saving Christmas….   
Interesting question though… since the focus does seem to be on the latter.  Any 'classics' fans?  Heck, and maybe there was an original limit by the Time Lords to them because each one could last for so long, living a 'regular', safer life, and not running around with danger and dying so much quicker like our Doctor.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

January 27, 2014 8:03 pm  #572

The 12th Doctor's outfit has been revealed!

Have to say, I absolutely love it.  They are describing him as the 100% rebel Doctor, with no frills.  Can't wait.

January 28, 2014 5:08 am  #573

I just saw that today too!  Love it.  Striking, yet I thought they might go with a little more color this time around.  (ok, ok, not so much like certain doctors from the past, ha, but just a bit)  Then again, it fits his face better.  Love the red, and cut.  Sharp.  Almost a little 'vampiric'… 

January 28, 2014 5:15 am  #574

Russell wrote:

I just saw that today too! Love it. Striking, yet I thought they might go with a little more color this time around. (ok, ok, not so much like certain doctors from the past, ha, but just a bit) Then again, it fits his face better. Love the red, and cut. Sharp. Almost a little 'vampiric'…

Reminds me a bit of Pertwee.

January 28, 2014 10:35 am  #575

Erm, are those Doc Martens??

January 28, 2014 12:53 pm  #576

Indeed they are

January 28, 2014 4:56 pm  #577

Russell wrote:

I just saw that today too!  Love it.  Striking, yet I thought they might go with a little more color this time around.  (ok, ok, not so much like certain doctors from the past, ha, but just a bit)  Then again, it fits his face better.  Love the red, and cut.  Sharp.  Almost a little 'vampiric'… 

More a lot 'vampiric'; I'm just not sure that they've thought the image through. The cut of the trousers is unflattering, and it looks as if he's wearing a cardigan under his coat, which is a tad 'nice old age pensioner at bus stop' for a man who travels time and space with equal ease.

Admittedly, no-one's ever going to out-cool Christopher so maybe they are doomed to failure if they try it...

January 28, 2014 10:17 pm  #578

Willow wrote:

Russell wrote:

I just saw that today too! Love it. Striking, yet I thought they might go with a little more color this time around. (ok, ok, not so much like certain doctors from the past, ha, but just a bit) Then again, it fits his face better. Love the red, and cut. Sharp. Almost a little 'vampiric'…

More a lot 'vampiric'; I'm just not sure that they've thought the image through. The cut of the trousers is unflattering, and it looks as if he's wearing a cardigan under his coat, which is a tad 'nice old age pensioner at bus stop' for a man who travels time and space with equal ease.

Admittedly, no-one's ever going to out-cool Christopher so maybe they are doomed to failure if they try it...

The only two Doctors who ever tried to be 'cool' were 9 and 10.  All of the rest had fun, quirky costumes.

January 29, 2014 12:00 pm  #579

I like the new outfit. Though, I counted he would wear some distinctive thing on him. Like, the 4th had his scarf, 11th had a bowtie (and a fez from time to time) etc, and 12 could have something characteristic too. Nevertheless, it still looks good! Can't wait to see him in action.
I presume many fans are already trying to do some cosplay of him

The Road goes ever on and on...

January 29, 2014 3:28 pm  #580

Lack of tie...like Sherlock (most of the time). 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera