BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 25, 2014 1:46 pm  #121

Re: The "Good News" thread

Thanks!  I've always wanted a red car XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

January 25, 2014 2:03 pm  #122

Looks wonderful, congrats you found a car you like. I drive a Mazda 3, and I'm very happy with it.

January 25, 2014 2:10 pm  #123

Ah, no heated seats...that was on the "luxury model".  We got the mid-level model, but we got some nice add-ons (like a moon roof and Bose sound system).  The luxury model had leather heated seats, but we have small kids, so it wasn't worth them destroying it XD

We did a lot of research on small crossover SUVs, and the Mazda fit everything we were looking for.  It's a very cool sporty car...I just couldn't bear to get a minivan or a van XD  But I will say that German engineering is hard to beat ^^

Last edited by sj4iy (January 25, 2014 2:12 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

January 25, 2014 2:25 pm  #124

Swanpride wrote:

Too bad...but I guess there is less a need for heated seats if you life in the right part of the US (yeah, I know, I am obsessed with those things...I love my own car, and I intend to drive it until it falls apart (Opel Corsa - already 16 years on the streets and doesn't look like it will give up anytime soon), but the next one WILL have heated seats.

Nice of your husband to allow you to get the new car.

Well, he only needs his car to drive back and forth to work.  We have a 2008 Hyundai Sonata already, and when he wrecked his car (a 2002 Chevy Cavalier), we decided we needed something more roomy for long trips (because we make very long trips back to our parents' houses 4 or 5 times a year).  He would get our Hyundai and I would get the new car for driving the kids around.  So we both did the research and narrowed it down.  I test drove the cars (since I would be the primary driver) and I just loved driving the Mazda- the handling was very tight and it had quite a lot of power despite it's relatively small engine.  I got to pick the color and the options, though ^^

The heated seats would be pretty nice to have right now in this weather (we have about a foot of snow and the temperature is in the single digits)...but maybe the next car will have them ;)

Last edited by sj4iy (January 25, 2014 2:28 pm)

January 25, 2014 2:28 pm  #125

sj4iy wrote:

A couple of weeks ago, my husband totaled his car in a wreck.  No one was hurt, but we were left with only one car and needing two.

The good news...

I got my first new car ever :D  A 2014 Mazda CX-5 Touring.

So happy right now XD

I hope this doesn't mean you are going to fake your death, move to Columbia and cash in on the insurance money .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is it nice not being me? It must be so relaxing.

An apostrophe makes the difference between a business that knows its shit, and a business that knows it's shit.

January 25, 2014 2:29 pm  #126

Ormond Sacker wrote:

I hope this doesn't mean you are going to fake your death, move to Columbia and cash in on the insurance money .

My husband is the one with the life insurance ;)

January 25, 2014 6:31 pm  #127

Lovely car! Nice colour too.

Yesterday I was ranting about a waste of money...paying out a lot to enter our horse into a four day show jumping show. Well she had been doing really badly! HOWEVER....today she has excelled herself and came second in the small Grand Prix and then went on to WIN the Grand Prix. This was at a prestigious Pro-Am show. I am a very happy and proud owner! All credit to the rider too! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 25, 2014 6:53 pm  #128

Davina wrote:

Lovely car! Nice colour too.

Yesterday I was ranting about a waste of money...paying out a lot to enter our horse into a four day show jumping show. Well she had been doing really badly! HOWEVER....today she has excelled herself and came second in the small Grand Prix and then went on to WIN the Grand Prix. This was at a prestigious Pro-Am show. I am a very happy and proud owner! All credit to the rider too!

That's awesome!  What kind of horse is she?

January 25, 2014 6:56 pm  #129

She is a Belgian Warmblood. Her sire is Heartbreaker and she is out of an Ahorn Z mare. Top bloodlines. She is chestnut and 16.1hands high. She is very pretty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

January 25, 2014 7:23 pm  #130

Davina wrote:

She is a Belgian Warmblood. Her sire is Heartbreaker and she is out of an Ahorn Z mare. Top bloodlines. She is chestnut and 16.1hands high. She is very pretty.

Oh!  Any chance of a picture?  I'd love to see her, Davina.

And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

January 25, 2014 7:25 pm  #131

Wow, she sounds gorgeous :D

We always had horses growing up, but we always adopted mustangs and broke them for our personal use.  But we loved going to the races :D

January 26, 2014 2:08 pm  #132

I am going to try an upload a photo of her, but I am honestly rubbish at this so I might have to get help from someone to do this!

January 26, 2014 3:12 pm  #133

Have some pics of Davina's horse, ladies. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2014 3:14 pm  #134

Gorgeous.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 26, 2014 4:50 pm  #135

A real beauty

January 26, 2014 7:59 pm  #136

Thank you Susi! To the rescue, yet again! 

January 26, 2014 8:04 pm  #137

My pleasure. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 26, 2014 10:47 pm  #138

I've got an interview tomorrow! ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

January 26, 2014 11:07 pm  #139

Good luck Kitty!!

And here my good news of the day: I just booked my London holiday! I will visit London from the 24th till 30th of April! I am so excited! I've already warned my BF that we'll have to visit a lot of shooting scenes from Sherlock  .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 26, 2014 11:14 pm  #140

Like a pilgrimage? ^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera