BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2014 8:27 pm  #21

Re: 4 Things I Want from Sherlock Series 4

1. More exploration of Sherlock's Mind Palace.
2. Some more information about John's life before Sherlock.
3. For John not to be kidnapped and to dish out the BAMF
4. More epic eye sex between Sherlock and John.

Ok.  Sorry about that last one.
I'll be over here in my corner.   *hangs head*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

January 22, 2014 8:39 pm  #22

Willow wrote:

stoertebeker wrote:

1: tricky cases and clever deductions 
2: John showing how much Sherlock means to him
3: more Lestrade (far to little scenes with him this series  )
4: a case outside of London (like in THoB)

I'm with you on 3 out of 4 but I prefer Sherlock to remain in London. Of course I'm biased; I live here - quite close to Barts- and in many ways Sherlock is about his love affair with London. And we all know that the Sherlock of canon regards the country as the epitome of evil, though perhaps, now I come to think of it, this is precisely why you want Sherlock to have a case there 

Right!  THoB was so wonderful spooky. I'll like to have something like that again  . But I understand you, I also like to see my hometown in television (imagine how excited I got with 'Many Happy Returns' and Sherlock being in Hamburg  ).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

January 23, 2014 7:47 am  #23

tonnaree wrote:

Ok.  Sorry about that last one.
I'll be over here in my corner.   *hangs head*

YES!!! YES!!! A thousand times YES!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

"If you're not reading the subtext then hell mend you"  -  Steven Moffat
"Love conquers all" Benedict Cumberbatch on Sherlock's and John's relationship
"This is a show about a detective, his best friend, his wife, their baby and their dog" - Nobody. Ever.

January 24, 2014 2:40 am  #24

gently69 wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

4. More Mycroft/Sherlock scenarios, possibly where Mycroft gets into trouble and Sherlock has to save him somehow.

Yeah... a good point. Would be something new.

And to go on...

2. More focus on interestiing cases again
3. But no business as usual (like it was in S1 + 2) because too much happenend in S3 and it can't go on without a trace (concerning the relationship of Sherlock and John... which doesn't mean that I need hugs and emotional talks all the time )
4. And please... no return of Moriarty. He may rest in peace.

YEAH!!!  I agree 100% with you regarding your 2nd Idea! I want to see more interesting complex murder cases again!!!! This is something I really missed in the last season!!!!!  Sherlock and Watson are the best friends in the world, we have no doubt about it and it is enough!!!  I hope we will be able to see Sherlock dying to investigate good and complex cases!!!  As you said gently69, I also want Sherlock from S1 and S2 back to Baker Street and our TV screens very soon!!!! 

Also,  I would like to see Sherlock treating women better, please!!  I'm very sorry for Molly and his fake girlfriend on season 3 (sorry I don't remember her name right now).  
In order to solve this, I would like to see a new female character who was a lot like Sherlock and they could have many things in common and maybe he could start feeling something or be willing to have a good/special relationship with her.  They do not need to end up in a relationship, but Sherlock's view on women could problaby change a litlle bit. But That's just an idea!!!! 

In conclusion, the best consulting detective in the world must be seen at his best state next season!!!! 

Last edited by spanisherlock (January 24, 2014 2:44 am)

The begining of a great adventure!!!

February 2, 2014 10:55 pm  #25

1. More crime solving (more complex cases that take more time to solve).
2. More Sherlock being brilliant.
3. More Lestrade and Sally.
4. More Sherlock and John in cabs and running around London and investigating crime scenes.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

February 3, 2014 8:00 am  #26

1. Much more deduction
2. Mary gone (death or alive, but in a way that would allow John to move on soon) and John moving back HOME
3. More interaction with Lestrade - it's usually fun
4. More Johnlock moments (not explicit but those moments which allow me to dream  )

tonnaree wrote:

I totally understand this, but then again I'm not sure I really want to actually SEE it in the show, so I rather included my point 4

February 5, 2014 12:41 pm  #27

1. Paul McGuigan as director
2. dark clear beautiful images (art related?)
3. cases to get to know characters in them
4. Sherlock being brilliant, preferably with John back in 221 B (without a baby)

February 6, 2014 12:48 am  #28

* New locations. I'm sorta kinda tired of them always being in 221B or in a cab. Just sayin'.
* Speaking of 221B, John needs to move back in. AND I want to see his bedroom.
* Sherlock being awkward and adorable at the same time.
* A new villain just as great as Moriarty was.
* More twists and turns in the story. I love being shocked. 
* John gets injured this time. Why is it always just Sherlock??
* Mary needs to die epically. No stupid death. EPIC.
* Continue the bromance. And a few gems of occasional touching so I can watch the Johnlock fans go crazy on tumblr! Muawhahaha =D

February 17, 2014 2:45 am  #29

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

silverblaze wrote:

Liked your article. 

I'm thinking, what if Mary becomes the protagonist from The Valley of Fear? That'd give her a good backstory and plenty of villains to hunt her, including Moriarty's brother. And the video is a threat to her. 

McMurdo is one of my favourite canon characters ever! What a hero. That would be cool.

Which would redeem Mary somewhat...I don't think we see McMurdo directly killing anyone in the Valley. He pretends to be part of the group of killers for a while without stopping them, to establish himself. But Mary's background isn't the biggest problem now, in terms of her bieng a bad guy: while we may not be comfortable morally with what the CIA does  - I'm not - there are shows and such where American spies are the good guys, or at least, we have to accept the other side is worse. And there are parallels between what they do and what John and Sherlock do.

The biggest problem is, whatever heroics Mary turns out to have done in her past life, it doesn't change her shooting Sherlock....unless it was somewhat "under duress," in that CAM told her to do it as the price of her own safety, and even then...

February 17, 2014 9:07 am  #30

Nice article, I agree with all points, especially the last!

What else do I want from S4?

1. I want a miracle to happen and the feelings between the boys go back to where they were in S2 - close but also lighthearted. No more odes to each other, begging for forgiveness, searching for words in emotionally charged situations.. just Sherlock and John, liking each other and solving crimes together, sometimes clashing with their different personalities.

2. I want Mary to die heroically, saving John and/or Sherlock.. the baby grows up with John´s parents in the lovely countryside and they often see each other but don´t live together.

3. I want to see how Sherlock deals with the murder he commited, not just "yeah but he wasn´t a very nice man and now England needs me and everything´s back to normal". That was okay with John shooting the cabbie, but not this time.

4. I want some tricky cases, constructed and solved canon style, with Sherlock being back to his brilliant rational observant self.

February 17, 2014 3:53 pm  #31

*peaks out of corner*

I want them to visit Sherlock's parents cottage again and I want a scene of John, outside, shirtless, chopping wood.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

February 17, 2014 6:19 pm  #32

*snort* 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

February 17, 2014 6:24 pm  #33

Zatoichi wrote:

1. I want a miracle to happen and the feelings between the boys go back to where they were in S2 - close but also lighthearted. No more odes to each other, begging for forgiveness, searching for words in emotionally charged situations.. just Sherlock and John, liking each other and solving crimes together, sometimes clashing with their different personalities.

2. I want Mary to die heroically, saving John and/or Sherlock.. the baby grows up with John´s parents in the lovely countryside and they often see each other but don´t live together.

3. I want to see how Sherlock deals with the murder he commited, not just "yeah but he wasn´t a very nice man and now England needs me and everything´s back to normal". That was okay with John shooting the cabbie, but not this time.

4. I want some tricky cases, constructed and solved canon style, with Sherlock being back to his brilliant rational observant self.

I would sign all of this. (Until I beg for mercy. Twice.)

February 17, 2014 6:44 pm  #34

TeeJay wrote:

Zatoichi wrote:

I would sign all of this. (Until I beg for mercy. Twice.)

Yeah, I'd echo all of this, too
Season 3 was an interesting departure, and I like the ever so slightly more human Sherlock (and Mycroft), but I preferred the structure of seasons 1 and 2, if I'm honest.

"And in the end,
The Love you take
Is equal to the Love you make"
                                             The Beatles

February 17, 2014 7:12 pm  #35

1. Better cases (Most of the cases in Series three were more open and shut or not realistic like the Bloody Guardsman. How can you not know that you have been stabbed? =/ )

2. Bring back Paul McGuigan! I miss his directing style =(

3. The tone and structure of Series 1 and 2. 

4. No more unnesscary character drama or character derailments. 

Oh! I have five! 

A villian, not Moriarty, and smarter than CAM. Xd

February 18, 2014 12:28 am  #36

Willow wrote:

I'm with you on 3 out of 4 but I prefer Sherlock to remain in London. Of course I'm biased; I live here - quite close to Barts- and in many ways Sherlock is about his love affair with London. And we all know that the Sherlock of canon regards the country as the epitome of evil, though perhaps, now I come to think of it, this is precisely why you want Sherlock to have a case there

BTW for the record:

1. More awesome deductions with requisite text clouds! (anyone know what font perchance?)
2. More Mycroft!
3. I'm torn between more humor and more darkness!
4. Sherlock rescuing Molly with lots of derring do!  (even if this does not lead to any sort of romance)
I agree with you!  In this show London is almost a seperate character.  I love it.

Last edited by MotherShip (February 18, 2014 12:36 am)

March 9, 2014 6:45 pm  #37

tonnaree wrote:

*peaks out of corner*

I want them to visit Sherlock's parents cottage again and I want a scene of John, outside, shirtless, chopping wood

Mwuahahaha!

And then a torrid sex scene in front of the fireplace

Ahem...

Well, everything's already been said, but yeah...

Being a HUGE Mycroft fan, I'd obviously love to see more of him in S4 (I was already very happy with S3). Someone mentioned it would be nice to see Myc in danger and Sherlock save him. Yes, I'd love to see that, but I think I'd love it even more if it was Sherlock in danger, and we'd get to see Mycroft's sensitive side, we'd see him broken and worried (when no one can see him, of course, lol) AND for once, using his amazing skills and doing "legwork" to save his brother (yes, he did all that undercover stuff in Serbia, but that doesn't count, does it, Sherlock? )

I'd also like to see more of their past.

I really liked the "new mind palace" and i'd like to see more of it in S4.

I want more cases, more mystery...

I want John back in Baker St.

I want more Johnlock. Just because.

Just like old times...

April 22, 2014 8:52 pm  #38

I want to see the inside of John's bedroom.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

April 22, 2014 9:02 pm  #39

1. I'd love to see flashbacks. Know a little more about the past. The Holmes brothers as kids, for example! Know how Sherlock and Mycroft came to be what they are in the series. A traumatic event? A broken heart? (That's for you Mycroft.) Maybe the meeting of Sherlock and Greg? With the fabulous phrase "Those things'll kill you." except Greg tells this to drug-addict Sherlock.
2. No baby. No. It's already complicated enough with Mary. Maybe she can fake the pregnancy? She's fooled Sherlock once she can fool him twice? I mean, imagine a plot where the baby gets kidnapped. Cliché. Not that I'd hate the baby if it were ever to be put in the Series but what will Moftiss do about it afterwards? It'll be a bit of a wall no?
3. Moriarty being dead. It's better that way. Let's have Moran. A leftover of the web,  maybe Mary? Who knows?
4. More Lestrade. He needs more scenes, seriously.

SH: Can’t handle a broken heart? How very telling.
MH: Don’t be smart.
SH: That takes me back. [adopts creepy child voice]“Don’t be smart Sherlock, I’m the smart one.”
MH [darkly]: I am the smart one.
SH: I used to think I was an idiot
MH: I'm living in a world of goldfish.
SH: I don’t know. No, I thought perhaps you might have found yourself a…goldfish.
MH: Change the subject. Now.

May 2, 2014 8:50 pm  #40

Things I want for Series 4.

* A 01-01-2016 air date.  (Yes, I'd love it before then but this is trying to be both realistic and optimistic.)
* For them to actually make that mouthwatering short Martin talked about to comfort us in the meantime.
* The SAME air date world wide.  
* Absolutly no edits to the episodes whenever they are broadcast on PBS in the states.  Not even 2 seconds!

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera