BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 6, 2014 11:48 pm  #41

Re: Favourite quotes

My absolutely favourite line still is Mary saying "I'm not John, I know when you're fibbing"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

January 7, 2014 3:56 am  #42

* In the park as Sherlock and John observe Bainbridge: "I'm chatting.  Won't happen again."

And, expanding on The_Gun_Flip's quote:

* Jeanine, "Do you always carry handcuffs?"
* Sherlock, "Down girl."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.  -- Helen Keller

January 7, 2014 6:33 am  #43

Love it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2014 5:53 pm  #44

I want basically everything Sherlock said in this episode on a T-shirt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

January 7, 2014 6:14 pm  #45

Mirthxx wrote:

Watson: Look, Sherlock, this is the biggest and most important day of my life...
Sherlock : Meh....
Watson: No, It is!  It is! *with pointy finger no less*

LMAO

I always crack up because of John in this scene 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 7, 2014 6:16 pm  #46

I always crack up cos Sherlock is right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 7, 2014 6:22 pm  #47

Not a quote but I have to smile at  the sound effect after Sherlock says erectile disfunction

January 7, 2014 6:38 pm  #48

Oh must listen for that, next time!

January 7, 2014 7:04 pm  #49

besleybean wrote:

I always crack up cos Sherlock is right.

Most people DO view it as the most important day of their life. And it's not really anyone else's place to dismiss that. I can understand why Sherlock does, but he at least respects that it's important to John.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 7, 2014 7:47 pm  #50

Sherlock: Imagine someone's going to get murdered at a wedding.Who exactly would you pick?
Mrs. Hudson: I think you're a popular choice at the moment, dear.
Sherlock: If someone could move Mrs Hudson's glass just slightly out of reach, that would be lovely.

Last edited by stoertebeker (January 7, 2014 7:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 7, 2014 7:51 pm  #51

Mrs Hudson: Your mother has a lot to answer for. 
Sherlock: Hmm. I know. I have a list. Mycroft has a file.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 7, 2014 8:01 pm  #52

Brilliant!

January 7, 2014 8:51 pm  #53

Sherlock "Am I human?"
John "Sometimes.."

And honey you should see me in a crown.

January 9, 2014 3:31 am  #54

"Mary: I didn’t think he’d show up at all. John says he’s the most unsociable man he’s ever met.
Sherlock: He is? He’s the most unsociable?
Mary: Mmmm...
Sherlock: Ah, that’s why he’s bouncing round him like a puppy.

Mary: Oh, Sherlock! Neither of us were the first, you know."

Hilarious and ultimate example of why Moffat & Gatiss 'get' both Canonical Sherlock Holmes, their own version of Sherlock and Sherlock fandom in general.

On the one hand, it shows Mary's awesome sense of humor when it comes to Sherlock and John's bromance (for lack of a better word).

On the other hand, it's a fantasticly hilarious 'poke' at the entire spectrum of Sherlock fan culture that has an extremely strong opinion regarding John and Sherlock's type of relationship: from the homophibic comments regarding a S&J relationship being 'disgusting' (Mary makes us think for a moment about what Mary would be literally implying if she was serious..ha!), to fans who aren't homophobic but also don't assume or want to assume that S&J are gay but recognize their mega-bromance, all the way to fans who insist on S&J being lovers. 

If anyone disliked BBC Mary Morstan prior to this moment or were unsure about her, I'd imagine this comment changed a lot of minds. Such a great little scene.

Last edited by always1895 (January 9, 2014 3:41 am)

---------------------
matt laffey
@always1895 on Twitter
Always1895.net
Priory Scholars of NYC
Always1895 on Twitpic

January 23, 2014 9:01 am  #55

SusiGo wrote:

"Am I the current King of England?"

Still makes me laugh

You’ve salted away every fact under the sun!

January 23, 2014 9:07 am  #56

Im loved this one
"Yeah, but am I a pretty lady?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 27, 2014 4:55 am  #57

Janine says something about handcuffs, and Sherlock says, "Down girl."

She flirted with Sherlock Holmes, and not just at him, because he responded.

Could she remind him of Irene? There were certain similarities, it seemed...

Also, wasn't there something where Sherlock was listing bad experiences John had had, and then he said, "Sorry about that last one," (a reference to his faked death?)

What did Sherlock say as John and Mary went to dance? Did he say he had taught John to dance?

Last edited by SherlocklivesinOH (January 27, 2014 5:18 am)

January 27, 2014 6:50 am  #58

Yes and John replies:  'behid closed curtains at Baker Street.  Mrs Hudson walked in in us once, wonder how those rumours started!'

January 27, 2014 11:43 pm  #59

"Sorry about that last one."

Wasn't Sherlock saying John had been through many losses, and "that last one," was Sherlock's supposed death?

January 28, 2014 5:16 am  #60

SherlocklivesinOH wrote:

"Sorry about that last one."

Wasn't Sherlock saying John had been through many losses, and "that last one," was Sherlock's supposed death?

Yep!  The tear-enducing parts of the speech, and so many of their drunk lines already mentioned, were the best things ever. 
He was commenting that John had "endured war and injury and tragic loss", throwing in another quick little apology about his own stunt being one of those included in the last category.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

Board footera