BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 21, 2014 10:03 am  #1

And another thing.....

I've watched HLV quite a lot.... ;)

A few things that have cropped up upon repeat viewings

1) the surgeon's shock as Holmes comes round. Don't his eyes look like Mycrofts?
2) Sherlock eating! Surely that's a first?
3) when Sherlock escapes from hospital, how does he do that? He's on like, the third floor. If he left from the window that's gonna do some serious damage isn't it? However, he had the morphine drip and the wheelchair for Mary's reveal...how did he get that out too?
4) when Sherlock feels pain in his mind palace after meeting Redbeard, note the pool of blood on the floor. Continuity?

Anyways...blathering on again, apologies!

I'm clueing for looks

January 21, 2014 10:20 am  #2

Re: And another thing.....

clareiow wrote:

Not quite, think about the chips in TEH.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 21, 2014 10:23 am  #3

Oh yeah I'd forgotten about that

I'm clueing for looks

January 21, 2014 10:25 am  #4

SolarSystem wrote:

clareiow wrote:

And he was seen eating something when in the kitchen with Mrs.Hudson - was it in SIB?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

January 21, 2014 10:26 am  #5

Think this is an argument Benedict lost. He said in interview a while back he didn't want to be seen eating as Sherlock; whereas Gatiss/Moffat did. 
I suspect that his escape was aided by the homeless network.

January 21, 2014 11:23 am  #6

clareiow wrote:

When Sherlock escapes from hospital, how does he do that? He's on like, the third floor. If he left from the window that's gonna do some serious damage isn't it? However, he had the morphine drip and the wheelchair for Mary's reveal...how did he get that out too?

Sherlock is on a surgical ward not a locked unit. As much as we discouraged patients on drips from going off the ward they can't realy be stoped. Since smoking was banned in hospital more patients venture outside, often when they shouldn't. I have been on fair few crash calls to the front entrence where people were found collapsed after going out for a cigg.

I would imagine John took him of the ward for a bit of 'fresh air'. I don't think there would be much of an opposition to him being taken out in a wheelchair by a friend (particularly if that friend happens to be a doctor). Alternatively they could have just sneeked out. It's not that difficult to get out un-noticed from a busy surgical ward.

January 21, 2014 11:34 am  #7

Schmiezi wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

clareiow wrote:

And he was seen eating something when in the kitchen with Mrs.Hudson - was it in SIB?

Yes, it was. It was something he took from Hudders' fridge, some sort of pie...?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

January 21, 2014 11:37 am  #8

belis wrote:

I would imagine John took him of the ward for a bit of 'fresh air'. I don't think there would be much of an opposition to him being taken out in a wheelchair by a friend (particularly if that friend happens to be a doctor). Alternatively they could have just sneeked out. It's not that difficult to get out un-noticed from a busy surgical ward.

But John definitely wasn't involved... he enters the room with Lestrade and finds Sherlock gone and the window open, so it is suggested that Sherlock escaped through the window. With a wheelchair?!
Maybe it would be more clear if they hadn't shown the open window.

@Solar: It was a Mince Pie. We also see him eat a piece of toast in A Study in Pink and something unintentifiable in TSOT.

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

January 21, 2014 12:36 pm  #9

As if Mycrof would allow him to go out. 

Actually, I don't think he had any help, he got into his wheelchair, attached the drip, used the lift and found a taxi. (There are often a lot of taxis outside.)

February 5, 2014 1:01 pm  #10

yes, seems possible that he just went away on his wheelchair. and let the window opened just to show off 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..I've always assumed that love is a dangerous disadvantage. Thank you for the final proof...

February 5, 2014 1:13 pm  #11

Mrs.Wenceslas wrote:

yes, seems possible that he just went away on his wheelchair. and let the window opened just to show off 

Excellent theory. Logical and in character. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

May 23, 2015 11:18 am  #12

Regarding Sherlock leaving hospital I agree with Mrs. Wenceslas.

But there's another little detail in the episode (and lots of bigger issues, which I'll leave for now) that drives me crazy: Why does everybody call the tool John takes from his car a tyre iron? Or tyre lever?

As far as I know, tyre irons/levers are used for levering the tyre off the rim - which probably no car driver has done for decades (cyclists, on the other hand, have to do it much too often ). The tool in John's trousers is the one used to open the nuts on the wheel - I'm just not sure whether it would be called a wheel brace if it's in L-form. Is the term lug wrench used in England?

Board footera