BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 5:48 am  #1

Your Top Five Movies/Mini-Series starring Benedict

Can it be that we don't have a thread about our favourite movies/tv-mini-series starring Benedict yet? Because I was thinking about this yesterday, and I know it's hard to decide... but it's certainly interesting to see which projects he's been part of we like best (apart from Sherlock), don't you think?
If you like, do a ranking, but you might also give your Top Five in no particular order.

So, I'll give it a start:

1. Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - the atmosphere, the story, the style, the characters, the bromance 
2. Third Star - makes me cry every time I watch it, some very fundamental truths, and again: the bromance
3. Star Trek Into Darkness - I just love, love, love Ben's Khan
4. Parade's End - great story, something to watch again and again
5. The Fifth Estate - Ben's Assange totally convinced me

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 21, 2014 8:37 am  #2

Re: Your Top Five Movies/Mini-Series starring Benedict

Well, that is really difficult. What does Benedict usually say - an embarrassment of riches? 

1. Parade's End
2. Third Star
3. Hawking
4. The Fifth Estate
5. Small Island

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

January 21, 2014 8:49 am  #3

I have to watch the 4 DVDs which still are in my waiting loop. F..cough... need more time for this...

My ranking from what I have seen so far:

1. Star Trek Into Darkness - his Khan was brilliant
2. The Fifth Estate - Benedict as Assange was the missing link to finally infect me
3. Third Star - what can I say... just heart breaking
4. Stuart - A Life backwards - not easy to understand, but what I understood... interesting
5. Wreckers - have to watch it a few times to understand it...

As said, it will certainly change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten:" I'm burning up a sun just to say goodbye."

Sherlock: "I heard you.”

"Temptation coursing through our veins " 
(Tony Hadley)

January 21, 2014 5:35 pm  #4

1. Third Star - such a beautiful film
2. Star Trek Into Darkness - may I just say that his hair and voice are particularly sexy in STID
3. Hobbit - don't forget motion capture
4. Wreckers
5. The Other Boleyn Girl
Hmmm it looks like I have a lot to catch up because that's all I have seen so far (except Little Favour, Inseparable, Murder Is Easy and the document about Dunkirk on youtube)
However, my favourite Ben's non-Sherlock work is Cabin Pressure for sure - I love what he can do with his voice. He should definitely do more comedy roles.

- -  - –  – –  - - -  - - - -  -  - – -  - – - -  – – –  – - – -  – - –  -  – - -
Up, down, flying around, looping the loop and defying the ground.
They're all frightfully keen, those magnificent men in their flying machines!

January 22, 2014 8:55 am  #5

Well, let's see.... 1. Parade's End - I think I love this series even more than Sherlock, (almost)2. Third Star - Benedict is hearbreaking, but the whole movie is outstanding as well, IMO3. The Fifth Estate - so different from his usual "self" and so intense4. Star Trek into Darkness - a wronged superman and sooooooo handsome5. Hawking - young Benedict and once again a spot on incarnation of real Hawking

Board footera