BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 27, 2014 5:24 pm  #1

greetings from Little Rock, Arkansas

Hi all, I'm brand new to the forum.  Very much looking forward to learning a lot about my favorite show from you all.  This is great!
Jill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The suspense is killing me.  I hope it will last.
Twice.

January 27, 2014 6:17 pm  #2

Re: greetings from Little Rock, Arkansas

Hi, warm welcome, Jill! 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

January 27, 2014 6:29 pm  #3

Hi, Jill, I think you have found the right place. Have fun. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 27, 2014 6:45 pm  #4

Welcome, brand new Jill!
Favourite show? Umm...let me guess...
Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

January 27, 2014 8:23 pm  #5

Greetings from a new member from America. What can be said - I adore the show. Have become a Cumberbatch fan in so many ways. Looking forward to meeting others who share my enthusiasm for the show. But, I must begin with a newbie question: Why are there only three episodes in each series? I barely take a drink of this fabulousness -- and then its gone. Please answer if you know. Many thanks!

January 28, 2014 9:27 am  #6

Hello and welcome to the forum Jill.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 28, 2014 5:10 pm  #7

I too would like to know why there are only 3 per season, but mostly wish we could get MORE!  A caution to other newbies in the US who haven't seen the last episode yet, I inadvertently read a spoiler in a post under Scandal in Belgravia.  Backing off reading now until after I see His Last Vow. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The suspense is killing me.  I hope it will last.
Twice.

January 28, 2014 5:43 pm  #8

Well, each show is an hour and a half long, which is the length of a short movie, so if they made more that three episodes per season, that would be a lot of shooting, and I'm sure it's enough now as it is because Freeman and Cumberbatch have othe movies/shows that they are doing as well as Sherlock.

Have I gone mad? I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret.
All the best people are.

I HATE it when people tell me that the fate of the universe is in my hands.
I'm told that so often.

It's a dangerous business going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to.
Don't stare.
You're staring.
We can't both stare.

The Truth Is Out There.
All is fair in Love and Robot Wars.

January 29, 2014 2:40 pm  #9

And an hour and a half without ANY adverts!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

Board footera