BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 16, 2012 3:05 pm  #21

Re: Hi From NH

hepzibah wrote:

Hi Ancientsgate, may I call you Anci?

I decided to reach out to you on this thread rather that the "How old are you " thread as it was going wildly off topic!

I am about to out myself here. Yes, I also love Johnlock! There, I said it and the world didn't end!

I used to read X-Files fanfic back in the day, started with Mulder/Scully, then accidently (truly) stumbled across Mulder/Skinner and Mulder/Krycek (mmm, Krycek). At first I was like "Oh my god!!" (OMG hadn't been invented back then), then I thought "hmm, interesting", then before I knew I was addicted!

Then, as now, I don't relate it to the actors or even the characters as portrayed in the show. I don't really want Sherlock and John to be a couple in the show, it would mess with the dynamic too much. But, side issue, wouldn't it be great to see a show with a gay or lesbian couple going through the 'whole "Moonlighting" or "Castle" tension? It would really help to 'normalise' the whole issue. And the actors would win heaps of awards for their 'courage' .

And Kazza, being the great Aussie chick that she is, has very strong opinions about a lots of issues. When she gets riled up, I just duck and cover ! LOL

I just see Johnlock as a bit of fun, like you do. Some of the writing is excellent, the stories can make you laugh or cry, and sometimes give more insight into the characters and the show itself.

Where do you access fanfic? I love Archive Of Own Own. If you aren't aware of it, check it out. It is also worth registering there even if you don't write fic yourself, because then you can leave comments, which the authors often reply to, which makes me happy!

Anyway, welcome to the madness, you will have heaps of fun here!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yes, I do know about AO3-- it's a huge fan fic site with loads of reading opportunities of all kinds, no matter what someone's persuasions are.

I have read extensively and written about 30 short stories in the Stargate SG-1 fandom. I've also read virtually everything ever written in the Brokeback Mountain fandom. I've done a bit of reading in the Hawaii 5-0 fandom. The Johnlock thing is new to me; I've barely scratched the surface.

I don't need to see any slash in the show, as I said in the other thread. We slashers know better than to hope for what can never be, anyway (at least on American television). The John/Sherlock dynamic in canon is just fine the way it is--  they're coworkers and friends, and no benefits are necessary IMO. I would prefer it if the show runners would keep them out of the arms of willing women, however, and let the eps stand on their own as crime dramas/mysteries without benefit of any kind of sexual liaisons. I imagine I'm in the minority there-- most women would probably love to see either of the guys in a clinch with nubile women, but not me.

June 16, 2012 3:16 pm  #22

I agree with just about all you have said, Anci, except that I would love John, in the show, to meet Mary Mostan and start a proper relationship. Can you imagine Sherlock's reaction? John has taught him about friendship, and John & Mary could teach him about love (by observation, not participation, is what I mean, get your mind out of the gutter!) And I want to start a campaign for Martin's partner, Amanda Abbington, to play Mary. How cute would that be?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FREE PUSSY RIOT

I wish the real world would just stop hassling me - Rob Thomas

Did I mention that I have a Kindle?

#destroythejoint

June 17, 2012 4:48 am  #23

I believe Molly is a derivative of Mary, but that's never gonna happen. Is it?

Board footera