BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 20, 2014 9:46 pm  #41

Re: How Moriarty must have faked it.

Hi guys, I'm new here so i have to make at leat 2 postings before I can include a link in my post, so here's one 

January 20, 2014 9:49 pm  #42

I really loved series 3 , and i'm really looking forward series 4. I can't wait. This is hands down the best tv show ever made. 

(sorry for the spam)

January 20, 2014 9:51 pm  #43

and here's the new one with my link to my theory about moriarty. 

I see that you all want Moriarty DEAD, but i just discovered something. tell me what you guys think ! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg8FT8I6U0c

January 20, 2014 9:52 pm  #44

I don't want him dead at all, I just think he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 21, 2014 6:39 pm  #45

jimsaywhat wrote:

I really loved series 3 , and i'm really looking forward series 4. I can't wait. This is hands down the best tv show ever made. 

(sorry for the spam)

Well, instead of "spam" you could have used the introduction thread....^^

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 21, 2014 6:42 pm  #46

jimsaywhat wrote:

and here's the new one with my link to my theory about moriarty. 

I see that you all want Moriarty DEAD, but i just discovered something. tell me what you guys think ! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg8FT8I6U0c

Why should Moriarty use any kind of spray? If the gun and the blood are fake anyway he could just fall backwards and stay on the floor like he did.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

January 23, 2014 10:03 pm  #47

I just currently cannot accept that Moriarty is dead. There are a couple theories I am willing to believe...

1. Moriarty faked it. 
First of all, Moriarty is all about outdoing Sherlock. It doesn't make sense to me that he would kill himself just to make Sherlock kill himself. Why kill himself with the Game still on??? I would guess that he knew Sherlock would try to "take him hostage" so he made arrangements. Notice that Moffatiss doesn't SHOW us Moriarty's shot, we only hear it. The blood is also excessively fake. With a shot to the skull at that angle there would be spray. Not like a shotgun at close range but he is using a 92FS Inox, a 9mm with decent capability to seriously blow out some skullage, especially as such an extremely close range. And there wouldn't be a trickle of blood There would be far more blood than that. Honestly this is my top theory. And as to why Sherlock "thought" he was dead... Either Sherlock was in shock (my preference) or Sherlock knew, and knew that Moriarty had it all figured out. I prefer the Sherlock in Shock sub-theory because I just happen to really really like it when Sherlock's brain shuts down in fear, shock, or other rush of emotion. Like when Irene played him for him to solve the "code." Anyway I'm off track.
I do NOT accept the theory that Moriarty shot himself but lived. I don't think it's even slightly possible for him to have missed his spinal cord at the back of his throat, and if angled more upwards it would have pierced through the very central part of his brain. I don't believe Moriarty would have chanced that, and even if he did he would not have survived the 5-20 minutes that it took John to get in place. Not possible.

2. Moriarty wasn't Moriarty. I'm not talking body double, I really really hate that theory. I'm saying that someone was pretending to be Moriarty, but the real Moriarty was calling the shots from the shadows. Now I don't like this theory as much because it seems to be that IF Andrew Scott's Moriarty was an accurate portrayal of the REAL Moriarty, then I don't think the Real Moriarty would go through all that. He would want to be seen, he is flamboyant and obsessed with Sherlock and he is not scared.
BUT if the REAL Moriarty has a different personality, then I could see it. He hired someone else to be his face, and the face came along with a different personality.

Now, if Andrew Scott's Moriarty is dead, I would like to see his brother come in. Whether or not you believe that James Moriarty Bro.V.2 was a canonical fact or a Doylian continuity error is your thing. I just want to see another parallel to Sherlock. Jim Moriarty, the younger brother, kicked around (by Carl Powers, by older brother, by god know's who else.), mastermind, dark. But ultimately shadowed by the more powerful, smarter, older brother, Jim Moriarty. 

And if none of that is true... I hope Mycroft did it out of love. He's such a little sly, no booty butthead. But he loves with wittle bwuder.

But lets be honest I am 10000% in love with Andrew Scott's Moriarty. I want theory 1 to be true, but I understand why the vast majority of you are like "No he's dead go away."

January 24, 2014 6:37 am  #48

Well I'm not that harsh!
I love Moriarty too and would really like for him to be still alive.
I just don't think he is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 24, 2014 12:58 pm  #49

If the writers want Andrew Scott back they can invent a story line of him. He can be a twin brother or whatever. He can exist in Sherlock's mind palace being his nemesis or dark alter ego. There are several possibilities.
I don't think it would be a good idea to say that the person who put a gun into his mouth and shot himself did a fake suicide on the roof.
That would make Sherlock look like an idiot being deceived. No way that somebody can survive that or overlook it. Sherlock would be able to see whether a man is dead or alive.

And the whole fall excercise and hiatus would be silly when the death was a fake.
But then the writers invented a lot in series 3 and want us to believe it. There is obviously not much that they are not willing to do with Sherlock.

January 24, 2014 4:53 pm  #50

The only thing I did think about all of this, is if the ' other brother ' line is a clue to Moriarty's brother...

January 24, 2014 7:36 pm  #51

Mary Me wrote:

I would feel betrayed. My guess is that this was just a teaser. To wind the fandom up and to introduce a new villain... one who pretends Moriarty is still alive to draw Sherlock's attention and to keep him in London.

Well, it's not just Sherlock's attention he's drawing; putting it on every tv screen in the country is a pretty broad brush approach.

One of the odd things about it is that Mary actually seems frightened; we have learned to know her, if not to love her, as a stone cold killer and yet she seems to be clutching at John as she speaks her lines quite rapidly. Distinctly strange 

March 27, 2014 9:24 pm  #52

Recently, I read an online comment pointing out a detail that most of us could have easily missed.
Anderson thought Sherlock's body double was Moriarty with a mask. Meaning, they never found Moriarty's body on the roof.
I thought this was a key element to point out within this forum.

Last edited by milathewalrus (March 27, 2014 9:25 pm)

~~~
Oh, Sherlock, what do we say about coincidences? The universe is rarely so lazy.

April 8, 2014 4:04 am  #53

Okay, okay. Most of you think that Moriarty is dead. 

DEAD.

DEAD.

DEAD.

But, I beg to differ. 

In the books, there are two Moriartys; Jim Moriarty, and Professor Moriarty.

Prof. Moriarty DOES NOT LIKE TO BE SEEN. 

He barely comes out of his office.

So- why would he come out to see Sherlock?

I believe that Jim Moriarty was just being a cover for Prof. Moriarty. Prof. Moriarty, not wanting to be involved in all the danger, hired out Jim to essentially "be him". 

In short, Jim is dead. Prof. Moriarty is not.

However, there is that one part in the end of TRF when Moriarty's face comes back with the caption, "Miss me?" What's all that about?

"In 900 years of time and space, I've never met anyone who wasnt important" -Eleventh Doctor 

"Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side" -Sherlock

May 4, 2014 12:20 pm  #54

I think that Moriarty is dead, so I'm not really sure what to think about this.

May 4, 2014 12:25 pm  #55

Hmmm...
Except what of the paper reports that it had been proved Richard Brook was a fake and a creation of Moriarty?
Though,there's never been any mention of the death of Moriarty..

May 4, 2014 1:33 pm  #56

Maybe Richard Brook was real, but Moriarty told Sherlock that he was fake so Sherlovk would believe that Moriarty died? That was a long sentence...

Board footera